Beilein, Stevens, Beard

2 minutes ago, BEKA said:

This...is not very good, is it? 

A lot of people on here don’t seem to be bothered by it.. I think it’s total BS and an absolute joke. I’m not ready to sit around another year and be mediocre all over again. I’m tired of it. I’m tired of this administration and people who are in charge. My God I wish we ran our school how Purdue does.. they invest more in their programs, and look how it’s gone for them. I know they’re not good this year but damn they’ve been pretty solid over the last 5 years. 

That Michigan game yesterday was an absolute embarrassment.. that was game 25 of this year in Archie’s third season.. he is so unfit for this program it makes me sick. Why in the hell should we wait another year?! It’s going to be the same crap all over again. Calling it now. 

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

the only fan base worse than us is UK and we all know why kids still go there.  I would say that the schools we are going up against is not even close to our fan base when it comes to scrutiny.  I think it is a problem every where but it is worse here.  I have seen two big ten coaches complain about fans already this year about how they treat the players after losses.  My question to you is that why as fans do we need to go to social media and rip 18-22 year old kids who are playing a game.  Just because they don't meet the expectations of some old guys on message board.  Maybe if we tried to be different from the other schools we might be able to land better recruits.

Scott, I love you Bro, but you are way off on the fan base thingy there.

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Of course they do but if they choose not to go to IU because of our fans then they will miss our passionate fans that get behind them like no other when they play hard. One of the things they learn is you cant fool the fans of Indiana.  If they choose elsewhere because of our fandom then good riddance 

to me this is the kind of thinking that is hurting IU.  It is up to the kids to change and get with the program and the fans does not need to do anything differently.  Watching a game yesterday and the announcers talked about how coaches are telling them how kids today just have to be treated differently than 20 years ago.

52 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

What qualifications does he have on his resume to make you think he would be a good fit here besides playing for iU

Qualifications..are we talking about Qualifications...what qualifications does Archie have..what about Crean,Davis..hell what kind of qualifications did RMK have when he came from West Point...hiring a Coach is just like drafting a player,it’s on potential...unless your going to hire a sure fire can’t miss coach..but more then likely they are not going to leave from where their at....Fife has the bloodlines,the experience ,the background so why not draft him..flip a coin

2 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

A lot of people on here don’t seem to be bothered by it.. I think it’s total BS and an absolute joke. I’m not ready to sit around another year and be mediocre all over again. I’m tired of it. I’m tired of this administration and people who are in charge. My God I wish we ran our school how Purdue does.. they invest more in their programs, and look how it’s gone for them. I know they’re not good this year but damn they’ve been pretty solid over the last 5 years. 

That Michigan game yesterday was an absolute embarrassment.. that was game 25 of this year in Archie’s third season.. he is so unfit for this program it makes me sick. Why in the hell should we wait another year?! It’s going to be the same crap all over again. Calling it now. 

so what are you going to do about it besides complain on a message board.

39 minutes ago, JugRox said:

How about the fans stop being too harsh?

Simple solution to a simple problem.

And if you don't think the IU fan base plays a part in recruiting, both good and bad, then I don't know what to tell ya....

Of course they do it comes with the territory.  Most of us shot hoops at home and hit the game winning shot in Assembly Hall and could visualize the place going crazy. Why because of the passion of.our fan base. If you allow fans to dictate where you go to school because they can spot laziness and no heart and no effort then go to UK where they love ALL their guys

1 minute ago, HoosierJax said:

Qualifications..are we talking about Qualifications...what qualifications does Archie have..what about Crean,Davis..hell what kind of qualifications did RMK have when he came from West Point...hiring a Coach is just like drafting a player,it’s on potential...unless your going to hire a sure fire can’t miss coach..but more then likely they are not going to leave from where their at....Fife has the bloodlines,the experience ,the background so why not draft him..flip a coin

Well those guys had HC coaching experience and one went to a final four and another went to the elite 8.  Question if Fife did not play at Iu would you even know who he was and want him to be the coach here.

23 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

to me this is the kind of thinking that is hurting IU.  It is up to the kids to change and get with the program and the fans does not need to do anything differently.  Watching a game yesterday and the announcers talked about how coaches are telling them how kids today just have to be treated differently than 20 years ago.

This coming from the guy that wants the peach basket back and the chuck Taylor's. This is comedic gold right here

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Of course they do it comes with the territory.  Most of us shot hoops at home and hit the game winning shot in Assembly Hall and could visualize the place going crazy. Why because of the passion of.our fan base. If you allow fans to dictate where you go to school because they can spot laziness and no heart and no effort then go to UK where they love ALL their guys

We can go ahead and keep doing the same things we have always have but how is that working out for us.  Maybe it is time for us to change with the times which I have a hard time with but something different my be what is needed.

so what are you going to do about it besides complain on a message board.

I don’t know what else am I supposed to do it about it man? I’m a college student with no money, so I have no leverage over what a bunch of 50-70 year old people who run the University and don’t give a rats ass about the program are going to do. It takes a large group of alumni who love Indiana and want to see our program succeed. Those are the guys who need to step up and start voicing their opinions publicly. But as far as “complaining on the board” isn’t that what everyone else does on here? 

That is you right to disagree but I think I am right about this.

Nah, not even close to being right.  Fans of schools with deep traditions all "eat their own."  What happens here is mild to what I have seen on several different sites through the years.

Just now, Jackson Kellogs said:

I don’t know what else am I supposed to do it about it man? I’m a college student with no money, so I have no leverage over what a bunch of 50-70 year old people who run the University and don’t give a rats ass about the program are going to do. It takes a large group of alumni who love Indiana and want to see our program succeed. Those are the guys who need to step up and start voicing their opinions publicly. But as far as “complaining on the board” isn’t that what everyone else does on here? 

That can happen but why not try to get everyone together and actually support the team through the good and the bad times.

1 minute ago, rico said:

Nah, not even close to being right.  Fans of schools with deep traditions all "eat their own."  What happens here is mild to what I have seen on several different sites through the years.

So you don't believe anything in that article where the recruits are saying exactly what I have been saying.  I am not saying we are the only problem but we do play a part of it and why not try to change how we been doing things as a fan base.

21 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well I don't like change but what we have been doing as a fan base the last 0 years have not helped any.

Because the fans have hired the coaches right? The fans landed Romeo and TJD right? The fans can't guard a simple pick and roll right? The fans go 1-19 from 3 right? How many of these things do we need to change let me know I could write the list all night

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

That can happen but why not try to get everyone together and actually support the team through the good and the bad times.

I do support the team. I’ve gone to every single game this year. My criticism comes out of love for the program. People can take it how they want to, but I know for a fact how much I love this basketball program and how much I want it to succeed. I get pissed for a reason. It’s because I care. 

23 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I will have a fan pep rally we will sing kumbaya roast marshmallow handout participation trophies to the team, give awards for their effort and build a statue for CAM and his great work. We could get Stuart Smalkey to be the motivational speaker.  I'm in who else?

So you don't believe anything in that article where the recruits are saying exactly what I have been saying.  I am not saying we are the only problem but we do play a part of it and why not try to change how we been doing things as a fan base.

You can't lead a horse to water.  Everyone has their beliefs...right or wrong here, it is just opinions.  Just keep on keeping on.  But if you want some really good reading visit the USC and Notre Dame football boards.  The UNC basketball boards are on fire right now as are the Texas ones.  Passionate fans don't like losing.

9 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Because the fans have hired the coaches right? The fans landed Romeo and TJD right? The fans can't guard a simple pick and roll right? The fans go 1-19 from 3 right? How many of these things do we need to change let me know I could write the list all night

My last thing on this topic.  The last 25 years we have changed coach many times, we have change Ad's many times and have had a few presidents in that time frame.  Everyone blames these people for our current stat of the program but to me this shows you that the coaches, The AD's and the administrators are not totally at fault for everything.

11 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

I do support the team. I’ve gone to every single game this year. My criticism comes out of love for the program. People can take it how they want to, but I know for a fact how much I love this basketball program and how much I want it to succeed. I get pissed for a reason. It’s because I care. 

We all love the program or we would not be on this board.  I have been passionate for IU basketball since birth which is 1970 and lived and died with every outcome for years.  I just don't think negativity at this time is going to help anything and why not try something different.

12 minutes ago, jojo123 said:

Because we don't want to support a loser. Who want to support losers? Who wants to support shat? oh you do. 

Well if you can't support during the bad times you don't serve to be there when they start winning.  I hate losing as much as anyone and was terrible 25 years ago but have grown up over the years realizing that an outcome of a game is not enough to get crazy over.  I have supported IU sports for over 45+ years so don't tell me what I support or don't.

12 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I will have a fan pep rally we will sing kumbaya roast marshmallow handout participation trophies to the team, give awards for their effort and build a statue for CAM and his great work. We could get Stuart Smalkey to be the motivational speaker.  I'm in who else?

Just tell me how all of the negativity has worked the last 25 years because it seems like it hasn't worked one bit.

Well if you can't support during the bad times you don't serve to be there when they start winning.  I hate losing as much as anyone and was terrible 25 years ago but have grown up over the years realizing that an outcome of a game is not enough to get crazy over.  I have supported IU sports for over 45+ years so don't tell me what I support or don't.

I think everyone would be fine supporting "bad times" if the players showed desire during a game... For example, I think most fans happily supported Crean's first year. We weren't talented, but the guys on the floor busted their butt.

This team has proven they've got the talent to win, but they'd rather not exert the effort to do so on a consistent basis.

Archived