Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

How many 4 & 5 star players does Dusty have on his roster? How does FAU NIL compare to that of IU?

Serious questions I don't have time to research. I wouldn't be surprised if FAU has no 3 ️ players

I think Dusty would kill it here. I would love a proven P5 coach but don't see it happening.

Dusty always looks like he has fire in his veins on the sidelines.

• Like 7

Just now, 02Hoosier said:

If we miss out on Dusty because we’re able to land Pearl or someone of similar caliber, I can live with that. I’d be pissed though if we miss out on Dusty because we commit to another year of mediocrity with Woodson

That's exactly what will happen and that's the kind of crap IU has allowed to happen for 25 years.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Inequality said:

How many 4 & 5 star players does Dusty have on his roster? How does FAU NIL compare to that of IU?

Serious questions I don't have time to research. I wouldn't be surprised if FAU has no 3 ️ players

I think Dusty would would kill it here. I would love a proven P5 coach but don't see it happening.

I am not sure about the star ratings of his players, but the more I watch FAU, the more I am convinced May would kill it at IU.

Can you imagine how electric Assembly Hall would be with May coaching a team that can play this tempo/shoot like FAU does? It would be deafening. He could assemble a modern day Branch McCracken Hurryin' Hoosiers that would be fun to watch and I would imagine be a draw for recruits.

• Like 5

Just now, 02Hoosier said:

If we miss out on Dusty because we’re able to land Pearl or someone of similar caliber, I can live with that. I’d be pissed though if we miss out on Dusty because we commit to another year of mediocrity with Woodson

Dusty could be a 25 year coach here. If he could get more out of players from the pool he has to work with it only makes sense he could be very potent with better resources.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

I am not sure about the star ratings of his players, but the more I watch FAU, the more I am convinced May would kill it at IU.

Can you imagine how electric Assembly Hall would be with May coaching a team that can play this tempo/shoot like FAU does? It would be deafening. He could assemble a modern day Branch McCracken Hurryin' Hoosiers that would be fun to watch and I would imagine be a draw for recruits.

A university that was committed to its basketball program would make it happen. 

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Inequality said:

But it’s the “fans” give me a break! That’s so lame and soft! How about give us a good product! Basically blaming a customer for not liking a terrible product haha what a joke! Get serious IU. The only reason we aren’t Minnesota at the moment is because of the fans and how passionate the fan base is. I think the media just says that to get a reaction and more clicks because it will trigger our huge base and they know that. 

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, Inequality said:

I think Dusty would would kill it here. I would love a proven P5 coach but don't see it happening.

Dusty always looks like he has fire in his veins on the sidelines.

0 top 100 players.  Looks like Gaffney was just outside that.  Goldin and Lorient were in the 200 range and everybody else, including their two best players were not ranked at all.   I think Dusty could have success here and I don't think it would take long to get it going especially if he brought a couple of his guys with him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Why would you not watch the football team because you are unhappy with the basketball program. Majority of our sports programs have been pretty successful. I guess I don't see the reason to stop rooting for the other programs

I was going to football games, I will stop attending.

4 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Trying to figure why we are talking like Woodson is still being fired.

Its called manifestation. Besides, I believe Dolson is an intelligent guy and will make it happen. No recruits. De commits. Where there is smoke…

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Some of us are still hoping slightly that the administration will pull its head out of its ass.  Probably won't happen.

It sounds like grasping at straws. I doubt they would leak it out of that Woodson is completely  back next year if they weren't sure of it. The only way he isn't back is if Woodson decides to retire

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

Trying to figure why we are talking like Woodson is still being fired.

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

Some of us are still hoping slightly that the administration will pull its head out of its ass.  Probably won't happen.

I feel it more likely that Dolson steps down/gets fired than CMW at this point. Just sad.

• Sad 1