Been a rough few days.

rico

On 7/27/2020 at 11:51 AM, rico said:

Got to rant somewheres and you guys fit the bill.  Tammy and I have had some "tuff" luck this past week or so.  1st, Tam broke a tooth and they can't get her into the dentist until next week.  Then she got some "red flags" at the doctor's office and is gonna have to have some further tests done(keep us in your thoughts on that one).  Then it was my turn...started with the regulator f87king up on my gas grill.  Followed by a flat tire on my truck.  To top it off, I actually sent my phone through the washer.  No biggies that can't be taken care of sans Tammy's medical procedures.

Now to the real meat.  I found out on Father's Day week-end that I was going to be a Grandpa.  My first grandchild.  My daughter is expecting in mid-December.  She has been living with the father for 2 years now...and I find out last night that he doesn't want to get married, doesn't want the kid, and is taking his happy ass back to his family in Indy.

Thanks for listening and I am going outside to do some target practice with my .22 and 12 gauge.

Sorry to hear Rico, especially for what your daughter and wife are going through. I hope the red flags turn out to be relatively minor. Life is sometimes a bitch. Hope you and yours weather the tough times through ok.

On 7/27/2020 at 12:05 PM, IUFLA said:

That is a tough week...my prayers are with you and your family...

Tough week here too...one of our horses is in the hospital with choke. Find out today if it cleared or he undergoes a risky (50/50) medical procedure. Not as tough as human stuff, but devastating to my wife...

We had our guy, Boomer, euthanized today. We didn't want him to suffer any more, and that's all he had to look forward to...

Just a little backstory to let people know what a wonderful person I'm married to...Boomer was initially a "lesson horse" at a barn my daughter rode at when we lived in Chicagoland. Some people we knew bought him from the barn for their daughter. Long story short, we moved to Houston and the girl who had Boomer developed arthritis (she was 16 at the time) and couldn't ride. The family asked my wife if she would take him...free...they didn't want him to go through the rigors if being a lesson horse again and they had seen my wife with our horses and knew what kind of care he'd get. My wife agreed, and they paid 2K to ship him down here. He had 6 wonderful years here, being ridden a couple of times a week, and hanging and grazing with our other 2. All under the watchful, caring eye of my wife. 

The vet who put him down today, after letting and observing us spend the day with him told my wife after it was done, "He was lucky to have you."

I agree...pic is from today...

MVIMG_20200728_131429.jpg

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

We had our guy, Boomer, euthanized today. We didn't want him to suffer any more, and that's all he had to look forward to...

Just a little backstory to let people know what a wonderful person I'm married to...Boomer was initially a "lesson horse" at a barn my daughter rode at when we lived in Chicagoland. Some people we knew bought him from the barn for their daughter. Long story short, we moved to Houston and the girl who had Boomer developed arthritis (she was 16 at the time) and couldn't ride. The family asked my wife if she would take him...free...they didn't want him to go through the rigors if being a lesson horse again. My wife agreed, and they paid 2K to ship him down here. He had 6 wonderful years here, being ridden a couple of times a week, and hanging a grazing with our other 2. All under the watchful, caring eye of my wife. 

The vet who put him down today, after letting and observing us spend the day with him told my wife after it was done, "He was lucky to have you."

I agree...

@IUFLA sorry to hear about this. I'm sure he was lucky to have you both to look after him these past 6 years.

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Just a little backstory to let people know what a wonderful person I'm married to...Boomer was initially a "lesson horse" at a barn my daughter rode at when we lived in Chicagoland. Some people we knew bought him from the barn for their daughter. Long story short, we moved to Houston and the girl who had Boomer developed arthritis (she was 16 at the time) and couldn't ride. The family asked my wife if she would take him...free...they didn't want him to go through the rigors if being a lesson horse again. My wife agreed, and they paid 2K to ship him down here. He had 6 wonderful years here, being ridden a couple of times a week, and hanging a grazing with our other 2. All under the watchful, caring eye of my wife. 

That stuff sucks. Animals are so beautiful and all they do is love. Sorry to hear that but you gave Boomer it's best life. Thoughts up and find a new one in a few months. That empty stall can be hard. 

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Just a little backstory to let people know what a wonderful person I'm married to...Boomer was initially a "lesson horse" at a barn my daughter rode at when we lived in Chicagoland. Some people we knew bought him from the barn for their daughter. Long story short, we moved to Houston and the girl who had Boomer developed arthritis (she was 16 at the time) and couldn't ride. The family asked my wife if she would take him...free...they didn't want him to go through the rigors if being a lesson horse again and they had seen my wife with our horses and knew what kind of care he'd get. My wife agreed, and they paid 2K to ship him down here. He had 6 wonderful years here, being ridden a couple of times a week, and hanging and grazing with our other 2. All under the watchful, caring eye of my wife. 

My heart breaks for you.

My week has been hectic and even for my mom she finally got my grandparents to move out their three story house that they've been in for who knows how long and now my mom and my uncle have to get it sold and have some of what's left auctioned off. Their using a realtor who is the son of someone my grandfather knows so that helps. My grandfather is 92 and my grandmother is in her late 80's and neither one can't drive my grandmother is hard of hearing of both are having memory issues. They got moved into an assisted living facility that's close to my parents and close to my sister and my brother in law I've been burying myself work things.

9 hours ago, Coach1K said:

My week has been hectic and even for my mom she finally got my grandparents to move out their three story house that they've been in for who knows how long and now my mom and my uncle have to get it sold and have some of what's left auctioned off. Their using a realtor who is the son of someone my grandfather knows so that helps. My grandfather is 92 and my grandmother is in her late 80's and neither one can't drive my grandmother is hard of hearing of both are having memory issues. They got moved into an assisted living facility that's close to my parents and close to my sister and my brother in law I've been burying myself work things.

Hope it all works out for your family.

Unfortunately we all get old, some do it well and others don’t. Jury’s still out on me! Wishing you and your family all the best!

Jackie.   Just know you have another family.  Hoosier Sports Nation.  Always willing to support.  Just as with Rico.

• 1 month later...

My grandfather is still in the hospital and doesn't have much time left. Yesterday he started experiencing what they call Cheynne-Stokes breathing I have never heard of it before. I was in his room yesterday and I tried to hold up as best as I could. I was at a funeral today for another family member. 

1 hour ago, Coach1K said:

My grandfather is still in the hospital and doesn't have much time left. Yesterday he started experiencing what they call Cheynne-Stokes breathing I have never heard of it before. I was in his room yesterday and I tried to hold up as best as I could. I was at a funeral today for another family member. 

Dang.  Sorry to hear this.  Both of my grandpa's have past and were amazing men and huge role models to me.  Praying for you and your family.  

2 hours ago, Coach1K said:

My maternal grandma had a debilitating stroke, was bedridden and we watched her suffer for 8 yrs. So have been there and will pray for you. Doesn't mean much now but things do get easier with time.

3 hours ago, Coach1K said:

Sad to hear this Jackie. You have been a big part of Hoosier Sports Nation for years. And like family our hearts goes out to you and your great parents and sister.

Just know. Life goes on.

Hope this brings some solice to you, and your family :

HAVE HOPE | This Too Shall Pass 

On 9/14/2020 at 9:37 PM, NotIThatLives said:

Dang.  Sorry to hear this.  Both of my grandpa's have past and were amazing men and huge role models to me.  Praying for you and your family.  

He's 92 years old I had an aunt die this week who was 96 and her mother missed 100 by three months when she died she was 99 and my dad's mom is the same age that my grandpa is.

44 minutes ago, Coach1K said:

My mother yesterday morning got the call from the hospital so I'm helping her with the details on what needs to be done. I told my boss I'm taking Monday off even though are policy states we can take up to three days.

Blessing to you, and your family.

Don't know why, but this thread suddenly was tearing at my heart. Rico, know this before you know it, you will be able to hold your precious Grandbaby like  I did my first Granddaughter just a few weeks ago. Jackie, sorry for your family, but just know your Grandpa used to hold you in his love as well!

Very sorry to hear about your grandfather, Miss Coach1k.  Sorry for your loss.  I can tell that you are a very kind person.  You always give people the benefit of the doubt and that’s a great quality.  Your grandfather undoubtedly was proud of you. I hope your grandmother is coping well.  My prayers and thoughts go out to you and your family.  

Archived