TV show binging - making and asking for recommendations

1 hour ago, DWB said:

Binge watched the entire first season of Reacher last night. (8 episodes)

It was TERRIFFIC. Character that plays Reacher is just how you would imagine him from the books.

Strongly recommend. It's on Amazon Prime.

I watched the first 3 last night and agree they did a good job staying true to the character. Really liked it. The actor playing Reacher is only 6'2 so they use a lot of shorter people. 

Already planning on coughing up some $ for season 2 next year. 

24 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I watched the first 3 last night and agree they did a good job staying true to the character. Really liked it. The actor playing Reacher is only 6'2 so they use a lot of shorter people. 

Already planning on coughing up some $ for season 2 next year. 

At least they said he was 6’5” in the script. He definitely looks pretty big on screen. 

1 hour ago, tdhoosier said:

At least they said he was 6’5” in the script. He definitely looks pretty big on screen. 

I have no complaints. He is big but I think it is more the muscles and surrounding him with shorter people. 

It will be interesting to see if the series take off and catapult his career

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Knee replacement surgery tomorrow 

I remember sitting with an older friend at an event where two different churches got together to accomplish something special. I hadn’t seen him in quite awhile, he told me about his knee replacements, said he wished he had done it sooner!

Praying yours goes as well as his!

1 hour ago, Reacher said:

Good luck!

1 hour ago, Drroogh said:

I remember sitting with an older friend at an event where two different churches got together to accomplish something special. I hadn’t seen him in quite awhile, he told me about his knee replacements, said he wished he had done it sooner!

Praying yours goes as well as his!

Thanks to you both 

On 2/5/2022 at 9:49 AM, Reacher said:

I have no complaints. He is big but I think it is more the muscles and surrounding him with shorter people. 

It will be interesting to see if the series take off and catapult his career

2 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I also think they use a platform for him to stand on when it's not a full body shot. Camera angles in 2D can make things look bigger/smaller than they actually are.

13 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

In my somewhat recent boredom, I've been reliving the glory years.

OMG, I didn't realize (originally) how much of a sexual tension there was between Skully and Mulder.

I'm not saying that I have a thing for redheads, but I have a thing for red heads.   

Stay away from my granddaughter, not to mention my nieces!

There is a TV show called This Is Us. I recommend watching it. 

This scene hits really hard for me. At one time me and my mom were as poor as it gets. But I never went hungry.  My favorite meal was hot dogs and spaghhtios. 

I still have my mom but she's dealing with early onset dementia.  It's still my mom but not the same.  

Edited by mrflynn03

2 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

There is a TV show called This Is Us. I recommend watching it. 

This scene hits really hard for me. At one time me and my mom were as poor as it gets. But I never went hungry.  My favorite meal was hot dogs and spaghhtios. 

I still have my mom but she's dealing with early onset dementia.  It's still my mom but not the same.  

Remember playing my mom in double solitaire, she told my sister he's a nice man like she didn't know me.

Praying for you brother!

• Sad 1

Re-watching Peaky Blinders for the 2nd time. Absolutely fantastic. I'm glad I put subtitles on this time lol 

Loved Part 1 of Ozark. Yellowstone season 4 was good. Ready for Peaky Season 5, Jack Ryan Season 3, and the last part of Ozark. My wife said the "Mayor of Kingstown" was really good, but only one season out for now. 

LOVED the Manhunter series. I watched the first two, they are about the ATL Olympic bomber and the Unabomber. Not documentaries, but reenactments of real events and dramatized. What is that genre called? lol Just like the OJ Simpson series/the other that FX has made? 

What else..... F is for Family is really good, imo. 

She also watched the Dr. Death, again just one season for now. 

I very much enjoyed both Narcos series, as well. Narcos and Narcos Mexico. 

Evil Genius is a mini series I watched about a bank robbery gone CRAZY. Pretty good 4 part series.