Brunk

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

I know I've pointed this out before, but I will again...

IU was 6 points away (loss to Maryland by 1, to Illinois by 1, and Wisconsin by 4 when we had them down by 7 late) from finishing tied with Illinois for 4th in the conference at 12-8...6 points...

6 friggin points...

To be fair, we had some close wins too that could have gone the other way as well and made the record a lot worse. 

1 hour ago, Indy1987 said:

I never said he'd be starting did I?  Sure Race is better but Brunk was our inside depth.  What happens when Trayce or Race pick up 2 quick cheapy fouls early in the game(we've seen that happen before)?  We either go small or leave them in and have them play less aggressive defense.  Neither is good when you will face the talent the B1G has this year.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

i agree he is needed for depth but he isn't going to be the reason we don't win a lot of games.  We have bigger issues than not having brunk

10 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

yeah, TJD is going to be TJD.  The B1G is going to treat us like they did last year until we can prove we can run an offense that doesn't always go through TDJ.  If we do the same thing we did last year, we're going to end up 9th in this league.  We need to elevate our game very soon.

Here’s the thing I know it’s superior talent but north Alabama ran a 2-3 zone and really packed it in.... the difference between last year and this year is BALL MOVEMENT. Like significantly more ball movement. We scored in the 80s against that type of packed in Defense. We are in the 60s against big ten competition for comparison and that wins a decent amount of big ten games. As long as our ball movement continues and our freshmen keep getting more comfortable we will be ok.

On 12/14/2020 at 2:57 PM, milehiiu said:

Not hearing good things about a return this season.... to answer your question.   Time will tell.

Mile's final post.  We miss you buddy.  The Hoosiers won today.  But, we would gladly trade the victory if you were still here to provide us another update on Brunk.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2020 at 12:17 PM, NCHoosier32 said:

the big thing about having Brunk this year is literally any time TJD is out of the game.  i get that they are tough offensively when they are in together, but any time TJD is out, it puts Race in a tough spot or Hunter out of position, etc.  still say next year we will need him badly.  

To add, there is no one height wise for TJD to go against in practice.  This is a big development piece.

Can Geronimo give TJD and Race a break and try to emulate what Brunk did on D?  Seems like he has the wingspan to defend a big man, but also realize he’s only 6’6”.  

the offense would be different with he vs Brunk, but I feel like he’s a capable body to give Race or TJD a break. 

I’d be interested to know what back surgery he had.  Back surgery is not what it used to be with most common procedures outpatient.  But the back is a funny thing.  Tiger Woods is a great example of a high level athlete that struggled for years to get it right and still has issues.

I personally have had back surgery and while recovery was relatively smooth it took me a good year before I trusted my back fully again.  Now I am working out and back to most normal things but I don’t play basketball anymore and only take a few golf swings off the practice tees.  I hope he has a speedy and full recovery but depending on what this was I would not be surprised if he was not able to come back.  We will see, good luck Joey!

On 12/31/2020 at 5:34 PM, Bustout said:

Can Geronimo give TJD and Race a break and try to emulate what Brunk did on D?  Seems like he has the wingspan to defend a big man, but also realize he’s only 6’6”.  

the offense would be different with he vs Brunk, but I feel like he’s a capable body to give Race or TJD a break. 

Moye could...why not...😉

Archived