It's time....HIRE CHRIS MACK!

Just now, KoB2011 said:

Not a bad fallback, would be a tough call between him and a guy like Beilein IMO. 

I would hire him over Beilein and Matta (assuming back issues are still there). I realize it was reported from an insider that he reached out to IU but I'm still not sure he would actually leave Louisville. If he would I would at least consider him.

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Don't really think he's an option. 

Agreed.   Louisville is Mack's dream job.  His wife is from there.  He has a contract built to extend yrs and raise his pay if additional NCAA sanctions.  They want to raise their kids in Louisville.   He isn't leaving

20 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

I understand Louisville had a couple of decommitments today.

After the Louisville Cardinals failed to make the NCAA Tournament this year, that led to some staff changes on the basketball team. Assistant coaches Luke Murray and Dino Gaudio were let go by Chris Mack. Murray had been at Xavier with Mack also for a total of six seasons between Xavier and Louisville.

That might not have been the best move by Mack, as now it is being reported by Matt Jones of Kentucky Sports Radio, that the firing of Murray and Gaudio has led to “turmoil” behind the scenes of the UofL program.

Jones, who was informed via a source familiar with the situation, says that some people in the program are upset that Murray and Gaudio were let go and that “at least” two recruits want out of their National Letters of Intent to play for Louisville.

Since that report came out, Louisville has announced it has released four-star recruit Bobby Pettiford and three-star recruit Eric Van Der Heijden have been released from their national letters of intent. The Cardinals now have just three recruits signed on for next season.

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2021/3/20/22341769/louisville-cardinals-basketball-recruitng-news-bobby-pettiford-eric-heijden

9 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

After the Louisville Cardinals failed to make the NCAA Tournament this year, that led to some staff changes on the basketball team. Assistant coaches Luke Murray and Dino Gaudio were let go by Chris Mack. Murray had been at Xavier with Mack also for a total of six seasons between Xavier and Louisville.

That might not have been the best move by Mack, as now it is being reported by Matt Jones of Kentucky Sports Radio, that the firing of Murray and Gaudio has led to “turmoil” behind the scenes of the UofL program.

Jones, who was informed via a source familiar with the situation, says that some people in the program are upset that Murray and Gaudio were let go and that “at least” two recruits want out of their National Letters of Intent to play for Louisville.

Since that report came out, Louisville has announced it has released four-star recruit Bobby Pettiford and three-star recruit Eric Van Der Heijden have been released from their national letters of intent. The Cardinals now have just three recruits signed on for next season.

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2021/3/20/22341769/louisville-cardinals-basketball-recruitng-news-bobby-pettiford-eric-heijden

That’s a mess down there...yet he still won at a higher clip then Miller. Crazy.

2 hours ago, Sea Turtle said:

Why would Louisville be anybody's dream? 

The entire city is a dump.

The University is a commuter school.

Well, I guess even Oscar the Grouch loves trash cans....

Because his wife’s family is there. They want their kids to be with the grandparents, it is ACC, they pay him well and it has tradition. 

2 hours ago, Sea Turtle said:

Why would Louisville be anybody's dream? 

The entire city is a dump.

The University is a commuter school.

Well, I guess even Oscar the Grouch loves trash cans....

I mean it's a top 12-15 job. 🤷‍♂️

Very solid recuiting base and well located in that aspect.  

Louisville is ran like a pro team in a good sized city.  They play in the deep gray.  I would say many recruits would feel more comfortable in the city than in the country.  This didn't dawn on me until the last 5 years working in the inner city and working with more black people than before and becoming friends with more as well.  I try to recruit my black friends to move to Cicero but most won't go past 465.  

Archived