Penn State Pre-Game

IUFLA

Where: Assembly Hall, Bloomington

When: Wednesday, December 30th 8:30 PM EST

Big Ten Network

PSU.PNG.6fdfe86efecab0e0f4c67d274aebdfbd.PNG

Penn State doesn't have much in the way of size...John Harrar, Izaiah Brockington, Myreon Jones, Seth Lundy, Jamari Wheeler are their starters...Lamar Stevens and Mike Watkins (finally!) are the big loses from last year...

Lost by 17 to Illinois at home...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • IUFLA changed the title to Penn State Pre-Game
50 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

We need to take the next two and should take the next two. I hope we put them away early and not mess around with them.  However, I think it ends up closer than most of us like for 30 minutes before we put them away the last 10. 

Most conference games are close so there won't be many easy games

43 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Chambers would always have them ready to play IU.  Have no clue what there new coach is offering in terms of mental and physical toughness.  

Anyone that has watched them care to share some insight?

Against Illinois it was close til about the 14 minute mark of the 2nd half...when Illinois went on their run, a lot of the Penn State players seemed to throw in the towel...Jacking up shots and playing very selfishly...And neither team played much defense...

37 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Yes, it's time to play a complete game. 

Yep. In the last 4 minutes when the opponent has ONE guy get Atmospheric hot, there need to be one dedicated player that never, is more than 1" away from him. Total, smothering, 5th grade biddy basketball level defense on that one guy! (choke holds and flying chicken wings acceptable!) .

29 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Yep. In the last 4 minutes when the opponent has ONE guy get Atmospheric hot, there need to be one dedicated player that never, is more than 1" away from him. Total, smothering, 5th grade biddy basketball level defense on that one guy! (choke holds and flying chicken wings acceptable!) .

When I miss Vic the most 

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

Yup! We have good players, but we don't have killers. Been lacking that during Archie's tenure. 

Vic was a killer his junior year. 

Don't know if I have ever seen a "killer" at IU like Isaiah Thomas. An assassin with a smile. Don't know what his talent ceiling is, but I think Galloway can develop into that.

3 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

I was actually thinking much more physically smothering than Vic, but this is probably as close to being in agreement as we will get.

It’s all good. Vic completely shut people down in some very big games, eg, against UM, while dominating on the other end. I’m a huge fan of two-way players, there just aren’t that many legit killer two-way guys, Vic was one, and did it with a smile. Will always be one of my favorite Hoosiers 

4 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

It’s all good. Vic completely shut people down in some very big games, eg, against UM, while dominating on the other end. I’m a huge fan of two-way players, there just aren’t that many legit killer two-way guys, Vic was one, and did it with a smile. Will always be one of my favorite Hoosiers 

OG was another.  I still remember how he blocked Jamal Murray twice in the NCAA tournament and really took him out of the game at a critical juncture.  When IU switched OG onto Jamal, he quit scoring.

1 hour ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Couldn't agree more. Only problem is Archie only has one defense, and it doesn't permit a true man on man. Just my 2¢.

5 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Quinn Buckner or Bobby Wilkerson...

Stepping back into my past, well outside of basket ball. Every IU ball player should have to herd 500# steers, in a mud lot, @ 20 degrees, through a 3' wide gate at the end of the pasture. I can't explain how this teaches positioning and "bodying'up" to lawyer couch coaches, but Ano would not have walked easily to the locker room. and COCKburn, would have felt exactly like his name is spelled, not tamed down pronounced!  

16 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Stepping back into my past, well outside of basket ball. Every IU ball player should have to herd 500# steers, in a mud lot, @ 20 degrees, through a 3' wide gate at the end of the pasture. I can't explain how this teaches positioning and "bodying'up" to lawyer couch coaches, but Ano would not have walked easily to the locker room. and COCKburn, would have felt exactly like his name is spelled, not tamed down pronounced!  

Must be why Purdue is so good. That’s called a good ol Friday night with the coeds!!

Archived