2023 NFL Discussion

rico

17 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Not really. The Eagles have been fading for weeks. I think at this point, the expectations are lower. 

Plus, the Cowboys are "America's Team" and literally dominate the sports news regardless of whether they deserve it or not. 

I’ve seen speculation about problems in the locker room…and AJ Brown deleting Eagles stuff from his social media??   Something seems obviously wrong.  But you’re much more in tune than I am…says the old guy who knows zippo.   😂😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jv1972iu said:

I’ve seen speculation about problems in the locker room…and AJ Brown deleting Eagles stuff from his social media??   Something seems obviously wrong.  But you’re much more in tune than I am…says the old guy who knows zippo.   😂😂

I don’t really know much more. I heard about the Brown/social media stuff.  Brown being upset seems kind of ridiculous to me. He's had two monster seasons in Philly and I thought he and Hurts were super tight/good friends, even before he came to Philly. 

33 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Not really. The Eagles have been fading for weeks. I think at this point, the expectations are lower. 

Plus, the Cowboys are "America's Team" and literally dominate the sports news regardless of whether they deserve it or not. 

You can tell yourself that but the expectations for the Eagles at the beginning of the year were just as high as they were for the Cowboys. I would suggest that if they lose tonight they would be an even bigger disappointment than the Cowboys who won the division and 12 games 

1 minute ago, Steubenhoosier said:

You can tell yourself that but the expectations for the Eagles at the beginning of the year were just as high as they were for the Cowboys. I would suggest that if they lose tonight they would be an even bigger disappointment than the Cowboys who won the division and 12 games 

Literally not a single analyst on the pregame show picked the Eagles. Things have changed immensely since the start of the season, as they tend to do in football. 

The Cowboys were expected to advance to the NFC Title Game at minimum. The Eagles aren't even expected to win their first round game. 

48 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Weird season for sure. I remember the Eagles coach with some words for Chiefs fans after they won there. Seems like since that time it's been the Titanic. Football happens that way I guess. Injuries and schedules and other stuff.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Weird season for sure. I remember the Eagles coach with some words for Chiefs fans after they won there. Seems like since that time it's been the Titanic. Football happens that way I guess. Injuries and schedules and other stuff.

The Eagles schedule was brutal. Not just who they played but when they played them. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I can't recall ever seeing a defense go from good to horrendously bad in the middle of a season. 

There's been receivers running completely wide open on nearly every possession for weeks and weeks. 

Whatever happened…Matt Patricia isn’t the answer. That was a mistake making him defensive coordinator in my opinion

• Like 1

Just now, FritzIam4IU said:

Whatever happened…Matt Patricia isn’t the answer. That was a mistake making him defensive coordinator in my opinion

Yeah, Desai was horrible, but the change was weird and probably played a part in breaking the locker room. 

• Like 1

Did Mel Kiper start smoking crack? I don't see anybody giving up a top 10 draft pick for Fields. I think if Bears trade him, they can get a second round pick...MAYBE a low end first if a team like Pittsburgh gets desperate.

Edited by FritzIam4IU

27 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Did Mel Kiper start smoking crack? I don't see anybody giving up a top 10 draft pick for Fields. I think if Bears trade him, they can get a second round pick...MAYBE a low end first if a team like Pittsburgh gets desperate.

click bait