Indiana HS Football 2021

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I promise there are other things for MANY of our students to worry about more than Covid. I wish everyone would have been so worried about our children's health before Covid. We would be in a lot better spot. This is a parents decision, not a school boards. 

Masks isn't a parent's decision.  Home schooling their kid if they don't like the rules is the parent's decision or finding themselves a private school.

I wish everyone cared about the children's health and gave them a mask for school.

Edited by iuswingman

11 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

The facebook post was meant to inform people, not to hear the bickering it would have caused had comments had been enabled.

Anderson, IN had an outbreak of covid in their school system after being back for 3 days.  Guess what, they moved to a mask mandate.   The whole free for all didn't protect anyone.

Education will suffer if they have to go back to being virtual.   I would think all parents would be willing to do anything to keep that from happening and mandating masks is step 1.

Anderson is a joke. All those students who came down with Covid after 3 days of school didn´t get Covid while at school. They most likely got their infection in the days leading up to school starting since covid takes 2-14 days for symptoms to appear and I can almost guarantee that not all of those students just happened to be on the short end of their incubation period. As for the masks. Whatever. If it keeps people in school even though most of the ones people wear don´t work because they are not medical grade so it is pointless other than to make some people feel better. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

wait what? you want to go back to doing the things that don't work? quarantining perfectly healthy individuals. Eeeesh. And no... it's never a good idea to censor someone just because you don't like what they have to say. 

Also, vaccinated people can still transmit the virus. The CDC said so.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

The facebook post was meant to inform people, not to hear the bickering it would have caused had comments had been enabled.

Anderson, IN had an outbreak of covid in their school system after being back for 3 days.  Guess what, they moved to a mask mandate.   The whole free for all didn't protect anyone.

Education will suffer if they have to go back to being virtual.   I would think all parents would be willing to do anything to keep that from happening and mandating masks is step 1.

They aren't going to go back virtual. It's individuals that will have their education suffer. What does Anderson IN have to do with Columbus? Nothing.  

Why don't we put them in bubble wrap? lol .... I'm not going to post the stats because it's gotten to the point where some of you are numb to them, but a teenager has next to nothing to worry about when it comes to Covid. Vaping, abuse, drugs, not graduating, etc are much, much larger worries for these students. Hell STDs should be much more of a worry. Peer pressure is more of a worry. 

S*** is getting old. Just be realistic about the actual dangers of it. If we are so scared about Covid for the school aged kids... then sure as h*** don't let them drive to school, no way we should allow them to ever ride on an ATV either. I'm over this discussion. I wish some of you that were so worried about these students now would come spend some time in the classroom with them.  We are raising a whole generation of kids that can't think for themselves. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

Masks isn't a parent's decision.  Home schooling their kid if they don't like the rules is the parent's decision or finding themselves a private school.

I wish everyone cared about the children's health and gave them a mask for school.

They are given a mask. lol Literally... I handed 300 of them out this week. The problem is they shouldn't be forced to wear it. 

Contact tracing is more of the problem for me. My wife quarantined idk how many kids last year and none of them got Covid. It's stupid. It doesn't work and it costs kids memories. But hey... someone said memories aren't important? Idk what in the actual f*** that even means. That's literally all we're going to have at the end of our life... memories. 

Just now, btownqb said:

They are given a mask. lol Literally... I handed 300 of them out this week. The problem is they shouldn't be forced to wear it. 

Contact tracing is more of the problem for me. My wife quarantined idk how many kids last year and none of them got Covid. It's stupid. It doesn't work and it costs kids memories. But hey... someone said memories aren't important? Idk what in the actual f*** that even means. That's literally all we're going to have at the end of our life... memories. 

Masks should be enforced if they want to go to school.

Comparing this to driving a car or STDs is just insanely stupid.  STDs don't get transmitted through the air so trying to make that comparison is a complete joke.

We will never agree on this so go on being you but I actually would like to keep people safe, especially the unvaccinated.

• Thanks 1

Just now, iuswingman said:

Comparing this to driving a car or STDs is just insanely stupid.  STDs don't get transmitted through the air so trying to make that comparison is a complete joke.

We will never agree on this so go on being you but I actually would like to keep people safe, especially the unvaccinated.

No they shouldn't be. lol 

You are out of your element in this discussion. Less than half a percentage of covid deaths are from school aged children. Read that again. There have been 350 deaths from Covid in school aged children... there were 2,700 kids killed in car accidents in 2019 alone. Again.... that's a real danger. You don't know what you're talking about. 

11 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

I'm confused why you think the unvaccinated need or want your help with their health? We don't. 

• Like 1

We have Corydon week 1. Weren't able to play them last year because of 1 positive case. Their HC hasn't had a lot of success, but they usually have some good athletes. 

We have had a lot of success over the years... usually if we can get teams down early, they will fold. The longer we allow teams to stick around, they gain more and more hope and confidence. 

Changed some stuff around personnel wise in the offseason and we will have a 6'4 200lbs QB. We also completely re did our speed development program and have been impressed with the results. 

• Like 1