Best thing that's happened to you in 2020

NotIThatLives

Just now, NotIThatLives said:

Who am I thinking of?  Do you have a son playing soccer somewhere?  Or used to?

Yes thanks, my oldest played with the Houston Dynamo Academy, he was scouted but not offered by Duke, got offered at NYU, but decided to hang up his cleats to attend Northwestern (engineering). Lots of years of soccer fields, travel, soccer camps (the two summers he attended the IU camp as a kid he won the camp mvp award). Lots of good times!

1 minute ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Yes thanks, my oldest played with the Houston Dynamo Academy, he was scouted but not offered by Duke, got offered at NYU, but decided to hang up his cleats to attend Northwestern (engineering). Lots of years of soccer fields, travel, soccer camps (the two summers he attended the IU camp as a kid he won the camp mvp award). Lots of good times!

That's it.  I was thinking northwestern.  Well congrats to her and the family.  Pretty amazing resumes.  

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Hey my daughter got into Duke last night!

is this what they call bitter sweet? Celebrating with her, I was thinking, wait, do I have to actually cheer for Duke now? Noooooooooooo

Congrats to your daughter.  What a great achievement.  I would root for Duke.......if they were playing Kentucky.  Otherwise, nope.  Could not do it.  

2 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

One at Duke, one at Northwestern. You haven't done bad. 🍻

Oh, as far as needing to cheer for Duke....no. Half of my household income comes from the University of Kentucky and it'll be a cold day in hell before I cheer for the athletic department of that particular crease of Satan's butthole. 

My wife asked me what I'd do if one of our kids hypothetically wound up playing for UK. My answer was "You'd see a lot of plain, solid blue shirts in my wardrobe."

3 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

One at Duke, one at Northwestern. You haven't done bad. 🍻

Oh, as far as needing to cheer for Duke....no. Half of my household income comes from the University of Kentucky and it'll be a cold day in hell before I cheer for the athletic department of that particular crease of Satan's butthole. 

My wife asked me what I'd do if one of our kids hypothetically wound up playing for UK. My answer was "You'd see a lot of plain, solid blue shirts in my wardrobe."

My UK basketball hatred runs so deep that, that if my kid wanted to do something like run track or play golf for UK, I would still disown them.  It's just not something I could handle.  Purdue?  I wouldn't like it, but would deal with it.  With UK, there simply is not a middle ground.

2 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I fell deeper in love with my wife.

40th anniversary in June and due to covid, our plans changed. She made it special regardless 

I feel like 2020 has given us men a chance to come closer and love and appreciate our ladies.  I will not lie, I am a very difficult dude, but my wife has put up with it and endured and we are better for it. 

Congratulations on the Anniversary.  I'm at 12 yrs. Hope to make to 40+

11 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

40th anniversary in June and due to covid, our plans changed. She made it special regardless 

That's fantastic Steub.  40 years is quite the commitment to each other.  As far as Covid cancelling what you had planned, it just means you have to do something extra, extra special on #50.

13 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Love this. My wife and I have had some “snippy” moments, mostly in the early days. We’ve definitely grown closer during this though. 

Today is our 12 year anniversary.  We were looking at our wedding album and showing our little guy.  I look 12, my dad looks like he's 27.  Wow, time flys.  2021 needs to be a year of finding another gear in my physical health department.  Need to get my 30 year old body and conditioning back.  My wife is still hot, so that's good.  

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

Today is our 12 year anniversary.  We were looking at our wedding album and showing our little guy.  I look 12, my dad looks like he's 27.  Wow, time flys.  2021 needs to be a year of finding another gear in my physical health department.  Need to get my 30 year old body and conditioning back.  My wife is still hot, so that's good.  

Congrats! Today is our 12 year anniversary as well!

Archived