2023 NFL Discussion

rico

On 1/16/2024 at 9:38 AM, BGleas said:

Could you imagine Belichick's head exploding every time Jerry Jones ran his mouth to the media?

Jones literally meets with the media after every game like he's a coach. 

There is no way Belichick would deal with that. 

I think it could work. Belichick  hates dealing with media…he’d probably let Jerry do all the interviews…I mean Parcells and Jerry worked for like 3-4 years…that’s all Belichick has in him anyways. I can only imagine what Bill would do with that defense….and Parsons….itd be like LT all over again….maybe 30 sacks.

Bears in talks with Klif Kingsbury for OC…he is said to be the preferred candidate for Caleb Williams. All signs pointing to Bears taking qb with #1 pick.

I could see Kingsbury back at head coach by 2025 and replace Eberflus.

If Bears pull off the double and take Williams and trade Fields and get capital to move up and get Harrison….i may finally have to start watching Bears games again. Half mt family Bears fans but they haven’t forgiven me for 06.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, dgambill said:

Bears in talks with Klif Kingsbury for OC…he is said to be the preferred candidate for Caleb Williams. All signs pointing to Bears taking qb with #1 pick.

If Bears pull off the double and take Williams and trade Fields and get capital to move up and get Harrison….i may finally have to start watching Bears games again. Half mt family Bears fans but they haven’t forgiven me for 06.

2006 was one instance when Bears lost the big game but I wasn’t devastated because it was to the colts and I was legit happy for Peyton. 

I don’t see poles moving up to nab Harrison if bears draft Caleb. My guess would be they would take Odunze with their #9.

2 hours ago, FritzIam4IU said:

2006 was one instance when Bears lost the big game but I wasn’t devastated because it was to the colts and I was legit happy for Peyton. 

I don’t see poles moving up to nab Harrison if bears draft Caleb. My guess would be they would take Odunze with their #9.

Don't forget about Malik Nabers.

15 hours ago, dgambill said:

Or maybe Kingsbury is just the best OC candidate out there and it has nothing to do with Williams.  That is possible.

12 hours ago, FritzIam4IU said:

They could…but don’t you think it’s time to be bold and get your qb/wr combo locked up for the future. Bears have struggled with both positions. You have two generational talents there for the taking. I’d be aggressive. They have xtra ammo from last years trade plus should have picks from trading Fields. They have tons of money for free agency but WRs of Harrison’s talent never get to free agency. Houston was bold last year and look how that paid off. There are only a few can’t miss prospects in each draft. Just eliminate the risk and move up and get your man.

11 hours ago, dgambill said:

They could…but don’t you think it’s time to be bold and get your qb/wr combo locked up for the future. Bears have struggled with both positions. You have two generational talents there for the taking. I’d be aggressive. They have xtra ammo from last years trade plus should have picks from trading Fields. They have tons of money for free agency but WRs of Harrison’s talent never get to free agency. Houston was bold last year and look how that paid off. There are only a few can’t miss prospects in each draft. Just eliminate the risk and move up and get your man.

I would not be opposed to them moving up and taking them both at all. However, I just don't think that is Poles way of thinking. I would also prefer Nabers over Odunze, but I doubt he will move up for him either....just my opinion based on how Poles drafts. He did move up for mid round picks though, so we'll see. There are so many ways this could play out for Chicago it really is interesting, and I don't think there is necessarily a right way to do it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Just revisiting this now after the season.

@BGleas  still have a problem with Nick at 9? I actually was wondering how you felt given how the season ended up…if you want him back or someone else like Vrabel or Belichick.

What’s all the Vrabel love about? Winning % regular season of 55%. 2-3 in the playoffs and never made it to the Super Bowl. Coached in a division that was mediocre at best for the majority of his tenure.

12 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

At least he stayed healthy to play the entire season v the guy that the Colts drafted who could only finish one game 

True, but I was getting tired of the media raving about him and Love.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

What’s all the Vrabel love about? Winning % regular season of 55%. 2-3 in the playoffs and never made it to the Super Bowl. Coached in a division that was mediocre at best for the majority of his tenure.

Because the Titans are absolute ass, got rid of two of their best players because they're cheap, and he was 42-24 before the last two years? 

I thought the Titans played damn well this year. 

He won games with Ryan Tannehill lol 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, btownqb said:

That injury was deep for you.  

Nope.

Just hate that the Colts had a wasted year from the 4th overall pick due to his inability to make good decisions to keep him in games.

Meanwhile the other two rookie quarterbacks in the division got significantly more experience on the field and are way ahead of where AR is.

8 hours ago, btownqb said:

Because the Titans are absolute ass, got rid of two of their best players because they're cheap, and he was 42-24 before the last two years? 

I thought the Titans played damn well this year. 

He won games with Ryan Tannehill lol 

He won in a crappy division. He won 2 playoff games in the same season which means the other 3 years he was one and done in the playoffs. 
He could not win having Henry, Hopkins and Brown on the same team. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

He won in a crappy division. He won 2 playoff games in the same season which means the other 3 years he was one and done in the playoffs. 
He could not win having Henry, Hopkins and Brown on the same team. 

He didn't have Hopkins and Brown on the same team.