Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

Just now, Inequality said:

Its hard to say with all the different rumors circulating. It could be that Kenya Hunter knows he's out and he is the IU connection to Montverde.

Maybe Woodson is staying and this years results and overall style of play has them realizing they don't want to play for Woodson and could be better utilized by Self while competing for a national title.

I heard in the office several days ago that Woodson was announcing “retirement” just before B1G tourney.

Lots of speculation happening and I don't  have a clue what to believe.

maybe he will site family or health and do the right thing?

8 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I tried telling you all. This isn’t going to be good. Year 1 post Sampson incoming if not worse 

This clearly signals to me that

1. There will be a TON of players leaving the team. 
2. I don’t know why anyone would want to keep a coach that is going to lose a ton of players because of his ego and style plus lose his best recruit. 
3. I just don’t think the players entering the portal are good enough to fill 8 plus spots. 
4. at least if we are crappy then maybe we can get Pearl in 2025. Unless having zero commits and a mass exodus would somehow be enough ammo for Dolson. I guarantee Woodson mentality is don’t wanna play for me then fine I’ll go get players who do. This day and age that mentality doesn’t work and even losing everyone he won’t take any responsibility for causing this. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i know we'll bring in talent from the portal.  clearly we have the money.  but just for fun... maybe keep a running log of what our current lineup will be next year:

Cupps

Newton

Mtaco

Reneau

Sparks

If this is our starting lineup, God help us.

1 minute ago, ephul said:

If this is our starting lineup, God help us.

don't get me wrong.  as pessimistic as i can be, i know we'll spend the money to get some dudes, but i don't think we can get enough to build a team Woodson can win with!

Zero recruits! Zero! Everybody we targeted decided they don’t want to play at IU. I’ve been watching IU religiously for 34 years and this is the lowest I’ve ever felt. This is a dumpster fire on top of a train wreck. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I tried telling you all. This isn’t going to be good. Year 1 post Sampson incoming if not worse 

I've been saving this for about 6 weeks, and I have no connections.  But, it's not hard to read the room.  IU does not play a style of ball that is going to attract top talent.  And, I still have people telling me NIL is going to fix it.  It's not.  Players will gladly take a few dollars left to play somewhere like Kansas.  IU will not make the tournament next year, and I'm not talking the NCAA or even NIT.  Indiana, as I said weeks ago, is not going to make the Big Ten Tournament.  

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, IUProfessor said:

Simplest explanations are usually the best. 

McNeeley either saw IU with Woodson as a sinking ship.

Or he got wind Mbgako is back at the 3 next year.

Andershock on Peegs said that McNeeley has had concerns for months about IU and he finally decided to decommit today. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Andershock on Peegs said that McNeeley has had concerns for months about IU and he finally decided to decommit today. 

He is obviously smarter than the administration at Indiana. You can't fix stupid and the dumb get dumber. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DC2345 said:

He's watched the games, just like all of us.  At some point, he decided whatever money he was getting is not worth it.  The fact that he does this right after Woodson is announced to be returning is not a coincidence.  If he still thought someone like Bruce pearly could end up at IU, he may have waited for that to play out first.  

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

This clearly signals to me that

1. There will be a TON of players leaving the team. 
2. I don’t know why anyone would want to keep a coach that is going to lose a ton of players because of his ego and style plus lose his best recruit. 
3. I just don’t think the players entering the portal are good enough to fill 8 plus spots. 
4. at least if we are crappy then maybe we can get Pearl in 2025. Unless having zero commits and a mass exodus would somehow be enough ammo for Dolson. I guarantee Woodson mentality is don’t wanna play for me then fine I’ll go get players who do. This day and age that mentality doesn’t work and even losing everyone he won’t take any responsibility for causing this. 

This is exactly right.  I have this feeling the players are winning for them not IU or Woody.  Best to showcase your skills and finish on a hot note before exiting for the NBA or another school.

i suspect Mcneely is hearing from current players what a 💩 show things are.  Transfer portal isn’t going to solve this as I already stated.  Things are dark and if the keeping Woody stands true it will get even darker.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, loviubb said:

THANK GOD MY TAX $ MEAN SOMETHING!!! GIVE  MIKE  3 MORE YEARS!!! HELL I AM ONLY 71 YRS.!!! I AIN'T GOT TO MANY MORE GIVE A DAM'S!!   go low thanks iu!!! PU IS TOPS!!!

are you Hoosier Til Death by chance?  possibly reincarnated?  if so, i'm glad to have you back my man!

• Thanks 1