Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

If the ice cream stand has terrible ice cream or terrible service and folks go elsewhere leaving the Ice cream stand empty and with a bad reputation, is it the fault of the ice cream stand staff or the disgruntled customers who leave bad reviews?

People are blaming the fans on twitter which is ludacrous to me. Should we the fans “fake it” in an effort to trick recruits? Or should accountability set with those who wear the label and are being paid to provide a service?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Inequality said:

If the ice cream stand has terrible ice cream or terrible service and folks go elsewhere leaving the Ice cream stand empty and with a bad reputation, is it the fault of the ice cream stand staff or the disgruntled customers who leave bad reviews?

People are blaming the fans on twitter which is ludacrous to me. Should we the fans “fake it” in an effort to trick recruits? Or should accountability set with those who wear the label and are being paid to provide a service?

It’s hard to f—- up ice cream 

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Danomatic said:

I don’t see where you can save face by keeping Woodson now. It just doesn’t make any sense at all. Woodson cannot be given another season or we’d be lucky to see the tournament again before 2030. 

That’s the thing QB and whoever else isn’t realizing. By keeping Woodson next year and he suxkd and then gets fired you lose out on your new coach having a year to build something special with the 2025 class which might be top 3-5 ever in the state of Indiana. Those top 4 in state kids also all play different positions. Which would help a coach after 1 year. None of those players will be available by next offseason. Egos getting in the way of brains. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

That’s the thing QB and whoever else isn’t realizing. By keeping Woodson next year and he suxkd and then gets fired you lose out on your new coach having a year to build something special with the 2025 class which might be top 3-5 ever in the state of Indiana. Those top 4 in state kids also all play different positions. Which would help a coach after 1 year. None of those players will be available by next offseason. Egos getting in the way of brains. 

Exactly my point

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I doubt it will be that bad with the portal in play

Think Dalton Knecht and multiply that times 10.  The top portal targets will go elsewhere. We'll overpay for mid-major talent just to field a team.   

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

Indiana needs like 20K fans start a protest all through Bloomington. The fan revolt is the only thing that may save Indiana Basketball.

On Sunday every fan should stand outside of AH during the game and not go inside

Just now, 5fouls said:

Think Dalton Knecht and multiply that times 10.  The top portal targets will go elsewhere. We'll overpay for mid-major talent just to field a team.   

I didn't say we would be good but better than Crean's first year. If Crean had the portal that year then his first year would have been a lot better

• Like 1