B1G/ACC Challenge

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pomeroy has acknowledged in the past that his computer overvalues teams with a slow tempo, and I think he tweaked his algorithm to minimize that, but it seems to still do so.  Wisconsin was ranked 31st before that awful loss, and remained there after, apparently because both teams play with a slow tempo.  Virginia is somehow rated third in the nation per Pomeroy.

ACC 2 Wins --B10 N0 wins [so far ] I am afraid it ain't gonna be good for the B10 this season versus the LOADED ACC ! They still have 7 unbeaten teams , which is MORE than any other conference !! The B10 only has 3 !! The B12 with 4 unbeatens is the closest to the ACC in regards to unbeatens !! The Wisconsin Badgers are now DEAD LAST in the current B10 Standings with a record of 3 Wins and FOUR losses  aaaaaaaand an RPI RANKING of 123 !! This is gonna be a tough year for Wisconsin fans , imho ! This Wisconsin team is just not as EXPERIENCED GOOD as Badger teams have been in the past !! This current Badger team is good  ,  BUT LACKING IN VETERAN EXPERIENCED LEADERSHIP , imho !

8 minutes ago, Hoosrnight said:

Tom Crean is announcing the N’westen/GTech game. He seems like a natural so far. He’s almost as good as Walton! Lol

Loved his opening.  Words to the effect of "This is the longest I have ever stood still....and the game hasn't even started.

Already,  I will take him any day and twice on Sunday as a color man over Dak. 

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

Loved his opening.  Words to the effect of "This is the longest I have ever stood still....and the game hasn't even started.

Already,  I will take him any day and twice on Sunday as a color man over Dak. 

Yea, I thought that was funny as hell and so true! I’ll take him over most of the announcers. Despite his flaws coaching, he knows the game and he’s not a damn blow hard!

1 minute ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

GT up on NW 22-17 with about 3:40 to go in the 1st. NW already has 2 losses (like IU), one of them being a 85-49  home L to TTU. NW still considered a likely top 4 team in conf?

Nope! Feel good about our chances of finishing above them. Wish I could say that would be top 4....

Archived