Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

4 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I don't like the decisions they are making and therefore don't want to support them with my money.  

Ok, don't see what that has to do with the football program. I know we haven't played a game yet but I love what I have hearing from the coaching staff.

58 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Ok, don't see what that has to do with the football program. I know we haven't played a game yet but I love what I have hearing from the coaching staff.

All the money goes to the same place.  All that said, I like what I am hearing from that staff too.

• Like 1

On the subject of ticket sales or not going to games,etc....it's literally pennies on the dollar if even pennies. Now the optics are one thing if they show a half empty place (IF that happens) but in terms of revenue....what the TV deals pay the universities is all that matters.

Honestly the only people who are hurt on gameday financially in basketball are the servers at bars/restaurants and maybe Uber/Lyft drivers. Possibly some hotels if it's a weekend game. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

On the subject of ticket sales or not going to games,etc....it's literally pennies on the dollar if even pennies. Now the optics are one thing if they show a half empty place (IF that happens) but in terms of revenue....what the TV deals pay the universities is all that matters.

Honestly the only people who are hurt on gameday financially in basketball are the servers at bars/restaurants and maybe Uber/Lyft drivers. Possibly some hotels if it's a weekend game. 

Oh I know that it isn't much but it is really the only method I have to show my displeasure.  And really the school is about optics, if Assembly Hall ndxt year looked like Maryland's attendance this year, they would take notice.

I'm not happy with the school and I don't want to show up to boo and I don't bother writing to them because they aren't read.  An empty seat is my voice.

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, Indykev said:

The bad thing Scott is i've driven a dozen students who say they arent buying anymore tickets next year. These teams are for them. its their school now.

I just hope they give coach Cig support and it helps recruiting to have the stadium full especially the student section 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I just hope they give coach Cig support and it helps recruiting to have the stadium full especially the student section 

I’m confident they will. We have football season tickets and I was constantly impressed at the student section. I kept expecting it to be empty and it never was. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

totally agree with everything you said here. you can already get tickets for $20 on stubhub for seats below row 15. courtside for less than 100. next year will look worse than Creans first season i fear. of course people will keep buying, they have to to keep their seats but sitting in them is another story. I dont drive basketball games, no money to be made and the police screw up the traffic pattern so bad i start yelling at them. lol. tailgating is another story. big money days. lol.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

https://btownbanners.com/topic/14310-fire-coach-woodson/?do=findComment&comment=878434

So grain of salt because message board, but this is supposedly the master plan.

That guy has been a troll over there. He was on here last year with a different user name. He was the one that told us to look at who the recruits were following on social media so we would know where they would go.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Indykev said:

totally agree with everything you said here. you can already get tickets for $20 on stubhub for seats below row 15. courtside for less than 100. next year will look worse than Creans first season i fear. of course people will keep buying, they have to to keep their seats but sitting in them is another story. I dont drive basketball games, no money to be made and the police screw up the traffic pattern so bad i start yelling at them. lol. tailgating is another story. big money days. lol.

I still am in favor of a new arena where all of your seats have good views and sightlines. If you aren't winning most people won't want to sit in the balcony or right under it.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I still am in favor of a new arena where all of your seats have good views and sightlines. If you aren't winning most people won't want to sit in the balcony or right under it.

you are correct fine sir...Glass killed the new stadium idea some money people wanted. instead wasted everything the S-S family gave him. i wont go to a game unless the seats are below row 16. better to just watch at home other wise. might be the worst stadium other than Wrigley field to watch a game in.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Indykev said:

My one friend up here. Does pretty well during the week but he's got 5 kids in college at same time (blended marriage) and he heads to Bloomington for Football and Basketball nights. Stopped doing it in football about halfway through the season....and stopped in Mid-January. Just said the numbers didn't justify it anymore.

• Like 1

Nothing stopping people from showing up outside assembly hall with signs saying replace the board or fire the coach. You get big enough crowds doing that or staging a mass walkout with the students…where they show up and after the first tv timeout they all get up and leave together….imagine that on tv. You can make a statement and have huge effect…it isn’t about one or two people not showing up…it’s about power in numbers…organization. Have someone deliver a message to the announcers while everyone leaves in unison…imagine that optic.

18 minutes ago, Indykev said:

you are correct fine sir...Glass killed the new stadium idea some money people wanted. instead wasted everything the S-S family gave him. i wont go to a game unless the seats are below row 16. better to just watch at home other wise. might be the worst stadium other than Wrigley field to watch a game in.

Wasted $40 million

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

That guy has been a troll over there. He was on here last year with a different user name. He was the one that told us to look at who the recruits were following on social media so we would know where they would go.

Yeah, but logically what he is saying has to be the plan for next year at the very least.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Yeah, but logically what he is saying has to be the plan for next year at the very least.

I just can't see sustaining success through the portal. Unless we get all freshman and sophomores in the portal where we can have players for a few years

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I just can't see sustaining success through the portal. Unless we get all freshman and sophomores in the portal where we can have players for a few years

Completely agree.  You fill holes with the portal, not build rosters.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Maybe bring in Luke Brown….everything comes full circle.

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Nothing stopping people from showing up outside assembly hall with signs saying replace the board or fire the coach. You get big enough crowds doing that or staging a mass walkout with the students…where they show up and after the first tv timeout they all get up and leave together….imagine that on tv. You can make a statement and have huge effect…it isn’t about one or two people not showing up…it’s about power in numbers…organization. Have someone deliver a message to the announcers while everyone leaves in unison…imagine that optic.

Mob rule... Gotta love it 🙂

Just now, IUFLA said:

Mob rule... Gotta love it 🙂

I actually don’t like mob rule but the best protest is done in a way to get maximum exposure to your cause. Tv announcers and the cameras during a game…pan to the front row and some donor reactions…be epic.