How many NFL guys do we have?

rico

37 minutes ago, rico said:

Any projections as how many future NFL guys we have on the current squad?

We will be lucky if McFadden and Jamar Johnson are on the roster next year. Whop and Fryfogle I think will both be drafted. Jerome Johnson has a good chance to be, as well. 

Projecting ahead.. Mullen and Mathews are both pros. Mullen probably have to play nickel corner, but you can't count that kid out. I think Charles Campbell is a pro too. 

After that.. whole lot of fringe guys: Taylor, Williams, Hendershot, Cam Jones. 

Guys we need to see more game action from: Miller, Marshall, Hewitt, Swinton, Ellis. Another guy I think... AJ Barner, he is freaking HUGE and has made multiple plays on KO coverage this year. If he is fast enough to play on our KO team at 6'6 235lbs already.. goodness. 

11 hours ago, btownqb said:

We will be lucky if McFadden and Jamar Johnson are on the roster next year. Whop and Fryfogle I think will both be drafted. Jerome Johnson has a good chance to be, as well. 

Projecting ahead.. Mullen and Mathews are both pros. Mullen probably have to play nickel corner, but you can't count that kid out. I think Charles Campbell is a pro too. 

After that.. whole lot of fringe guys: Taylor, Williams, Hendershot, Cam Jones. 

Guys we need to see more game action from: Miller, Marshall, Hewitt, Swinton, Ellis. Another guy I think... AJ Barner, he is freaking HUGE and has made multiple plays on KO coverage this year. If he is fast enough to play on our KO team at 6'6 235lbs already.. goodness. 

Penix? Or are the injuries enough to scare the pros off?

42 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Penix? Or are the injuries enough to scare the pros off?

3 season ending injuries in 3 years is probably too much to get anything beyond a late round pick/UDFA pick up. Especially given the nature of the injuries. Maybe if he were able to play 2 more years straight with no injuries he might have a better shot, but even then I think his ceiling would be considered to be relatively low.

5 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Penix is an NFL QB. If he can put together a healthy season and continue building on this seasons success next year he'll be in discussion for a first round pick. 

I really hope and pray so...but I just don't see it with his injury issues.  He has a "glass jaw" in boxing terms.

Archived