Coach Archie Miller

On 11/30/2017 at 12:38 PM, ephul said:

Cyber said it best. The talent gap was much greater than the final score showed, which is excellent. We were in a game that we had no business being in.

We are a horrible shooting team with no true point guard, and had our best big missing the first half.... and we were leading with almost 5 minutes to go.

Thrilled with Archie. The next few games are going to be interesting... but once Archie gets some talent in here, look out.

And our best 3 shooters are seniors. Green and Al are our outside shooters next year. wow. We need help there.

18 hours ago, 5fouls said:

We shot 51% from the field.  If that constitutes 'horrible' shooting, then I can't wait until we shoot 'good'.  :coffee:

Yeah, because we made a lot of lay ups.  Don't get me wrong---this is a good thing.  But we have nobody who can shoot consistently from the outside.  Against Duke, Johnson missed far too many open threes.  Green can get hot sometimes, but he is not alway a factor.  Same thing with Durham.  A few more threes and some better free throw shooting and we could have beaten a tired, young, Duke team.  When Archie gets some top flight guards this will change.  This year we will have to make due with who we have and hope that at least one or two get their shooting eye each game.

I was a little surprised to Archie's reaction to our crowd....i.e. I don't think he even expected what to feel... I guess until you see it/feel it/hear it for the first time you just don't understand what it does to players/coaches on both sides. Crean said as much with Dakich on Thursday. 

I got that impression too. Like that he said eventually it will be more regular occurrence as we play in more big games- or something along those lines. 

Even Grayson mentioned a player 5 feet away not being able to hear you and that sometimes guys were running different plays as a result. 

Crean has  to miss that. 

Impressed with Archie and the boys last night especially Hartman and Morgan. When Archie paired them in the 1st half, we went on that great run. The start of the 2nd half was disappointing, but similar to us vs. Michigan, Iowa didn't have enough after getting it close to get over the hump, and we went on another great run to end the game. I find it refreshing that our team battled after Iowa's run instead of folding like I would have expected the past few seasons.

Michigan game was a disappointment, but if you remove the terrible 16-2 start, the teams played evenly after that since we lost by about 14. The bad start was the difference and that's on CAM and the team. Hopefully, it was a teaching moment that won't happen again and contributed to the victory vs. Iowa. As we all know, winning on the road in the B1G is difficult, so if they learned enough from the Michigan loss to pick up a road win or two down the road, that would be great.

Archived