Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

10 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Man, some tea is spilling.

Is Woody's contract public record and Osterman dug for it, or was he leaked that info? 

Dolson has a whale lined up and we only need Buckner out of the way to close everything.  We're so close to being back.  Which means you know he'll probably get another year.

• Like 3

Contracts are public record.  Someone may have filled out a request for the info.

Or even more likely since news sites usually report on the contract when it is signed, they probably already had a copy in storage.

Edited by iuswingman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i can't wait either because it will mean he was fired.  ain't no way the result is us keeping him, next year making us all happy and this thread going away.  i'm not sure anyone would bet on that outcome.  

Maaaaan even @IUFLA said he needed 10:1 odds to bet on us making the tournament next year. Not a single person on this board actually is confident next year gets better. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

If only someone on this board had warned you all that he would be nothing more than "yes man" Dolson if given the job.

I don't think he is being a yes man at the moment.  There is very clearly a power struggle going on and Dolson/the AD opened fire last night by releasing the media and getting in front of the narrative.  The leak of the contract change, everything Rabjohns posted, that is all coming from the AD.  Dolson is playing politics right now and he has a bit of a propaganda leg up on Quinn in that his people are in contact with these recruiting sites and media members far more often than Quinn would be w.r.t. IU athletics.

A yes man would be putting out stuff to support Woodson.  It is clear that someone at Indiana (most likely Dolson's department) chose war.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Nothing gets leaked unless a certain someone wants it to be. Press has been used as stool pigeons since the beginning of time.

100% agree with you on this. Things getting leaked means someone wants them leaked.

Everyone can draw their own conclusion about who wants things leaked and why.... 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I don't think he is being a yes man at the moment.  There is very clearly a power struggle going on and Dolson/the AD opened fire last night by releasing the media and getting in front of the narrative.  The leak of the contract change, everything Rabjohns posted, that is all coming from the AD.  Dolson is playing politics right now and he has a bit of a propaganda leg up on Quinn in that his people are in contact with these recruiting sites and media members far more often than Quinn would be w.r.t. IU athletics.

A yes man would be putting out stuff to support Woodson.  It is clear that someone at Indiana (most likely Dolson's department) chose war.

Did they open fire last night or was it a warning shot? We don't really know that part. 

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

100% agree with you on this. Things getting leaked means someone wants them leaked.

Everyone can draw their own conclusion about who wants things leaked and why.... 

And when folks down in the 812 want things to be quiet they actually can keep it quiet. See the Wilson firing and the goods they dug up all season long.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Did they open fire last night or was it a warning shot? We don't really know that part. 

I think the initial was a warning shot and Buckner doubled down and now it is all out.  (Outside looking in, I have no inside info).

This looks like office politics and people jockeying for the narrative.  Rabjohns was the brush back pitch, the contract stuff and everyone unloading on Quinn is throwing at the head.

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

The issue is the BoT is above the AD and President, and Quinn "7 threes in 8 years" Buckner is the President of the BoT. And he apparently doesn't see an issue playing inside-out, at least not if the option to do otherwise involves firing his buddy. 

Who votes him out as president? Is there a way if everyone else on the BoT agrees to fire Woodson that he can be overturned?

Just now, IUfaninIllinois said:

Who votes him out as president? Is there a way if everyone else on the BoT agrees to fire Woodson that he can be overturned?

Wondering the same. Does QB speak for the entire board? I would hope things like this get put to a vote 

24 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Dolson has a whale lined up and we only need Buckner out of the way to close everything.  We're so close to being back.  Which means you know he'll probably get another year.

You mean Dolaon has a “pearl” necklace lined up…. I mean he has Pearl lined up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I will be happy when this is no longer the most popular thread on the site, regardless of the actual outcome of whatever decision is made.

Although, to be fair, this is what prompted me to get trifocals and find my way back to HSN 😂🤣😂

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Hoosier83 said:

Wondering the same. Does QB speak for the entire board? I would hope things like this get put to a vote 

I’m sure there is a vote but he gets some veto power but I’d think if enough donors threaten to pull their money Buckner will have his hand forced. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

First I've heard of this tweeter... 

The replies are pretty good too where he answers some questions. More than a few hundred followers like some people who try to spew stuff online.

Jordan Majewski

@jorcubsdan

I write about college basketball. Former head CBB writer at SportsAction

Bloomington/Indianapolis, IN

2,140 Following

15.8K Followers

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Beamerball said:

The replies are pretty good too where he answers some questions. More than a few hundred followers like some people who try to spew stuff online.

Jordan Majewski

@jorcubsdan

I write about college basketball. Former head CBB writer at SportsAction

Bloomington/Indianapolis, IN

2,140 Following

15.8K Followers

Right right. I saw all that and has 15K followers.. just wondered who he was 

• Like 1