Minnesota - Reggie Lynch Scandal

Given how poorly we played against a depleted Wisconsin roster....don't count on it.

Our history recently up at their barn is not much better than at the Kohl center.

My brother and my nephew live in the Twin Cities and are going to the game. I told him that with Lynch, we were a 30 point underdog, given how we played the other night.

Without Lynch, I'd say 12-15

Appears to me the gentleman from Minnesota who handled their press conference today took lessons in the off season from Baylor's Admin. This story isn't going anywhere. Maybe Minnesota can take a page from Oregon (Dana Altman) on how to cover up the cover up. Everyone seems to forget he let a couple of sexual assaults pass...

11 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Appears to me the gentleman from Minnesota who handled their press conference today took lessons in the off season from Baylor's Admin. This story isn't going anywhere. Maybe Minnesota can take a page from Oregon (Dana Altman) on how to cover up the cover up. Everyone seems to forget he let a couple of sexual assaults pass...

Didn't Kansas have some issues as well?

On 1/6/2018 at 9:38 AM, Zuckerkorn said:

IMO, in the 40+ years I've been paying attention to B10 athletics, Minnesota is probably the most corrupt/dirty/scandal ridden school the conference has seen.  Seems they can't go ten years without some major issue.

I seem to be in your boat.  I was thinking about that the other day.  How long ago was it where there was an issue with the football team?

On 1/6/2018 at 9:38 AM, Zuckerkorn said:

IMO, in the 40+ years I've been paying attention to B10 athletics, Minnesota is probably the most corrupt/dirty/scandal ridden school the conference has seen.  Seems they can't go ten years without some major issue.

Do you think it's because their a college program in a Pro town? Ala LA (USC), Miami, NYC (St. Johns)? 

I have no idea what the reason.  A lot of their problems have been behavioral - not just breaking recruiting or academic rules.  They had the big fight back in the early 70's, Dutcher's teams had problems, Haskins'  team had problems, and now the current one (and that's just the basketball side of it).  Of course misconduct happens everywhere when you're dealing with young men that are treated like royalty - but it seems to be more frequent there.

1 hour ago, Zuckerkorn said:

I have no idea what the reason.  A lot of their problems have been behavioral - not just breaking recruiting or academic rules.  They had the big fight back in the early 70's, Dutcher's teams had problems, Haskins'  team had problems, and now the current one (and that's just the basketball side of it).  Of course misconduct happens everywhere when you're dealing with young men that are treated like royalty - but it seems to be more frequent there.

And they still have nothing to show for it. 

Simply put, Ricky Pitino was a bad hire.  I don't see respect from his players as this is just one of several disciplinary issues since he's attempted to take control of the program.  He's just not viewed as an authority figure.  The Pitino name got him some talent and they played relatively well last year, but they are again trending down and it's just a matter of time until the AD acknowledges that Little Ricky can't coach.

3 hours ago, Zuckerkorn said:

If I remember right Bill Musselman was the guy that brought sanctions against the Gophers ala Larry Brown.  Dutcher resigned over 3 of his players being accused of assault and resigned pronto.  Haskins was an academic scandal.  And that leads us to this......just on the basketball side.  

Article in St. Paul paper this morning. Writer interviewed a woman who had gone to high school with Lynch. She said that the girls at the school were warned about Lynch back then...refuting Pitino's statement that he had vetted Lynch and that there were no red flags 

57 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

Article in St. Paul paper this morning. Writer interviewed a woman who had gone to high school with Lynch. She said that the girls at the school were warned about Lynch back then...refuting Pitino's statement that he had vetted Lynch and that there were no red flags 

shocked-face.jpg

Archived