Penn State Game Thread

KDB

Just now, Hoosier51 said:

I am so sick of coaches always going for on 4th down and not getting at least some points

Some people say that you shouldn’t tempt fate, and for them I cannot disagree. But I never learned nothin’ from playing it safe, I say fate should not tempt me. 

• Like 1

Just now, BGleas said:

I like when coaches go for it in those situation, the issue is these ultra-aggressive coaches now go for it on 4th down so much, but yet call the most conservative, stupid plays in the situation. 

I like the play call lol.. actually love the play call. 

It's 3 feet. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

They're faster than us.. thats the easiest way. 

I'll play along a bit. So being faster what advantage does it give us from the 5 needing 1-2 yards? We know where our guys are cutting. Spread it out and know one of your guys is going to create that separation on the pivot....not just up the gut it for the 13th time in the last 3 games without success. 

Won't be popular, but one thing I've always likes about the Patriots is that typically in the Brady years when they'd go for it on 4th and short, they'd spread the field out with a bunch of WR's and maybe on RB. When they'd run it there was room and holes created, instead of bunching everything into the box/line. 

Just now, Seeking6 said:

I'll play along a bit. So being faster what advantage does it give us from the 5 needing 1-2 yards? We know where our guys are cutting. Spread it out and know one of your guys is going to create that separation on the pivot....not just up the gut it for the 13th time in the last 3 games without success. 

It's literally 3 feet. 

Just now, BGleas said:

Won't be popular, but one thing I've always likes about the Patriots is that typically in the Brady years when they'd go for it on 4th and short, they'd spread the field out with a bunch of WR's and maybe on RB. When they'd run it there was room and holes created, instead of bunching everything into the box/line. 

But on that side of the line.. it wasn't bunched up. 

2 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Some people say that you shouldn’t tempt fate, and for them I cannot disagree. But I never learned nothin’ from playing it safe, I say fate should not tempt me. 

I'm ok with going for it occasionally on 4th down, but when you are having trouble moving the ball and need all the points you can get kick the damn FG lol.

• Like 1