2023 NFL Discussion

rico

5 minutes ago, rico said:

Well the Bears better pull out a new playbook because the Bucs are gonna score some points.

I'll know more about the Bears after this week. The Bucs don't have the Colts defense and the Bears D did a fine job yesterday. Holding any NFL team under 300 yards and under 20 usually translates to wins. 

Like I said....I'll know more about Bears after this week but I don't think we'll face a defense like the Colts the rest of the year.

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'll know more about the Bears after this week. The Bucs don't have the Colts defense and the Bears D did a fine job yesterday. Holding any NFL team under 300 yards and under 20 usually translates to wins. 

Like I said....I'll know more about Bears after this week but I don't think we'll face a defense like the Colts the rest of the year.

I was concerned Fole's 2nd half last week was fool's gold. Many times when teams make a spontaneous QB change in the middle of the game the opposing defense isn't prepared for it and the QB looks amazing. It reminds me of the time when Kaepernick came into the game when the Bears were playing them....he absolutely destroyed them that 2nd half and looked like the second coming. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Yes, the Bears defense played fine yesterday, but you may be overstating it a bit. The Colts controlled field position and possession from the start (and led every minute of the game after the first possession and led by two scores almost the entire second half). That certainly impact the Colts play calling; the Colts kicked four field goals and they were all short/relatively short. The Bears just as easily could have given up 27 points and gotten blown out yesterday. 

I think the Colts defense is really good, but I'm not convinced it's some generational defense that is better than any defense you'll face all year; I just don't think the Bears are very good and they've benefited from an incredibly light schedule thus far. The Bears played three of their easiest five games in the first three weeks of the season IMO; I can see the wheels falling off pretty quickly over the next 5 weeks. 

Edited by KoB2011
A word
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Not a Bears fan so my sample size is small but I am not sold on Nagy and the offense. 

PS Rico go to the Trivia thread and answer the question before I give the hint

I have been watching the Bears...love to see those swing passes into the flats.

We've been lucky enough as IU fans to be raised or watch one of the greatest coaches of all time. I hope it helps all of us appreciate it when we see it.

I'll say this about Belichick. To be down only 6-3 at half with what KC has on the field relative to what BB has?? Phenomenal coaching by Patriots. Coaching, culture, strategy....and I detest most things Boston. 

Edited by Seeking6
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Probably. I only participate in about 7-8 threads on the board. I see you guys having all sorts of fun in some of these other threads and made the decision to let you guys keep doing that. 

I was not being serious.  Dakich would enjoy someone posting that about him though.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I was not being serious.  Dakich would enjoy someone posting that about him though.  

Sorry! I was just joking around! Is Dakich back on the board looking for material again? He's floated around a few places over the years....figure his dumb a-- would eventually show up here.

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Saints might be evacuating New Orleans and NFL has spoken with Indy to host MNF game between Chargers and Saints. 

Glad to hear they are advance planning.  My fantasy team needs Michael Thomas, even more so this week with Golladay on a bye week.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Glad to hear they are advance planning.  My fantasy team needs Michael Thomas, even more so this week with Golladay on a bye week.

You and me both. I feel like Good Will Hunting at the chalkboard trying to plan for these contingencies. On top of Melvin Gordon being one of my RB's (game is in jeopardy) I also have Ronald Jones in another league....and even if Fournette is out I'm not keen on starting him vs Bears rush defense. I'm honestly looking at going Latavius Murray, Chase Edmonds in a couple leagues this week because of matchups and games potentially being postponed.

45 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

You and me both. I feel like Good Will Hunting at the chalkboard trying to plan for these contingencies. On top of Melvin Gordon being one of my RB's (game is in jeopardy) I also have Ronald Jones in another league....and even if Fournette is out I'm not keen on starting him vs Bears rush defense. I'm honestly looking at going Latavius Murray, Chase Edmonds in a couple leagues this week because of matchups and games potentially being postponed.

I picked up both L Bell and Johnson on waivers, and have to wait to see who is playing and what games may be postponed. Right now, I will have Carson at one RB position and will have to choose between the above two, Fournette and Miles Gaskins, as Chubb is hurt. Not liking the Bucs matchup either, and doesn't help that Fournette is a game time decision.

On top of all that, my QB is Josh Allen, and I also have Diggs. If the Bills-Titans game is postponed, my other qb-Stafford, is on bye and I'll have to shop the waiver wires. At first glance, my best options are Carr and Herbert. Not particularly thrilled with either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Just think, the Saints may get a Monday Night primetime football game in good ole Lucas Oil Stadium before the home team ala Colts.  

Are you talking this year, or ever?  I would be shocked if the Colts have never played at home on Monday Night since they have been at Lucas Oil.