Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Magic really coming off May quickly. Ugly ugly game they’ve played. Might be premature to “Knight” him just yet. They’ve had a pretty disappointing season this year when returning all their starters from a final four team.

Who knows what he'd do at a school this resources, i just dont want to find out.

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Oh i understand all that…just saying Dan still thinks he hasn’t gotten his 20 mins of fame.

the only issue i have with him is he talks from both side of his mouth like IUScott. Both i'm sure good people just a horrible trait.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I went the opposite way.  Just started arguing with them.  Makes them so mad

I’ve been told it’s not hearing the voices that means your crazy…it’s having a conversation with them that does! 🤣

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Indykev said:

the only issue i have with him is he talks from both side of his mouth like IUScott. Both i'm sure good people just a horrible trait.

I never changed my tune on Woodson so you have no clue what you are talking about about. I am sorry if I got some enjoyment from winning 5 in a row. Even after that I was still in the camp that Woodson needs to go.  I am not in denial like some of our fans thinking their is still a chance of moving on from Woodson.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Indykev said:

no let up until he stops his doubt standards, thats all.

JK - didn't you see when he said i was creeping him out because i was obsessed with him?  it was a whole thing, but we worked it out.  i now understand i'm not his type.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, IU Scott said:

Isn't it time for you to drive around campus stalking players or coaches. Do I think it is time to stop bitching about Woodson, yes because he is coming back. Why keep posting in the fire Mike Woodson thread when he isn't getting fired.

come up with something new old man....dont like the thread show your self out. i will remember this post next season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Isn't it time for you to drive around campus stalking players or coaches. Do I think it is time to stop bitching about Woodson, yes because he is coming back. Why keep posting in the fire Mike Woodson thread when he isn't getting fired.

Explore oh burn GIFs

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Indykev said:

come up with something new old man....dont like the thread show your self out. i will remember this post next season.

Same to you about new material. Next year more than likely I will want a new coach just let me this year. What is your problem with old people which I am not old

• Haha 1

Stupid I know but could we cut with the charades and throw some crazy money at Billy Donavon (maybe leave him an out for an nba job he wants) and put in a huge buyout for UK? Just want someone that is proven and respected. Seems like the NBA thing has run its course too.

https://deadspin.com/billy-donovan-demar-derozan-lonzo-ball-chicago-bulls-1851058650

https://www.si.com/nba/bulls/news/billy-donovan-speaks-on-the-fragile-job-security-of-being-an-nba-head-coach

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Stupid I know but could we cut with the charades and throw some crazy money at Billy Donavon (maybe leave him an out for an nba job he wants) and put in a huge buyout for UK? Just want someone that is proven and respected. Seems like the NBA thing has run its course too.

https://deadspin.com/billy-donovan-demar-derozan-lonzo-ball-chicago-bulls-1851058650

https://www.si.com/nba/bulls/news/billy-donovan-speaks-on-the-fragile-job-security-of-being-an-nba-head-coach

I would think any coach who is in the NBA would think long and hard before going back to coaching college. You have no life at all with all the portal, recruiting and NIL that a college coach has to do.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, dgambill said:

oh man.  don't start this again.  don't start me dreaming again.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

I have no problem being a bad guy about this. I don’t want Woodson. He is not the answer and idc if we are 3-5 wins better next year he isn’t the man and we need to move on. We are already going to throw away next year. 🤬

If fans go silent then they’re complacent and they’re saying “oh well we are what we are.” That’s the defeatist attitude that has us where we are already. If I hear one more ignorant fan saying “IU isn’t IU anymore and we need to move on and accept it” I’m gonna PUKE. IU still has everything to be a yearly top 10 program.

i want a new coach and im not ok otherwise. And if more fans had a “screw you I'm not taking it ANYMORE attitude” it would catch on and change would be forced. I’m not buying another IU anything till we get our 💩 together and take this seriously.

Rant over.

for now… 😂 

image.jpeg.6ffd7cef41652d04d7b1bd266b1c308f.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

we didn't start this thread only to give up when it seems like the chips were down.  just because someone released a statement that he would be the coach next season doesn't change that many of us think he needs to be fired.  plus we have an attainable goal here.  are we saying that the Moses Abraham thread is the all time longest?  did we ever confirm how long that was?

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

we didn't start this thread only to give up when it seems like the chips were down.  just because someone released a statement that he would be the coach next season doesn't change that many of us think he needs to be fired.  plus we have an attainable goal here.  are we saying that the Moses Abraham thread is the all time longest?  did we ever confirm how long that was?

This one is just over 200 pages so this isn't even close to the over 900 pages over on BTB. Those guys are more delusional than people on this site.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

This one is just over 200 pages so this isn't even close to the over 900 pages over on BTB. Those guys are more delusional than people on this site.

Then I want to give them a run for their money. We need to come together as a fanbase and demand BETTER.

• Like 5