Miller talks Kentucky series

Cal is not a great coach. A great coach is a leader of men. 

Cal has a great business model. He doesn’t coach as much as he sells. Money is a great manipulator. As has been stated before, Cal is a salesman. He’s clever, no doubt. 

The landscape of college sports has changed drastically. For those that know the former, the change has been for the worse. Guys like Cal standout as part of the cause and that is what RMK was speaking of in the video that @milehiiu linked.

Kids today don’t know the former. For some, traditional work value carry’s weight, mainly from parental pressure and translated values within the family. For others, and I’d wager todays majority, the quickest and easiest road to a massive handout is priority.

1 hour ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Sorry, i was thinking this was the 2nd round game we lost to Kentucky where they went on to win the National Title

It was the Sweet 16, not the 2nd round. Get it right! If you were really an IU fan, you'd know that! Sweet 16's are a big deal to us these days! We don't make it that far very often anymore! 

😜

47 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

It was the Sweet 16, not the 2nd round. Get it right! If you were really an IU fan, you'd know that! Sweet 16's are a big deal to us these days! We don't make it that far very often anymore! 

😜

I stand corrected yet again.  As you can tell, i am not really much of a fan.  I am an embarrassment to my friends and family.

22 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Personally.  I would like the series to return.  Always a big game for me.  IU offered many options to renew the series.  Honestly think that Cal is afraid of playing IU.  It wasn't just "The Wat Shot".

But  also this most likely put the nail in the coffin  to series.

Indiana vs. Kentucky: Hoosiers take down Wildcats 

I was at this game.  Lost my voice by the end of it.  Such a fun time

7 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

was really good until the derecho that really did alot of damage.

Oh.  I forgot about that.  The corn I have had has been ok.  But not the greatest.  Maybe what's left of the Iowa corn is not coming to Colorado. Some of the best end of summer corn in Colorado came out of Sakata farms.  North of Denver.  Sadly, after 74 years... Sakata stopped growing corn after 74 years... a few years back.

Hey stay safe. 

23 hours ago, 5fouls said:

It was prior to Covid, but you would have to think that Archie came down with something sitting that close to Cal.  Something that's slimy and oozes pus.  

IMG_0197.jpg?resize=1128%2C752&ssl=1

At least they look like they enjoy basketball...I mean look at Izzo...he is so grumpy he isn’t happy even when he isn’t coaching...and it even rubbed off on Dane...or maybe Fife is upset he has to wear that fugly jumpsuit.

8 hours ago, Inequality said:

Cal is not a great coach. A great coach is a leader of men. 

Cal has a great business model. He doesn’t coach as much as he sells. Money is a great manipulator. As has been stated before, Cal is a salesman. He’s clever, no doubt. 

The landscape of college sports has changed drastically. For those that know the former, the change has been for the worse. Guys like Cal standout as part of the cause and that is what RMK was speaking of in the video that @milehiiu linked.

Kids today don’t know the former. For some, traditional work value carry’s weight, mainly from parental pressure and translated values within the family. For others, and I’d wager todays majority, the quickest and easiest road to a massive handout is priority.

I disagree partly with that. I think Cal is a poor Xs and Os coach. Not a tactician at all. However he is a great motivator of those kids. They typically get much better by the end of the season. He gets them to play very hard defense and he gets them to mostly play together. If you think it’s easy to take 7-8 5* OAD type kids and get them all to buy in and sacrifice their playing time and shots for the team it isn’t easy. He really is very good at working with young kids and getting them to buy in. That said once you get in a tournament setting it’s hard to win 6 games in a row with Freshman/young players without great leadership on the floor. 

9 hours ago, Sark said:

If he really was considered a cheater by the coaches, he’d be a pariah, and he’s not. On the other hand, maybe he’s not a pariah because the other coaches are bending the rules, too, but he’s better at it than most of them. But if he was a rogue cheater, he’d have been chopped down a long time ago by other coaches.

I think almost all the coaches work in that grey area. That said the coaching fraternity really sticks closer than blood. I think if you spoke out you’d probably be black balled.

• 1 month later...

For someone who refused to play home & home leading to the cancellation of a historic rivalry series, now Cal's going the opposite direction and refusing to play a neutral site game vs. UL this season because he wants a road game in an empty arena and hoping that his home game next year is full capacity. 

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/29969985/kentucky-coach-john-calipari-play-season-basketball-game-louisville-neutral-site

doc holiday Memes & GIFs - Imgflip

This is why I don't care if IU plays Kentucky until Calipari is gone.

Sure, I'd welcome watching IU knocking him out of the dance, but this slimeball keeps changing the rules to justify ducking teams and/or only play them on terms HE views as favorable to UK.  Don't kid yourself, had IU agreed to the Indy-only format and started spanking him regularly, he'd find justification to get out of that arrangement as well.  The only reason he proposed that to begin with is that he perceived IU as down and figured it would be a recruiting bonanza to come to Indy annually and beat IU.

He's a dirtball just a notch above Will Wade.  An occasional matchup in the NCAA tournament will be enough for me until that jackwagon retires.

Archived