2023 NFL Discussion

rico

15 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

I am a lifelong Bears fan. And I still can't help but root for the Lions in these playoffs.

I loved Barry Sanders as a player.  I always felt sorry for Matt Stafford when he was in Detroit. But, Dan Campbell has taken it to a new level with me  Bengals are my team, but Lions are a clear #2.  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I have not seen any reports on the viewership numbers of last night’s game. I pray that Peacock bombed. 

I have not evaluated the negotiations between NBC and the NFL, but I hope that the streaming only option for playoff games is a one off.

23 million viewers.  Most streamed event in history.  The streaming wave is coming.    

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Feel bad for Stafford… but Go Lions!

I think the outcome turned out as good as it could have possibly been.   Both the Lions and Stafford deserved the win.  But Stafford already has his Super Bowl, and because of that, this game was more important to the Lions. 

Stafford had a great game in his homecoming.  The Lions won.  Perfect script in my opinion.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bluegrassIU said:

I am a lifelong Bears fan. And I still can't help but root for the Lions in these playoffs.

Same. Was just having breakfast with a couple other Bears brethren and we all said the same thing. Even with our momentum trending in the right direction we need WR's badly. Look at the Packers. Youngest team in league and they managed to find 3-4 really good ones. Look at the Lions...St. Brown, Reynolds, Jameson Williams, LaPorta,etc....shoot Donovan Peoples Jones is Detroit's 5th and he'd be our #2! Haha.

We are neck and neck with Vikings in our own division right now that's why I hope we cover all the options with our #1 but it's clear we need help on the outside.

Like you and others have said. Detroit is an easy team to cheer for and I full expect them to beat whoever they play (Eagles or Bucs) next weekend.

Regarding Peacock. I guess I don't get all the fuss. I know it's not ideal and maybe people have to change things up a bit but for $5.99/month or $1.99/month on Black Friday you get the IU games (including Tuesday), obviously the NFL games and for those that like Indy Car you'll get races down the road.

To me it's the best value going for streaming. 

27 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Regarding Peacock. I guess I don't get all the fuss. I know it's not ideal and maybe people have to change things up a bit but for $5.99/month or $1.99/month on Black Friday you get the IU games (including Tuesday), obviously the NFL games and for those that like Indy Car you'll get races down the road.

To me it's the best value going for streaming. 

It’s just another way for the NFL and the Big Ten to get more money from people and I refuse to give it to them.  The NFL did this with Amazon on Thursday also.  The Big Ten is doing it with games on Big Ten +.  I’m just not going to play that game.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

It’s just another way for the NFL and the Big Ten to get more money from people and I refuse to give it to them.  The NFL did this with Amazon on Thursday also.  The Big Ten is doing it with games on Big Ten +.  I’m just not going to play that game.

I don't disagree with what you are saying, but here is the challenge that people who refuse to pay will have going forward.  Today's generation is growing up with streaming as their primary source of television entertainment.  This is what they know and they will drop money for that instead of going to the movies, eating out, or even attending the event live.  In 10-15 years, there will be very little sports on 'free' tv.

The streaming we have in my house is not because of me.  It's the work of my 17 year old daughter convincing my wife of the advantages. I resisted at the beginning, and even cancelled Netflix for a while I few years ago.  Now, I've generally accepted it.  I watch very little TV, and what I do is almost exclusively sports.  Having the subscriptions comes in handy for situations like this when the event is not otherwise available.     

Edited by 5fouls