Nashville bombing!

Drroogh

8 hours ago, Drroogh said:

No matter what, this is senseless! IUFLA, what are the options of Nashville ATC without internet? Please let us not make the maniac involved win by making this political!!!!

The NAS isn't driven by the internet. They did have an issue at BNA tower and approach and Fort Campbell approach with frequencies and radar because the explosion was near an ATT switching station. The NAS does use telco lines for both frequencies and radar...

I haven't heard from my peer at Memphis center, but usually the center will pick up the airspace if an terminal approach control goes down. Not as efficient, but they can still move traffic.

This bombing has me curious about the real motives and the why part of the equation. Terrorists (domestic or international) want dead bodies. This one though given where they parked the RV, gave a warning that played and was told to evacuate tells me the perps have an issue with a business or a problem with an industry rather than wanting to hurt people.

I'm not saying Unabomber type of forensic linguistics but death wasn't the goal here. Makes me curious.

18 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

This bombing has me curious about the real motives and the why part of the equation. Terrorists (domestic or international) want dead bodies. This one though given where they parked the RV, gave a warning that played and was told to evacuate tells me the perps have an issue with a business or a problem with an industry rather than wanting to hurt people.

I'm not saying Unabomber type of forensic linguistics but death wasn't the goal here. Makes me curious.

Could it have been a "test run?"

3 minutes ago, rico said:

I think all things are in play. It's so random it's probably not. To choose a city location is one thing but city on a Christmas morning when no one is out and still play the evacuation message tells me whoever the people are behind this wanted zero casualties. Something else in play but like you said....maybe they did this as a test run so they could see extent of damage and plan for other bombings. Just doesn't add up right now.

1 hour ago, rico said:

This was my first reaction. Testing response times, perhaps. I know that area well, and it sounds like based on an NPR report this morning that local police may have saved some lives by pounding on doors to get people out before detonation. Weird times.

Archived