Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

Maybe I should have added this one...

Matt Painter

First regular season Conference Championship: 5th year

First Final 4: Yeah, right

First NC: 🤣

If he'd have been coaching Indiana he probably would have been fired after: His 9th year after not making the NCAA Tournament for the 2nd consecutive time

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

As in?

He’s the one who didn’t add a 13th player 

he refused to play Leal 

he refused to use Kopp 

Pre-game he is complaining about foul calls in a game his team won 2 years ago 

Subbing 4-5 guys at once can’t be questioned 

I guess Fran, Collins, Izzo & Underwood do it too 

4 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

he refused to play Leal 

he refused to use Kopp 

Who the hell are you to question our coach? You should be more worried about Painter getting out of the first round against a double digit seed, shouldn't you?

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

he refused to play Leal 

he refused to use Kopp 

Easy slick. I think making sure your operation is in order first before coming on here and either A) Bashing our Coach who by the way has won 3 of 5 vs you since being on the job or B) Fanning the flames in attempt to gain points with the pitchfork crew.

Edited by Seeking6
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Who the hell are you to question our coach? You should be more worried about Painter getting out of the first round against a double digit seed, shouldn't you?

Just a college basketball fan…sorry 

Only worried about the game Saturday 

Painter took all the blame after FDU…never once made excuses.  He went out and got the 300th best portal player 

PS. This is why I like your new Football coach…no excuses.  Positive energy moving forward 

• Like 4

Just now, Purdue7 said:

Just a college basketball fan…sorry 

Only worried about the game Saturday 

Painter took all the blame after FDU…never once made excuses.  He went out and got the 300th best portal player 

PS. This is why I like your new Football coach…no excuses.  Positive energy moving forward 

"Best team money can buy" right?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Indykev said:

Woody is 65 years old. 2 and a half years of college coaching experience. Woodson doesn't have time to miss.

Just FYI for all you "youngsters" out there (under 45) thinking 65 is on a final approach to a funeral, I'll wager Woody (and the rest of us on this board 65+) are just as sharp mentally as any of you. Woody has at least 10 more years if he wants it. I doubt if he wants to coach that long, but he certainly could.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DWB said:

Just FYI for all you "youngsters" out there (under 45) thinking 65 is on a final approach to a funeral, I'll wager Woody (and the rest of us on this board 65+) are just as sharp mentally as any of you. Woody has at least 10 more years if he wants it. I doubt if he wants to coach that long, but he certainly could.

I think he will probably coach for another 6 years or so

4 hours ago, DWB said:

i'm 56 and no he doesnt, he has maybe one more. 😉

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Indykev said:

how many years in college do they have?

Why does that matter? Woody coached at a level above college...

You know, we caught lightning in a bottle 52 years ago...And I think that's what some expect all the time...Like it's some kind of birthright...

It's not...

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Indykev said:

how many years in college do they have?

that's the key here.  take a 62 year old guy who had never coached at the college level and it's a huge adjustment.  just a different game, different responsibilities, etc, etc.  big difference in a guy who is 65 + and has made a career of coaching in college and a guy just trying to make the switch.  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, NCHoosier32 said:

that's the key here.  take a 62 year old guy who had never coached at the college level and it's a huge adjustment.  just a different game, different responsibilities, etc, etc.  big difference in a guy who is 65 + and has made a career of coaching in college and a guy just trying to make the switch.  

And yet, he was able to do in his first year what his predecessors, both long time college coaches, hadn't done in the last 6 by making the tournament, and his second year was able to beat Purdue twice, something those experienced college coaches hadn't done in their last 9 attempts, guide us to our highest Big 10 finish since 2016, and secure our highest NCAA tournament seed since 2011-12...

Those are the facts...

People are entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Why does that matter? Woody coached at a level above college...

You know, we caught lightning in a bottle 52 years ago...And I think that's what some expect all the time...Like it's some kind of birthright...

It's not...

Seems to be one at North Carolina, Duke, Kentucky, and Kansas.  It could and should be here too.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

And yet, he was able to do in his first year what his predecessors, both long time college coaches, hadn't done in the last 6 by making the tournament, and his second year was able to beat Purdue twice, something those experienced college coaches hadn't done in their last 9 attempts, guide us to our highest Big 10 finish since 2016, and secure our highest NCAA tournament seed since 2011-12...

Those are the facts...

People are entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts...

Fair enough.  He also has led us to a NET and Kenpom rating lower than his most recent predecessors except the guy who took over when the University gave itself the death penalty.  Also facts.

It hasn't gone well this year.  It hasn't gone well because Woody failed to address the things that every idiot IU fan on message boards and Twitter recognized as their glaring issues since Woodson got here.  And now we are in the middle of what appears to be a stinker of a season because the only people who apparently couldn't see the problem are the experienced NBA coach and his staff making combined millions of dollars.  

He will get another year but it really sucks to have to have a 65 year old "figure out" what a bunch of moron fans have known for 3 years.

Edited by IUCrazy2
  • Like 6