Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

Just now, btownqb said:

Why?

From my understanding, many admins (BOTs or others) still aren't thrilled with his baggage from early years. Now could they change their mind? Sure, with Dolson's help maybe even. However, at this moment in time, it seems May is the leader at the turn.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

It'll be Pearl or May. Either way I'll take it.

The roster after the season may look similar to what Crean faced Year 1.  In my opinion, that's too big of a job for May.

It needs to be Pearl unless fans are willing to be patient for someone else to get their footing,  which is a tall ask at this point.  

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Beamerball said:

Absolutely does at this point in time. Also doesn't seem like Pearl is the guy.

I've heard it'll be him or May. I'm not sure if the stuff about Pearl is 100% accurate. It could be a smokescreen at this point. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Beamerball said:

From my understanding, many admins (BOTs or others) still aren't thrilled with his baggage from early years. Now could they change their mind? Sure, with Dolson's help maybe even. However, at this moment in time, it seems May is the leader at the turn.

Stupid by the BOT. But whatever. 

Clearly this is all coming from somewhere-- you, DC, and Chris007 are saying the exact same things, at the same time. peegs? trilly?

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

Just now, btownqb said:

Stupid by the BOT. But whatever. 

Clearly this is all coming from somewhere-- you, DC, and Chris007 are saying the exact same things, at the same time. peegs? 

No, not peegs. They are more concerned with billboard purchases and petitions. 

1 minute ago, Beamerball said:

In a round about way, yes haha! 

I don't think Buckner is going to stand in the way of the final decision. I also do not think Pearl will be our guy.

Same. Pearls camp is playing both IU and Louisville woes to their own agenda. My opinion.

• Like 1

Just now, Inequality said:

Same. Pearls camp is playing both IU and Louisville woes to their own agenda. My opinion.

In this case, I honestly believe it is more that IU BOTs or other decision makers, don't want Pearl. 

Pearl wants IU.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ThePaulieWalnuts said:

What’s everyone’s opinion of Dusty May and his coaching acumen?

The bigger question is what his ability is to build a roster from scratch.  That's a possibility regardless of who the new coach is.  In that contest, I choose Bruce Pearl.  

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Beamerball said:

In this case, I honestly believe it is more that IU BOTs or other decision makers, don't want Pearl. 

Pearl wants IU.

It’s definitely the BOT wanting to play safe and not hire someone with violations again. But be patient, since that was DC said and see how this plays out. There is likely support for Pearl, just need a few more Trustees to flip.  

• Like 1

Just now, Hoosierfan1901 said:

It’s definitely the BOT wanting to play safe and not hire someone with violations again. But be patient, since that was DC said and see how this plays out. There is likely support for Pearl, just need a few more Trustees to flip.  

100% accurate. Dolson still has time to try and swing some money/supporters. Just as of this moment, May would be the choice.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Beamerball said:

100% accurate. Dolson still has time to try and swing some money/supporters. Just as of this moment, May would be the choice.

While I’m not fond of Pearl’s age, if it means 6-8 years of Pearlmania, I’m all for it. I’m sure some of the BOT are having PTSD of Sampson Fiasco, but the stuff Pearl did was minor and legal now.

Edited by Hoosierfan1901
  • Like 7

9 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

If we don’t hire Pearl because of a few silly things in the past it might be the final straw for me

you have to have a 2 way street here. remember his son is set to take over at Auburn.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

FAU being 94th in defense in a average league at best is really concerning 

i watched them the other night and i thought 5 of us could put 70 on them. also the offensive plays were worse than Woodsons.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1