Beilein, Stevens, Beard

The timing isn’t good for JB in Bloomington... what might’ve been back in 2006? We’ll never know. 

Timing is the primary issue with any potential hire. I still feel like Archie gets another full season, so we might as well pump the breaks on that. 

However, going into next season, you’ll likely see multiple media outlets reporting this upcoming season is a crucial year in Archie’s tenure. You can take that to the bank. Also, as someone previously stated... lots of other fan bases and media pundits(while laughing), also are likely questioning how long we’ll put up with the current product. That’s the hot seat. It doesn’t mean that change is coming right away, but rather eminent, without drastic change. 

I’d say we’ll have a very good idea what Archie’s future holds about a year from now. At that point, we’ll have a good idea where we stand with the 2021 class. Not to mention the 20-21 season will be getting ready to wrap up. 

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I told you it came from Ryan Phillips of the Assembly Call who now works for the Athletic.  He said on the show more than once what our reputation is on the national level and that is we are crazy with unrealistic expectations.

So an IU journalism grad said it???   How many schools does he follow to make that assumption?   

Go Hoosiers!!!

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I told you it came from Ryan Phillips of the Assembly Call who now works for the Athletic.  He said on the show more than once what our reputation is on the national level and that is we are crazy with unrealistic expectations.

Ryan Philips does not work for The Athletic

5 hours ago, JugRox said:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLO......

Unless he’s donating the money for the buy out.

National guys who have no clue. This time I will get it right.... Coach Miller's contract says that IU will owe him 100% of his remaining contract if they fire him before 2022.  Fans, boosters, and others may not be happy with the current results. However, money talks, and BS....walks.  No way IU, and their major boosters, unlike with what happened with Sampson, are going to step up to THAT pump.

10 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

Well apparently I’m a double fool since I’ve been in public education for almost 25 years. IMHO, it depends where you send your kids. Not everyone gets the same results. This is the 3rd school system in Indiana that I have worked for ( a 1A, 3A and now 4A) and all three have their pluses and minuses. Public education is all I know and have never been more proud    to teach kids and try to make a difference. 

I by no means was saying our public education in Indiana is bad. It was for comparison stakes only. All 3 of my kids went to public school and I spent 16 years in the classroom.  

Please dont take offense,  for what it is worth your school system is the best in our area IMO. I appreciate all the efforts of our educators,  please do not take any offense

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

I by no means was saying our public education in Indiana is bad. It was for comparison stakes only. All 3 of my kids went to public school and I spent 16 years in the classroom.  

Please dont take offense,  for what it is worth your school system is the best in our area IMO. I appreciate all the efforts of our educators,  please do not take any offense

Thanks S...

7 hours ago, milehiiu said:

National guys who have no clue. This time I will get it right.... Coach Miller's contract says that IU will owe him 100% of his remaining contract if they fire him before 2022.  Fans, boosters, and others may not be happy with the current results. However, money talks, and BS....walks.  No way IU, and their major boosters, unlike with what happened with Sampson, are going to step up to THAT pump.

You should take a look at that contract a little closer ie Section H Mitigation of University’s Obligations. 
The amount owed to the coach is offset by future earnings. Crean was paid very little if anything at all of his $4M owed. Buyouts are not a problem.

The show cause penalty with Sampson created a unique situation. The terminated coach is required to find employment in the industry and that pay is deducted from the buyout.

38 minutes ago, CrimsonV said:

You should take a look at that contract a little closer ie Section H Mitigation of University’s Obligations. 
The amount owed to the coach is offset by future earnings. Crean was paid very little if anything at all of his $4M owed. Buyouts are not a problem.

The show cause penalty with Sampson created a unique situation. The terminated coach is required to find employment in the industry and that pay is deducted from the buyout.

True to an extent in Miller's case.  If I am reading the contract correctly.  The mitigation applies only to athletic activities after being terminated by IU.  Hard to conceive that Archie would not be involved in athletics of some type. But it has happened in the past with other coaches.

4 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

True to an extent in Miller's case.  If I am reading the contract correctly.  The mitigation applies only to athletic activities after being terminated by IU.  Hard to conceive that Archie would not be involved in athletics of some type. But it has happened in the past with other coaches.

He could choose to not seek employment in the industry. He just wouldn’t be paid a dime.

15 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Well I believe what I hear from the national media so yes I think we are worse than any other fan base besides UK.  I also believe this is one of the reasons we did not get Brooks as well as well as the  promise of the NBA.

ZERO ABSOLUTELY ZERO to do with why we did not get Brooks. You just said UK is only school as bad as our fans so the negates that thought process 

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

He is saying that is what a lot of people say that is in the national media that he knows but I am just letting it go

So, you really don't have anything other than one person saying something at some point in time about our fan base. Good to know. Here's something for you to read that was from last week. Keep in mind, this is a team that is currently in first place in the conference, and projected as a #2 seed.

Scott Van Pelt on Maryland fans

29 minutes ago, AxnJxn said:

So, you really don't have anything other than one person saying something at some point in time about our fan base. Good to know. Here's something for you to read that was from last week. Keep in mind, this is a team that is currently in first place in the conference, and projected as a #2 seed.

I hate to inform you but you have to be wrong. This only happens at Indiana and our crazy out of control impossible fans.😉

17 minutes ago, AxnJxn said:

I love that he did that because it shows how stupid fans can be.  Like I said I know all schools have their idiots but I just think ours goes beyond most programs.

7 hours ago, Indykev said:

JB is 67 years old...won 2 Big Tens in 12 years....We ran Crean out of town for less.

•Made the NCAA tournament 9 times. 
•B1G Regular season champs 2 times. 
•B1G Tournament Champs 2 times. 
•2 Final Fours
•2 National Championship appearances

But hey I guess Crean did more than that lol. How many National Championship games has IU been to since 2002 again? 

18 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I love that he did that because it shows how stupid fans can be.  Like I said I know all schools have their idiots but I just think ours goes beyond most programs.

Not really. You've just got that opinion because this is the program that you're closest to. 

6 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Not really. You've just got that opinion because this is the program that you're closest to. 

Might be right and even if other are as bad it does not mean we need to stoop to pother programs level.  I still stand by my thinking that our fans hurt our program when it comes to how we treat the players and coaches.  I have said many times that our fans is  one of the best things about IU basketball but it can be one of the worst parts as well.

25 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Might be right and even if other are as bad it does not mean we need to stoop to pother programs level.  I still stand by my thinking that our fans hurt our program when it comes to how we treat the players and coaches.  I have said many times that our fans is  one of the best things about IU basketball but it can be one of the worst parts as well.

Part of that I can agree with but Indiana is no worse than any other fan base mired in mediocrity or worse.  If we had never had success we might be happy to be 11th in the confrontation and 16-9 overall but we want and deserve better

Let me run a scenario by you guys to see if you would be content with this 10 year outcome from a coach.  What I am wanting to find out is if a coach has a great success but does not win a championship would you still want a new coach.

10 NCAA tournaments

6 Sweet 16's

2 Elite 8's

1 Final Four losing in the semi finals

2 Big Ten Championships

1 BTT Championship

Never finishing in the bottom half of the conference

Archived