Let's talk soup. Again.

milehiiu

• milehiiu changed the title to Let's talk soup. Again.

Judging by the forecast this week in Indy I'll get my first crack at homemade vegetable soup. Nothing flashy about it but there's a taste I can't duplicate in anything else I cook. Standard ground beef, potatoes, carrots, onions, tomatoes, etc...

The best soup I've ever had eating out was at Bobby Flay's joint in Vegas. Some lobster chowder deal. 

40 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

A few of my favorites...

Mexican Chicken Pozole Verde

Jason's Deli Chicken Noodle

Olive Garden's Chicken Gnocchi 

Chick-Fil-A Chicken Tortilla (seasonal)

Kirkland's Chicken Tortilla

CT.PNG

Thanks for the link on Pazole.  I do like tortilla soup. Gonna have to try the one you posted.  Several years back... on a trip to the Midwest and back to Colorado. Happened to stop in at a Crackle Barrel for lunch. Tried their tortilla soup.  It was so good that we mapped out where the Crackel Barrel's were along our trip. And made it a point to stop either for lunch or dinner for their tortilla soup.  The amazing thing was that no matter where we stopped... the consistency was great. Never found a CB that did not do it right.

26 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Took some vacation week after next. I think I will make some gumbo. I dont do it too often because making the roux takes about 45 mintues of constant stirring but when the weather cools I just have to have it. 

Don't know how close you are to Chicago or if you ever get up there, but Heaven on Seven on Wabash has the best I ever tasted, and I've been to New Orleans numerous times and had it at a ton of restaurants down there...Jimmy knows what he's doin...

gumbo.PNG

For all you soup lovers, my wife bought a set of these at Costco (did I ever tell you I love Costco?) a few years back...Put soup in, put the lid on, open the vent, microwave (I use the reheat, Soup setting) and 5 minutes it's done and perfect...

I highly recommend for the lazy :)

Bowls.PNG

8 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

For all you soup lovers, my wife bought a set of these at Costco (did I ever tell you I love Costco?) a few years back...Put soup in, put the lid on, open the vent, microwave (I use the reheat, Soup setting) and 5 minutes it's done and perfect...

I highly recommend for the lazy :)

Bowls.PNG

I would not call it stupid.  I call it efficient.  Do they come out of the micro hot to the touch?  We have bowls similar to those.  And I have to use my Ovegloves to get them out of the micro.

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I would not call it stupid.  I call it efficient.  Do they come out of the micro hot to the touch?  We have bowls similar to those.  And I have to use my Ovegloves to get them out of the micro.

Yeah, they do...And I too use oven mitts/gloves to take them out...

But it keeps the soup nice an toasty...

Archived