IU - Wisconsin Pre-Game Thread - Jan. 2 Game

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as i hate Wisconsin, and i hate that whole  state and most things that come from it.  I hate all of their sports.  If it wasn't for the cheese and beer that state would have nothing at all to offer anyone.  Even with all this hatred.  They will thrash us tonight.  They are down yes, but we're bottom feeders in the country right now.   We have 1 scorer, can't defend the 3, can't shoot the 3, have a walk-on as our second best player (and he deserves the praise) and can't figure out how to play at a certain level.  We turn the ball over like we're playing hot potato and have a 6'10 big man who is going to foul out in the first half trying to defend Happ on the block who is going to have a career high scoring night.

edited for language.  Rules violation. Plus we have young people who read our board.  Love ya IHF. Many ways to get a point across, and keep it clean.   mile.

2 hours ago, cohete15 said:

Here’s what tonight means...

It means we have a chance to start off the B1G at an unexpected 2-1. Doesn’t matter if Wisconsin is up or down this year. It means we have an opportunity to inject some energy in to this team. Energy that they, the program, and the fans need. We have seen many different shades of this IU team. We saw fighters against Duke, ND, UL. We saw total embarrassment against ISU and FW. This team needs to transform in to the fighting group. For those that think this one game doesn’t matter...you could be right. But momentum and team unity starts somewhere. 

Maybe it starts tonight. Maybe tonight is scrappy and we win the hustle plays. Maybe that comes from someone unexpected, like DeRon. Maybe Collin’s shots start falling. Maybe we get hosed by the refs (we will) and Archie gets tossed. Maybe that energizes a come back win that can propel them forward. Maybe we beat them like Ohio State beat them. Maybe none of this happens and we lose 63-51. But the idea that tonight’s game means nothing because the book is already written on this team, is garbage. Most of us wrote the book on the 2016 team after Maui. We aren’t winning the B1G this year, but we can play in the top half of the conference if we can gel as a team. Maybe we gel tonight. 

Love this post

3 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

As much as i hate Wisconsin, and i hate that whole  state and most things that come from it.  I hate all of their sports.  If it wasn't for the cheese and beer that state would have nothing at all to offer anyone.  Even with all this hatred.  They will thrash us tonight.  They are down yes, but we're bottom feeders in the country right now.   We have 1 scorer, can't defend the 3, can't shoot the 3, have a walk-on as our second best player (and he deserves the praise) and can't figure out how to play at a certain level.  We turn the ball over like we're playing hot potato and have a 6'10 big man who is going to foul out in the first half trying to defend Happ on the block who is going to have a career high scoring night.

Baker Mayfield was a walk-on. Josh had a D1 scholarship to a decent program and started some as a freshman, his brother had played a decade in the NBA, he isn't Erik Suhr. He is a really good basketball player. 

My [CENSURED] Crystal Ball says Wisconsin 74 Indiana Hoosiers 72 !( Hope that [CENSURED] Ball is WRONG ) !!!!

That [ CENSURED] CRYSTAL BALL also says Northwestern's Wildcats 77 Nebraska's Corn Shuckers 71 !! 

I just found out that Kobe King who was averaging 5,2 Points per game is out for the rest of this season !1  ALSO , D'mytik Trice who was averaging 9.4 Points per gan has a foot injury and did not play in The Badgers Last Game ! I like IU's chances much better than I did before I found out about King not being available and MAYBE NO TRICE EITHER !! Go " Archie & The Gang " Beat those pesky Badgers !!!!

2 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Baker Mayfield was a walk-on. Josh had a D1 scholarship to a decent program and started some as a freshman, his brother had played a decade in the NBA, he isn't Erik Suhr. He is a really good basketball player. 

You are selecting the exception and not the rule.  And if you read, i said he deserved the praise he is getting.  But you will never compete at a high level on average if your walk-on(s) are out performing your scholarship kids.  And if for some reason he is the exception, great.  But you can't compare him to a football player who is a super senior and just won the heismen.  If McBob goes on to win the National Player of the Year at the end of his career, then i will eat crow but i don't think that is going to happen.  But my post wasn't ragging on McBob.  You picked the one thing out of there to argue with me about.  I get that you love McBob and i am getting more on board but he is not his brother or baker mayfield.  He is is own person,  Lets see how the season plays out now that we will be in B1G.

1 minute ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

You are selecting the exception and not the rule.  And if you read, i said he deserved the praise he is getting.  But you will never compete at a high level on average if your walk-on(s) are out performing your scholarship kids.  And if for some reason he is the exception, great.  But you can't compare him to a football player who is a super senior and just won the heismen.  If McBob goes on to win the National Player of the Year at the end of his career, then i will eat crow but i don't think that is going to happen.  But my post wasn't ragging on McBob.  You picked the one thing out of there to argue with me about.  I get that you love McBob and i am getting more on board but he is not his brother or baker mayfield.  He is is own person,  Lets see how the season plays out now that we will be in B1G.

I don't disagree with you, but I think KoB's point is that while McRoberts is a walk-on, he's not a typical walk-on. He's certainly not Baker Mayfield, but he was a scholarship D1 basketball player at a decent program where he averaged 20mpg as a freshmen. He's a real D1 player and really only a walk-on by choice.  

38 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I don't disagree with you, but I think KoB's point is that while McRoberts is a walk-on, he's not a typical walk-on. He's certainly not Baker Mayfield, but he was a scholarship D1 basketball player at a decent program where he averaged 20mpg as a freshmen. He's a real D1 player and really only a walk-on by choice.  

This was my point, thank you. 

12 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

^^^ Hearing that it is a starter for Wisconsin who injured himself in a shoot around today.  Still working on getting a name. 

So Wisconsin is going to be missing two starters and a freshman rotation player who was averaging 19 minutes a game.  No excuse for losing this game.  

30 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Rumor supplied to me, within the last couple of minutes.  A Wisconsin cog has gone down. No name. And not serious.  However, will not be available for the game against IU. 

Just a rumor right now..... but coming from more than one source. 

Don't want to be cruel but hopefully it is Happ

9 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

So Wisconsin is going to be missing two starters and a freshman rotation player who was averaging 19 minutes a game.  No excuse for losing this game.  

Still a rumor. But as intel drips in to me.  Sounding more valid.  And that it is a starter, but not Happ.

24 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Still a rumor. But as intel drips in to me.  Sounding more valid.  And that it is a starter, but not Happ.

Pritzl is the new one, Trice and King have been out.

Alex Bozich @insidethehall

FollowingFollowing @insidethehall
More

No Trice, King or Pritzl for Wisconsin. Three of their top four guards. Can Indiana’s senior guards take advantage? #iubb

5:45 PM - 2 Jan 2018

•  

Archived