Are You Ready For Some Fantasy Football - HSN Style

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm getting to the point where he's going to be a viable flex play some weeks even with Zeke starting. He's seeing 12-14 touches a game. 

Yeah they even had one play where they were both on the field together. Last night Philly was playing deep zones to prevent big plays....so there was tons of running lanes for both backs...but in general when he has come in the defense has not loaded the box like they do for Zeke and he has had room to run. He also seems to be a big part of their passing game. I agree he is certainly a flex option. If Zeke were to be out he would be a must start.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yeah they even had one play where they were both on the field together. Last night Philly was playing deep zones to prevent big plays....so there was tons of running lanes for both backs...but in general when he has come in the defense has not loaded the box like they do for Zeke and he has had room to run. He also seems to be a big part of their passing game. I agree he is certainly a flex option. If Zeke were to be out he would be a must start.

Just heading into week 4 and you could have starting running backs of Chuba, Mattison again, Sony Michel, Javonte Williams is only a matter of time, Kenyan Drake....and whatever RB the Ravens and 49ers want to play. Crazy injuries as usual at the RB position.

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

This was one of the games this week in our league final score. Guy stays undefeated because his opponent does not play a kicker or defense. Look at final score

Screenshot_20210928-170919_Fantasy.jpg

One of my 20+ year leagues we fine people for not having active roster. $10 a mistake if you don't fill it out. Glad for whoever Woolwine is....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I've got one of those going in another league but I really like my team so no panic yet. If I get to week 6 or so and still in the 2-4 range that's when I'll get pissed. I've run into some odd lineups. 

I have it going in another league besides HSN. Frustrating but my goal with fantasy is always to have a team that’s dangerous in the playoffs, not the best team weeks 1-12. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I have it going in another league besides HSN. Frustrating but my goal with fantasy is always to have a team that’s dangerous in the playoffs, not the best team weeks 1-12. 

Always. Want my teams all set to go with favorable matchups in weeks 14-16. Nice to have good starts in any league but I don't put much in it yet. 

• Like 1

I have a guy in the other league I'm in that drafted the Colts Defense in the first round and Chase Edmonds in the second round.  It's a 2 QB league and the 2 QBs in his starting lineup all season have been Justin Fields and Trey Lance. He has made no changes to his starting lineup, and actually has some pieces on his bench that are much more valuable than most in his starting lineup.  (D'Andre Swift, Myles Gaskin, Will Fuller, Brandon Aiyuk, etc.).  Seriously, the only viable starting plays in his weekly lineup are D. Hopkins and N. Fant.    

He's basically been an auto win for whoever plays him each week, and it will only get worse when bye weeks come into play.  The only good thing about the situation is that I'm fortunate enough to be one of the teams that gets to play him twice during teh regular season.  He's a friend of one of the other players and was asked to join because the league needed a 10th.  If I have anything to say about it, he won't be back in the league next year.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I have a guy in the other league I'm in that drafted the Colts Defense in the first round and Chase Edmonds in the second round.  It's a 2 QB league and the 2 QBs in his starting lineup all season have been Justin Fields and Trey Lance. He has made no changes to his starting lineup, and actually has some pieces on his bench that are much more valuable than most in his starting lineup.  (D'Andre Swift, Myles Gaskin, Will Fuller, Brandon Aiyuk, etc.).  Seriously, the only viable starting plays in his weekly lineup are D. Hopkins and N. Fant.    

He's basically been an auto win for whoever plays him each week, and it will only get worse when bye weeks come into play.  The only good thing about the situation is that I'm fortunate enough to be one of the teams that gets to play him twice during teh regular season.  He's a friend of one of the other players and was asked to join because the league needed a 10th.  If I have anything to say about it, he won't be back in the league next year.

Nuances and members of every league are different but whoever that person is would be getting a text from me 30 minutes before kickoff this weekend. Or at the very least the commissioner should go ahead and put the best lineup in for him. Of course I can be a prick when it comes stuff like that. Haha.

Looking for some clarity on how the IR works in Yahoo.

I was able to move Diontae Johnson to IR last weekend when he was ruled out.  At the time, I was assuming he was going to be out a few weeks and might not come back until after his Bye Week (7).  However, according to his player update, he did practice some today.  So, my question is, if he does play, am I able to keep him on IR even if he is activated?  I have no plans to play him right now because he may still be gimpy and Big Ben can't throw the ball more than 10 yards.  But, I'm not going to drop him either.

I found this online, and it appears I am able to leave him there, but I would not be able to do any player adds.  Does anyone know if that include trades and waiver claims?

image.png.4c6dedd8daedc91a3952fe63c16b55f9.png

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Looking for some clarity on how the IR works in Yahoo.

I was able to move Diontae Johnson to IR last weekend when he was ruled out.  At the time, I was assuming he was going to be out a few weeks and might not come back until after his Bye Week (7).  However, according to his player update, he did practice some today.  So, my question is, if he does play, am I able to keep him on IR even if he is activated?  I have no plans to play him right now because he may still be gimpy and Big Ben can't throw the ball more than 10 yards.  But, I'm not going to drop him either.

I found this online, and it appears I am able to leave him there, but I would not be able to do any player adds.  Does anyone know if that include trades and waiver claims?

image.png.4c6dedd8daedc91a3952fe63c16b55f9.png

Correct. No transactions at all, so no waivers or trades. At least that's how it is for Yahoo's fantasy baseball, so I'm assuming it's the same.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1