Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

2 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

serious question - how many coaches in the B1G would you take Woodson over?  question #2 - how many power 5 conference teams had a scholarship left open this season?

Painter         Pickell        Collins

Hoiberg        Izzzo          Whomever Mich Hires

Gard           Underwood  Whomever Osu Hires

I have Woodson over Fran(because he’s annoying) and Johnson. Rhodes it’s too early to tell.

10 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

serious question - how many coaches in the B1G would you take Woodson over?  question #2 - how many power 5 conference teams had a scholarship left open this season?

Well, Howard was fired. I'd take him over Woody because we would have a new coach next year.

Edited by ForHumanity
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Between2Halls said:

Somewhere along the line it seems mediocrity has become the goal. 

I see mediocre and mediocrity often in posts, but I respectfully disagree. To say we're mediocre is being extremely kind. Mediocre is painfully average or ordinary. We're just flat awful.

Edited by D-BONE
  • Haha 2

Just now, D-BONE said:

I see mediocre and mediocrity often in posts, but I respectfully disagree. To say we're mediocre is being extremely kind. Mediocre is painfully average or ordinary. We're just flat awful.

Hence the reason I said it seems to be the goal. A goal we seldom attain. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, IU Scott said:

You would probably love BTB because some of them are still delusional thinking we will still make a change. There Fire Mike Woodson thread is up to 790 pages the last time I checked. I still lurk but stopped posting there because it is getting as bad as Peeg's got.

So I don't think he is going anywhere and frankly the tone on the message boards fits the direction of the program.  You know how many things are going to have to go almost perfectly between now and November to not be at this point again this time next year?  A bunch.  And the thing is, you know that.  When the school thinks about "crazy toxic fans" do you think they are talking about people blowing off steam on a message board or people who were emailing the AD after every loss calling for the coach to be fired?  Which, whatever, but get off your high horse man.  You were one of the WORST complainers the past month and a half and you were encouraging others to fire up the computer and shoot off emails like you were.  After all that you should have some humility and zip it about other people being negative.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Inequality said:

Think that was his way of giving the bird to the “true fans”? Odd that he was upset with the refs in this game when there have been games that were super lopsided.

It wasn't the officiating, he was just done coaching this team.  

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

So I don't think he is going anywhere and frankly the tone on the message boards fits the direction of the program.  You know how many things are going to have to go almost perfectly between now and November to not be at this point again this time next year?  A bunch.  And the thing is, you know that.  When the school thinks about "crazy toxic fans" do you think they are talking about people blowing off steam on a message board or people who were emailing the AD after every loss calling for the coach to be fired?  Which, whatever, but get off your high horse man.  You were one of the WORST complainers the past month and a half and you were encouraging others to fire up the computer and shoot off emails like you were.  After all that you should have some humility and zip it about other people being negative.

It appears we have been given a goal!!!!:coffee:

1 hour ago, Cbp4IU said:

I have Woodson over Fran(because he’s annoying) and Johnson. Rhodes it’s too early to tell.

missing some teams

2 hours ago, Cbp4IU said:

Probably all of them. They’re all better college coaches than Woodson when it comes to actually doing the entire job. 

• Like 3

Leal supporting Woodson may very well be a business ploy… keeps his $$$$$ rolling in currently as a player. Would a Pearl keep somebody like him? May probably would but a coach like Pearl very well may not. The kid isn’t a dumb. He wouldn’t get the NIL money at any other university.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Probably all of them. They’re all better college coaches than Woodson when it comes to actually doing the entire job. 

So do you think the blowout and Woodson’s “I don’t wanna have to deal with this” walk off helped Dolson’s case to get rid of him, or won’t matter? 

1 minute ago, IUrocker said:

So do you think the blowout and Woodson’s “I don’t wanna have to deal with this” walk off helped Dolson’s case to get rid of him, or won’t matter? 

It won’t matter. They aren’t breaking up the boys club that is this coaching staff

even Ya immediately started talking like he’s 100% staying

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IUCrazy2 said:

It wasn't the officiating, he was just done coaching this team.  

He was getting embarrassed because that game was about basketball philosophy and contrast in styles…and his got exposed for how antiquated it truely is. He’s a dinosaur and the mammals just ran roughshod all over his team…his ego couldn’t handle it. Look at the nba…Nebraska team looks more like the nba than ours….i know he will be back…and I have no excitement to watch this team…

• Like 2

10 hours ago, pinkroync said:

It's amazing how many people think they're relevant.

Nothing about IU basketball is relevant. Not the players, not the coach, not the writers, and certainly not the fans who have nothing to cheer about. Thank you IU administration you accomplished your goal. You lost control at the end of the Knight regime and became so determined that you would never let athletics ever be more relevant then your academics again and you’ve done that ever since. Now your flagship sports program is completely irrelevant just like your academic university which is just like every other school in the country pushing out a homogenized education that is rich in cost and poor in quality.

• Like 3