Beilein, Stevens, Beard

12 minutes ago, rico said:

You can't lead a horse to water.  Everyone has their beliefs...right or wrong here, it is just opinions.  Just keep on keeping on.  But if you want some really good reading visit the USC and Notre Dame football boards.  The UNC basketball boards are on fire right now as are the Texas ones.  Passionate fans don't like losing.

Well both USC and ND seems to be having problems with not getting as good as a recruiting classes lately so you might be on to something because maybe their fans are causing it as well.  Actually the ND football fans and our fans a similar as they feel they are entitled to championships even though n one is entitled to anything.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well those guys had HC coaching experience and one went to a final four and another went to the elite 8.  Question if Fife did not play at Iu would you even know who he was and want him to be the coach here.

You answered your own question...potential...the best coach out of them all had never even been to the tournament. 

1 minute ago, ephul said:

I think everyone would be fine supporting "bad times" if the players showed desire during a game... For example, I think most fans happily supported Crean's first year. We weren't talented, but the guys on the floor busted their butt.

This team has proven they've got the talent to win, but they'd rather not exert the effort to do so on a consistent basis.

Well that is true and maybe if we would support the team better they would put out better effort.  Maybe we would get the recruits needed if we would be more supportive of the program.  This fan base can be the best thing for the program but can also be one of the worst things for it as well.

Guys if you it was 5 years ago I would be right there with you guys talking about how this fan base is great and the benefits that come form it.  I would be calling these kids soft and they should look elsewhere but it is time to look in the mirror and become part of the solution instead of being part of the problem.  I still think that the kids probably are to soft today but these are the generations we are recruiting now so we as fans have to realize that how we acted 20 years ago does not work today.

I'm as frustrated watching this team as anyone, but CAM's oldest recruits are Sophmores. Zero upperclassmen, which is where most college teams rely for floor leadership. Brunk is technically a Junior, but has less time in system than our Sophmores. If we're on the same boat when our current Sophmores are Seniors, then I might understand the pitch fork mentality. Not before. Go Hoosiers!

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well that is true and maybe if we would support the team better they would put out better effort.  Maybe we would get the recruits needed if we would be more supportive of the program.  This fan base can be the best thing for the program but can also be one of the worst things for it as well.

Blaming fans for the piss poor effort and the lack of accountability within the program is a cop out.

We have the best fans in the country. The IU program set the bar high with consistent and constant success years ago. We shouldn't have to lower our expectations because guys don't feel like exerting effort.

This isn't one our two games of embarrassment. This is two years of pathetic effort on the road, and flip a coin on the effort at home. Getting stomped by Purdue at home and playing like they did is inexcusable.

22 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well both USC and ND seems to be having problems with not getting as good as a recruiting classes lately so you might be on to something because maybe their fans are causing it as well.  Actually the ND football fans and our fans a similar as they feel they are entitled to championships even though n one is entitled to anything.

You moving the goal posts?

13 minutes ago, inarcher said:

I'm as frustrated watching this team as anyone, but CAM's oldest recruits are Sophmores. Zero upperclassmen, which is where most college teams rely for floor leadership. Brunk is technically a Junior, but has less time in system than our Sophmores. If we're on the same boat when our current Sophmores are Seniors, then I might understand the pitch fork mentality. Not before. Go Hoosiers!

Well said my friend...well said.  However, Smith and Durham no nothing but Archie...

2 minutes ago, ephul said:

Blaming fans for the piss poor effort and the lack of accountability within the program is a cop out.

We have the best fans in the country. The IU program set the bar high with consistent and constant success years ago. We shouldn't have to lower our expectations because guys don't feel like exerting effort.

This isn't one our two games of embarrassment. This is two years of pathetic effort on the road, and flip a coin on the effort at home. Getting stomped by Purdue at home and playing like they did is inexcusable.

What makes us the best fan base in the country?

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The response in FCTC's first few years. He was throwing anyone who could put a uniform on out on the court, and our fanbase supported them, big time, and the results for those teams were much worse than this one. The difference? They actually made an effort. IU fans will reward effort as much as if not more than results, and this current team doesn't seem to be successful in either, at least when it comes to playing on the road.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

We have the largest student section. We pack the house more times than not. Demand of tickets is high when we are winning. Our fanbase travels very well. I'm biased, of course.

I don't care who your a fan of, you're only going to put up with crap like this for so long. Another plus is the intelligence of our fanbase. We know what good basketball looks like. And we know what bad basketball looks like. And what we are seeing is very bad basketball. Both in effort and play.

3 minutes ago, ephul said:

We have the largest student section. We pack the house more times than not. Demand of tickets is high when we are winning. Our fanbase travels very well. I'm biased, of course.

I don't care who your a fan of, you're only going to put up with crap like this for so long. Another plus is the intelligence of our fanbase. We know what good basketball looks like. And we know what bad basketball looks like. And what we are seeing is very bad basketball. Both in effort and play.

Not saying you are not right but to act like we are the best sounds entitled to me and there are other fans bases just like you described.  I never said what we are seeing is not bad basketball but what does going to the message boards ripping the players personally help

8 minutes ago, ephul said:

IU fans do think very highly of themselves.... lol

Hey, I happen to be alive when Knight coach was on the sideline, I know more than Miller!!! 

FYI, not one other single fan base in the nation thinks IU fans are more "intelligent" than any other fan base. Quite the opposite. The words I often read when describing the IU fan base are "crazy" and "delusional" .... and apparently "clowns"

And even if it was true, it is never listed as a positive for anything.

15 minutes ago, JugRox said:

FYI, not one other single fan base in the nation thinks IU fans are more "intelligent" than any other fan base. Quite the opposite. The words I often read when describing the IU fan base are "crazy" and "delusional" .... and apparently "clowns"

And the sad thing is that we were called clowns today. By what should be one of our own.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Just tell me how all of the negativity has worked the last 25 years because it seems like it hasn't worked one bit.

I would guess it has not been all negative.  I know good basketball we dont play it and I am not going to apologize for calling out a coach that is paid to lead our team and this is what we get. I have never called out any player I have said we dont play hard or with heart or make bad decisions.  This is our team I support them fully as I do our coach but CAM is not above criticism and if a recruit is not coming to IU because we have passionate fans then so be it.

Archie is getting one more year after this year.  Am I sold?  No, but he's getting at least one more year.  I cannot believe that negative message boards are costing us recruits.  I really can't.  If we weren't coming out to the games and cheering the team on, then okay.  That could cost us recruits.  Reading negative comments on message boards?  I just can't accept that theory.  

I haven’t read this whole thread so this might have been covered. I also can’t seem to copy the video to include here that my buddy sent me. It was an ESPN talk show talking about Belien leaving Cleveland and the guy said something about “a guy named Archie Miller in Bloomington” thinking he was going to have his job next year. 

I’m not posting this to say I’m in favor of it as I believe he gets four years. I just thought it was interesting that a national guy made this connection. 

27 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

Archie is getting one more year after this year.  Am I sold?  No, but he's getting at least one more year.  I cannot believe that negative message boards are costing us recruits.  I really can't.  If we weren't coming out to the games and cheering the team on, then okay.  That could cost us recruits.  Reading negative comments on message boards?  I just can't accept that theory.  

You might be 100 % right and may know for sure but I am not going to bet the farm on that just yet

21 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I haven’t read this whole thread so this might have been covered. I also can’t seem to copy the video to include here that my buddy sent me. It was an ESPN talk show talking about Belien leaving Cleveland and the guy said something about “a guy named Archie Miller in Bloomington” thinking he was going to have his job next year. 

I’m not posting this to say I’m in favor of it as I believe he gets four years. I just thought it was interesting that a national guy made this connection. 

I just heard the same thing. 

38 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I would guess it has not been all negative.  I know good basketball we dont play it and I am not going to apologize for calling out a coach that is paid to lead our team and this is what we get. I have never called out any player I have said we dont play hard or with heart or make bad decisions.  This is our team I support them fully as I do our coach but CAM is not above criticism and if a recruit is not coming to IU because we have passionate fans then so be it.

When I am talking about the fan base I am not just talking about this board.  What we see here is pretty tame compared wat people say on Twitter and Facebook.

5 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

On ESPN I was just saying I heard it as well not from different source. My bad

No I appreciate the response I just wanted to make sure as I know you and a few others are dialed in with others more than the rest of us. Thank you 

Archived