Louisville revisited.

rico

6 minutes ago, rico said:

From what little I saw on the morning news it appeared to be a relatively "calm" night in the 'Ville.

Hope it stays that way. The time has come for rational dialogue by reasonable people. Goals need to be stated and pathways to those goals laid out.

As a mod team, we're getting increasingly nervous at some of the posts in these threads.  Look, it's impossible to make clear rules guiding political posts.  All we can say is - be careful, you've all been warned plenty, and if you step over the line don't be upset at a punishment.  

We want to allow conversation.  Many of you are excellent and self-moderate (or moderate others) and we appreciate you.

6 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

As a mod team, we're getting increasingly nervous at some of the posts in these threads.  Look, it's impossible to make clear rules guiding political posts.  All we can say is - be careful, you've all been warned plenty, and if you step over the line don't be upset at a punishment.  

We want to allow conversation.  Many of you are excellent and self-moderate (or moderate others) and we appreciate you.

A quite a few of us, I assume, appreciate the statement HF.

3 hours ago, HoosierFaithful said:

One request I have is that when a thread is locked, the person that initiated (i.e. owns) the thread should be notified as to the reason.  The Louisville State of Emergency thread I started was locked yesterday.  I thought that, up until that point, the thread had stayed in bounds.  Admittedly, I was away from the board for a couple of hours, and someone may have went on a ridiculous rant that had to be deleted, which I did not see.  But, from the posts that I saw, I could not decipher why the thread was locked.  I didn't ask the mod team directly, because I didn't want to rock the boat.  But, since the subject came up anyway, I think it would be a courtesy to communicate to regular posters why their thread gets locked.

38 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

One request I have is that when a thread is locked, the person that initiated (i.e. owns) the thread should be notified as to the reason.  The Louisville State of Emergency thread I started was locked yesterday.  I thought that, up until that point, the thread had stayed in bounds.  Admittedly, I was away from the board for a couple of hours, and someone may have went on a ridiculous rant that had to be deleted, which I did not see.  But, from the posts that I saw, I could not decipher why the thread was locked.  I didn't ask the mod team directly, because I didn't want to rock the boat.  But, since the subject came up anyway, I think it would be a courtesy to communicate to regular posters why their thread gets locked.

Fouls, that one was locked as it once again strayed into politics. This one is getting locked as well. It's not that there is a perception of some kind of improper motivation behind the thread, it is, as you know, because this board is not for political discussion / discussion of social and racial unrest, and these threads are either directly about that stuff, or they bring it out. Always appreciate your posting, but we're not going to OK straying into politics here, and frankly when the  first thread was locked this thread should not have then started. 

Archived