Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Guess it's just me but Bruce has had a few run ins far deeper than Person....but out of curiosity are you suggesting Zeke was somehow paying players? Guess I'm confused at your analogy. 

Pearl's run ins are turning in Illinois for cheating, a BBQ that Aaron Craft and OSU turned him in for, and then having Chuck Person on staff for something Bruce Pearl had no actual connection to.

Zeke got fired and has been sued for sexual harassment.

I'm not saying either is a terrible person, but only one of the two has ever done anything that actually registers one as having questionable morals and it isn't Bruce Pearl. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Sorry on the requote. I'll just add this. Complain all you want about play, missed recruits, losing record, style of play,etc.....but some of the amateur hour stuff going on in our fanbase has me as disappointed as I've ever been.

All in the name of defending a position or a side. It's sophomoric and amateur hour....and the people who like or support some of this stuff shows their colors as well. 

Again. Constructive criticism sure....but some of the stuff all over IU Basketball right now is just straight bush league.

Thank you father for I have sinned. Clowns is a good one...call us all clowns while you are at it up there on your box. you guys that like to preach to others on how to act crack me up. We have had some good talks over the years, on the board and pm's but i'm no one kid and wont be talked down to by anyone. Dont like it, dont read it. Those are my true colors.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Dear Mr. Buckner

I also would like to say that Mike and yourself are two of my favorite IU players I was fortunate to watch. Both of you embodied what an IU basketball player is supposed to be.

I just hate to see both of you tarnish your reputation and legacy because of hiring Coach Woodson as your coach. I just hope you actually look at where the basketball program is and realize it needs to go in a new direction. If what we fans are hearing is true, that you are putting yourself ahead of what is best for the program at this time. It sounds like you are over stepping your duties and not letting the athletic department do their job.

I know you are busy with your Pacer schedule and probably don't get to watch many college games. Let me assure you what we see on the court with IU doesn't match how other successful teams are running their programs. We have no real guard play and we play to many big men at a time. This isn't how it is done in today's college basketball. You watch NBA games and you definitely don't see teams playing this style of basketball.

I really hope you will listen to what your AD has to say and let him do his job when it comes to the basketball program.

Sincerely,

Scott Roberts.

To be fair the Pacers had been playing two bigs (albeit unsuccessfully) for several years trying to play both Turner and Sabonis together….thankfully they brought in a dynamic point guard and lo and behold what happens??!!!

6 hours ago, 3Ballin said:

Wait!!  When did we get into the NIT discussion!?!?  The last bracketology I saw IU mentioned in was for "Gus Macker".

NIT!!! Woo hoo guys! That’s even better than I thought!

And if Woody is stuck in the 70s like his way basketball is played then he might think the NIT is still a good thing too!

Edited by dgambill
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Thank you father for I have sinned. Clowns is a good one...call us all clowns while you are at it up there on your box. you guys that like to preach to others on how to act crack me up. We have had some good talks over the years, on the board and pm's but i'm no one kid and wont be talked down to by anyone. Dont like it, dont read it. Those are my true colors.

Cool. Don't recall using the word clowns. That would be a personal attack and this board has a very, very strict rule on those so I don't want to break that rule. 

I said sophomoric, bush league, and amateur hour to describe our fanbase right now. Not you or this board. Now if the latter fits the prior...that's on the object to decide whether they fit in that category. Certainly not me. 

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Sorry on the requote. I'll just add this. Complain all you want about play, missed recruits, losing record, style of play,etc.....but some of the amateur hour stuff going on in our fanbase has me as disappointed as I've ever been.

All in the name of defending a position or a side. It's sophomoric and amateur hour....and the people who like or support some of this stuff shows their colors as well. 

Again. Constructive criticism sure....but some of the stuff all over IU Basketball right now is just straight bush league.

Thank you!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BADGERVOL said:

Most people are semi self aware. I’ve met my fair share who lack it completely and live in a dream world that isn’t close to reality. He might very well be one of those types of people. There’s certainly evidence to back that claim up.

Like speaking of yourself in the third person?? 🧐

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, dgambill said:

NIT!!! Woo hoo guys! That’s even better than I thought!

And if Woody is stuck in the 70s like his way basketball is played then he might think the NIT is still a good thing too!

He was on the 79 NIT championship team

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Cool. Don't recall using the word clowns. That would be a personal attack and this board has a very, very strict rule on those so I don't want to break that rule. 

I said sophomoric, bush league, and amateur hour to describe our fanbase right now. Not you or this board. Now if the latter fits the prior...that's on the object to decide whether they fit in that category. Certainly not me. 

I disagree with you on this topic 100% but the terms amateur hour and bush league need to be brought back into my vocabulary more often so thank you. 💪🏻😎

• Like 1

15 hours ago, btownqb said:

If Quinn Buckner is seriously adamant that CMW is getting a 4th year and won't even have a discussion otherwise... first of all F*** him and he should be removed immediately. 

He is one of the worst coaches in NBA history.  13-69 record.  That’s remarkably bad.   Yes, he played ball but this is not a guy known for his basketball acumen when it comes to team building and coaching.  He is out of his lane.  

And how the hell is he qualified to be on the BoT as a basketball player and color commentator?  That set him up to run a massive university system?   

• Like 2

15 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

They were right.  And yes Fred deserves an apology.  As does Dolson.

I’ve been saying for awhile that Dolson is trying to make it work as logically as he can with the constraints.  

I have been posting without proof that Buckner is the guy here and now Intel is coming in.   QB’s fingerprints have been all over this.  If my suspicions are true then this is an outrage of colossal proportions.  

The cascade of frustration and rage that will come down on him will be the worst anyone has seen here.  He is not bigger than the university and the magnifying glass is coming.   

“We need a chair of the BoT.  Let’s hire a failed coach and color commentator to run a major university.  That makes sense.”

• Like 4

This is the first I ever heard that QB hired Archie.  Wow.   It is not the Board’s role to hire the coach.  The way it should work is that they let the AD do his job and then approve after some cross-examination. Not jump in and make the decision. That’s not their role or expertise.  

Since I am in truth-telling mode, Archie, bless his heart, is an inarticulate guy who isn’t particularly bright.  Great coaches have one thing in common, they are bright.   Archie was never IU material.   How QB could interview him and come to the conclusion that Archie was the guy is a major indictment against QB.

Dolson needs to do what he needs to do and work the other trustees.   QB needs to be cut out of this.  The full wrath of the IU fan base is coming for you if you don’t.   Don’t be naive, you will never defeat that.  No one is bigger than the university.  The Board has a duty to the university, not to themselves.  

• Like 8

5 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

He is one of the worst coaches in NBA history.  13-69 record.  That’s remarkably bad.   Yes, he played ball but this is not a guy known for his basketball acumen when it comes to team building and coaching.  He is out of his lane.  

And how the hell is he qualified to be on the BoT as a basketball player and color commentator?  That set him up to run a massive university system?   

He got fired one year into a 5 year contract, and it wasn't just for the record. He was completely toxic in the locker room. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

This is the first I ever heard that QB hired Archie.  Wow.   It is not the Board’s role to hire the coach.  The way it should work is that they let the AD do his job and then approve after some cross-examination. Not jump in and make the decision. That’s not their role or expertise.  

Since I am in truth-telling mode, Archie, bless his heart, is an inarticulate guy who isn’t particularly bright.  Great coaches have one thing in common, they are bright.   Archie was never IU material.   How QB could interview him and come to the conclusion that Archie was the guy is a major indictment against QB.

Dolson needs to do what he needs to do and work the other trustees.   QB needs to be cut out of this.  The full wrath of the IU fan base is coming for you if you don’t.   Don’t be naive, you will never defeat that.  No one is bigger than the university.  The Board has a duty to the university, not to themselves.  

I like Dark Bob. 

• Haha 4