Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

5 minutes ago, Victobmyboy said:

Why would Rabby and the rest put those things out? They always do what the athletic department says to do. Now Kathy just shows up out of nowhere. It’s a PR battle. 

Yep pretty sketchy a brand new account just joins a message board all of a sudden with all of this “information”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

Yep pretty sketchy a brand new account just joins a message board all of a sudden with all of this “information”

Some dude just flat-out called her--- Cathy Langham lol.. (IU trustee board member)

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Victobmyboy said:

Why would Rabby and the rest put those things out? They always do what the athletic department says to do. Now Kathy just shows up out of nowhere. It’s a PR battle. 

Do you know any of this as this as fact, or is it just what people are speculating? I know Rabby has disputed that allegation in the past. 

If we're speculating, I'm sure I could come up with a few more plausible theories to why Rabby leaked the info. Doesn't mean they are true. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RoadToZion said:

Well, last time I was posting here people lost their minds because I was wrong on Boogie (sorry. but in reality, woodson screwed up w/ boogie. he was ours.............)

As far as I know Woodson will prob step down after the BTT. It'll be "mutual". I had doubts a few weeks ago that we were "in talks" with Pearl, but it seems like there really is something going on. Pearl would turn this program around fast. Theres just a few "in charge" that have a problem w/ Pearls past. 

Woody is a dead man walking. 

Bingo. I'm glad to see that you've finally caught up. There's a reason I tried to tell people that Dolson wasn't as inept as people made him out to be. 

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Yup. Love wanted to come here. Fact. 

Lots of recruits have wanted to come to IU. The last couple years the assistants have done a great job. That said Woodson isn't this magical "closer" that he's been labeled as. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Inequality said:

Ohio State and Lebron throwing a bag at Dusty if there is any truth to the rumors. I also don't think Pearl is coming here. Who then is it going to be?

If Pearl tells IU no thanks, this has the possibility to worse than the Stevens  debacle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tdhoosier said:

I went over to BTB, closed out a few ads and let them know that they could use my location 3 times. 

Honestly, KathywithaC (again, great name) does have logical points. The main one, why would Dolson wage war on the administration? That's career suicide. Not only at IU, but if he wanted to be AD anywhere else, it may not be the best idea to start blowing shit up - so to speak. AND the season is not even over yet. 

I've mentioned before that we need to remember there are some very egotistical boosters that push narratives as a way to turn up the heat. I swear these leaks always originate from boosters who play like they have clout, when they don't. Some can be a bunch of chatty Kathy's (with a K), who like to stir shit up. 

I'm not claiming I have any inside info at all....I'm just looking at the historical batting average of rumors surrounding program altering decisions. It's not good. 

I think it's safe to assume Woody is on the hot seat simply because this team is horrible and our roster outlook is bleak. BUT I am skeptical to the degree of this Dolson/QB feud. Sure they may disagree on the future of Woody, but is Dolson deliberately creating a smear campaign? Seems a bit far-fetched. Does he have Pearl waiting in the wings? Please. He may be interested in Pearl and rightfully so.....doesn't mean he has him close to being in the bag....especially as he's getting his top 15 team ready for the post season. 

This might be the most rational post ever on HSN.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

This might be the most rational post ever on HSN.

This is no place for things of that nature. 

I went over to BTB, closed out a few ads and let them know that they could use my location 3 times. 

Honestly, KathywithaC (again, great name) does have logical points. The main one, why would Dolson wage war on the administration? That's career suicide. Not only at IU, but if he wanted to be AD anywhere else, it may not be the best idea to start blowing shit up - so to speak. AND the season is not even over yet. 

I've mentioned before that we need to remember there are some very egotistical boosters that push narratives as a way to turn up the heat. I swear these leaks always originate from boosters who play like they have clout, when they don't. Some can be a bunch of chatty Kathy's (with a K), who like to stir shit up. 

I'm not claiming I have any inside info at all....I'm just looking at the historical batting average of rumors surrounding program altering decisions. It's not good. 

I think it's safe to assume Woody is on the hot seat simply because this team is horrible and our roster outlook is bleak. BUT I am skeptical to the degree of this Dolson/QB feud. Sure they may disagree on the future of Woody, but is Dolson deliberately creating a smear campaign? Seems a bit far-fetched. Does he have Pearl waiting in the wings? Please. He may be interested in Pearl and rightfully so.....doesn't mean he has him close to being in the bag....especially as he's getting his top 15 team ready for the post season. 

• Haha 2

Do you know any of this as this as fact, or is it just what people are speculating? I know Rabby has disputed that allegation in the past. 

If we're speculating, I'm sure I could come up with a few more plausible theories to why Rabby leaked the info. Doesn't mean they are true. 

He put out the buyout clause asterisk that was pretty well hidden. I read the pdf and didn’t catch it originally. Genius move. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

That'd best mean QB is coming around.... 

Let's just say from what I have been told, by credible people, Buckner may not be the hump to get over that many think he is. He loves IUBB as much as anyone and also appreciates the role of an AD. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Beamerball said:

Let's just say from what I have been told, by credible people, Buckner may not be the hump to get over that many think he is. He loves IUBB as much as anyone and also appreciates the role of an AD. 

It sounds like he's willing to get out of the way.

• Like 8