2023 NFL Discussion

rico

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

If they got that weather in Indy the game would be played. 

Absolutely. Super Bowl year. We had to find a cause to sign up for to help out Indy hosting. We all signed up for Snow Removal. There was 1100+ of us who were on the list that just in case it snowed that week or night before game Indy wanted it all cleaned up asap.

Of course we all know the weather that week.

I was waiting for someone to chime in and say well we played with no fans 3 years ago.....could do that again? Haha.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

So are you really suggesting ALL stadiums should be domes?? I’m not sure I understand your point.

Just stating what I think would happen. But yeah, I have no idea why they wouldn't indoor them all if we're cancelling games for weather. Makes no sense. 

11 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Just stating what I think would happen. But yeah, I have no idea why they wouldn't indoor them all if we're cancelling games for weather. Makes no sense. 

I’ll just say I disagree..I think outdoor stadiums are great but this isn’t an arguement either side will convince the other of. Guess I didn’t realize that would be an opinion a hardcore football guy like yourself would have.

13 minutes ago, btownqb said:

The aren't cancelling the game because of the stadium being outside but the safety of the people driving to the game. I remember the Colts playing at Buffalo a few years ago and was snowing very heavily. The storm started during the game and they played through it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

The aren't cancelling the game because of the stadium being outside but the safety of the people driving to the game. I remember the Colts playing at Buffalo a few years ago and was snowing very heavily. The storm started during the game and they played through it.

And that could happen in Indy too. If we were getting a blizzard they could delay the game too.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

If it were in Indy they'd play. 

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I’ll just say I disagree..I think outdoor stadiums are great but this isn’t an arguement either side will convince the other of. Guess I didn’t realize that would be an opinion a hardcore football guy like yourself would have.

My opinion is the game should be played tomorrow. 

My opinion is.. I'm confused why Buffalo would build another outdoor stadium? 

I do agree with Rico. For a product of scheduling.  But the snow, rain, mud, whatever...no doesn't entice me. Cool to watch, absolutely sucks ass/changes everything coaching/playing in it. 

Edited by btownqb

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I remember IU basketball games being postponed due to weather 

Did they build an outdoor stadium? 

I remember going to an IU game LAST year with -10- -20 degree wind chills... 

Either way-- Buffalo doesn't get to act tough anymore. 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Did they build an outdoor stadium? 

I remember going to an IU game LAST year with -10- -20 degree wind chills... 

Either way-- Buffalo doesn't get to act tough anymore. 

They aren't cancelling this game due to be to cold. If it was just the cold this game would be played

20 minutes ago, btownqb said:

My opinion is the game should be played tomorrow. 

My opinion is.. I'm confused why Buffalo would build another outdoor stadium? 

I do agree with Rico. For a product of scheduling.  But the snow, rain, mud, whatever...no doesn't entice me. Cool to watch, absolutely sucks ass/changes everything coaching/playing in it. 

They aren’t canceling the game because of the players…it’s to protect the fans. If it was a blizzard in Indy they wouldn’t play it either. The staff, officials, tv crews couldn’t make it to the game.  emergency crews and police can’t be tied up for a game when there is a state of emergency. KC is playing tonight…it’s about safety for people getting to the game…not because it’s cold.

Edited by dgambill

8 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

They played the Ice Bowl back in the day. One of the most historic games in NFL history.

Play the damn game 

They will…on Monday. No big deal. Also the Ice Bowl wasn’t played in a foot of snow and 30 mph winds (basically a white out event). The game tonight in KC would be more like that game. It will still be super cold and windy on Monday as well…just not white out conditions…so I don’t get why people are getting worked up. I feel like everyone started drinking way earlier than normal today lol.

Edited by dgambill

18 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

They played the Ice Bowl back in the day. One of the most historic games in NFL history.

Play the damn game 

What do some of you guys not understand, they postponed the game because of the safety to get to the game. They have played many games over the years during a snow storm but that is when the storm starts during the game. It isn't like they would postponed the game after the game started because of to much snow.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

What do some of you guys not understand, they postponed the game because of the safety to get to the game. They have played many games over the years during a snow storm but that is when the storm starts during the game. It isn't like they would postponed the game after the game started because of to much snow.

To be fair we also had state and local governments that weren’t inept back in the day too….so let’s cut the Bills a break 😂 

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

And the funny part is the Texans get the Browns first pick this year too. 

And we'll never know the answer but if Lovie Smith doesn't go for two last year and beat the Colts do the Texans take Bryce Young and this year never happens? Razor thin margins in NFL.