Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

Just now, IUFLA said:

Looking at Timberlake's stats as compared to Gunn's (which I provided) as I said, not much to choose from...

How can you make a solid point when there's really no evidence you can present to justify it? 

One gets mins at Kansas, the other can barely get on the court at Indiana. There isn't anything more to discuss.  

You want to take one random person's post on BTBers as any sort of gospel, have at it. She proves nothing with her post

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Don't ignore things that don't fit what you want to hear... 

Even if that's true, it just means Buckner is good with the hits on Woody...

Those aren't coming out without people signing off. 

• Like 1

interesting tweet by Tony. A big portal class next year seems risky. 

because it's cutoff, here are the rest:
Georgetown-194 (27) West Virginia-133 (2) Georgia Tech-130 (19) Arkansas-116 (7) Arizona St.-115 (42) Penn St.-90 (18) LSU-87 (15) VCU-84 (49) NC State-78 (25) Mississippi-75 (9) Memphis-72 (14) Butler-67 (44) UCF-65 (46) Washington-58 (33) Texas Tech-33 (30) Florida-31 (12) St. John's-28 (6)

Edited by tdhoosier

1 minute ago, RoadToZion said:

Well, last time I was posting here people lost their minds because I was wrong on Boogie (sorry. but in reality, woodson screwed up w/ boogie. he was ours.............)

As far as I know Woodson will prob step down after the BTT. It'll be "mutual". I had doubts a few weeks ago that we were "in talks" with Pearl, but it seems like there really is something going on. Pearl would turn this program around fast. Theres just a few "in charge" that have a problem w/ Pearls past. 

Woody is a dead man walking. 

First, I agree, Boogie was IUs but Woodson's love of doing nothing cost us.

Just for clarity, are you basing the step down/mutual parting is what you are hearing from some of your people or that is just a gut thought? 

I agree with you on Pearl, I'd love to have him here but some I have also heard don't like his past (which is insane to continue that form of thinking in 2024 when we pay college basketball players with no accountability or monitoring on that front). 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Well, last time I was posting here people lost their minds because I was wrong on Boogie (sorry. but in reality, woodson screwed up w/ boogie. he was ours.............)

As far as I know Woodson will prob step down after the BTT. It'll be "mutual". I had doubts a few weeks ago that we were "in talks" with Pearl, but it seems like there really is something going on. Pearl would turn this program around fast. Theres just a few "in charge" that have a problem w/ Pearls past. 

God bless you.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Absurd. For just so many reasons, absolutely absurd. 

• Like 4

Just now, btownqb said:

One gets mins at Kansas, the other can barely get on the court at Indiana. There isn't anything more to discuss.  

You want to take one random person's post on BTBers as any sort of gospel, have at it. She proves nothing with her post

I didn't take anything as "gospel" and it's rare that I do...

But I also don't make decisions on half the information... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Beamerball said:

First, I agree, Boogie was IUs but Woodson's love of doing nothing cost us.

Just for clarity, are you basing the step down/mutual parting is what you are hearing from some of your people or that is just a gut thought? 

I agree with you on Pearl, I'd love to have him here but some I have also heard don't like his past (which is insane to continue that form of thinking in 2024 when we pay college basketball players with no accountability or monitoring on that front). 

Gut.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

interesting tweet by Tony. A big portal class next year seems risky. 

because it's cutoff, here are the rest:
Georgetown-194 (27) West Virginia-133 (2) Georgia Tech-130 (19) Arkansas-116 (7) Arizona St.-115 (42) Penn St.-90 (18) LSU-87 (15) VCU-84 (49) NC State-78 (25) Mississippi-75 (9) Memphis-72 (14) Butler-67 (44) UCF-65 (46) Washington-58 (33) Texas Tech-33 (30) Florida-31 (12) St. John's-28 (6)

That’s why I’m bearish on next year’s prospects regardless of the coach and why I think we should not delay the inevitable and give the next guy a year head start so to speak. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RoadToZion said:

You know whats sad? We wouldn't be having these talks if Woodson didnt screw up w Caleb Love and Dalton Knecht. But no, he decided to take Sparks and Walker instead. 

He tried with Knecht. Caleb not sure how serious we got. If Woody would’ve told them what they wanted to hear(like most coaches)we might’ve gotten them. 

11 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Watched the early part of the Auburn-MO game last night. Auburn's D was absolutely smothering MO on the perimeter. Hounded Sean East to 4-17 overall on the night. On the year, he's a 52% shooter, 47% from three. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Watched the early part of the Auburn-MO game last night. Auburn's D was absolutely smothering MO on the perimeter. Hounded Sean East to 4-17 overall on the night. On the year, he's a 52% shooter, 47% from three. 

Yeah, but like.. that one time in 1986, Pearl did something mean. 

Then he had a kid at a BBQ!!! 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Victobmyboy said:

He tried with Knecht. Caleb not sure how serious we got. If Woody would’ve told them what they wanted to hear(like most coaches)we might’ve gotten them. 

The line about Love at the time was Woody didn't tell him what he wanted to hear. Based on how this season has played out, what Love wanted to hear was correct and Woody was an idiot. 

• Like 3

Just now, KoB2011 said:

The line about Love at the time was Woody didn't tell him what he wanted to hear. Based on how this season has played out, what Love wanted to hear was correct and Woody was an idiot. 

Yup. Love wanted to come here. Fact. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

I went over to BTB, closed out a few ads and let them know that they could use my location 3 times. 

Honestly, KathywithaC (again, great name) does have logical points. The main one, why would Dolson wage war on the administration? That's career suicide. Not only at IU, but if he wanted to be AD anywhere else, it may not be the best idea to start blowing shit up - so to speak. AND the season is not even over yet. 

I've mentioned before that we need to remember there are some very egotistical boosters that push narratives as a way to turn up the heat. I swear these leaks always originate from boosters who play like they have clout, when they don't. Some can be a bunch of chatty Kathy's (with a K), who like to stir shit up. 

I'm not claiming I have any inside info at all....I'm just looking at the historical batting average of rumors surrounding program altering decisions. It's not good. 

I think it's safe to assume Woody is on the hot seat simply because this team is horrible and our roster outlook is bleak. BUT I am skeptical to the degree of this Dolson/QB feud. Sure they may disagree on the future of Woody, but is Dolson deliberately creating a smear campaign? Seems a bit far-fetched. Does he have Pearl waiting in the wings? Please. He may be interested in Pearl and rightfully so.....doesn't mean he has him close to being in the bag....especially as he's getting his top 15 team ready for the post season. 

Edited by tdhoosier
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

I went over to BTB, closed out a few ads and let them know that they could use my location 3 times. 

Honestly, KathywithaC (again, great name) does have logical points. The main one, why would Dolson wage war on the administration? That's career suicide. Not only at IU, but if he wanted to be AD anywhere else, it may not be the best idea to start blowing shit up - so to speak. AND the season is not even over yet. 

I've mentioned before that we need to remember there are some very egotistical boosters that push narratives as a way to turn up the heat. I swear these leaks always originate from boosters who play like they have clout, when they don't. Some can be a bunch of chatty Kathy's (with a K), who like to stir shit up. 

I'm not claiming I have any inside info at all....I'm just looking at the historical batting average of rumors surrounding program altering decisions. It's not good. 

I think it's safe to assume Woody is on the hot seat simply because this team is horrible and our roster outlook is bleak. BUT I am skeptical to the degree of this Dolson/QB feud. Sure they may disagree on the future of Woody, but is Dolson deliberately creating a smear campaign? Seems a bit far-fetched. Does he have Pearl waiting in the wings? Please. He may be interested in Pearl and rightfully so.....doesn't mean he has him close to being in the bag....especially as he's getting his top 15 team ready for the post season. 

Why would Rabby and the rest put those things out? They always do what the athletic department says to do. Now Kathy just shows up out of nowhere. It’s a PR battle. 

• Like 4