'24-'25 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

5 hours ago, btownqb said:

hahahahahahahahahaha

From being fired at Minnesota to being the top candidate for Louisville is something. Honestly impressive for him. But wow, you have to imagine how far down Louisville had to go down their list to land at him.

3 minutes ago, 02Hoosier said:

From being fired at Minnesota to being the top candidate for Louisville is something. Honestly impressive for him. But wow, you have to imagine how far down Louisville had to go down their list to land at him.

Louisville AD press conference: Coach Pitino was our top choice all along. We never looked at anyone else. 

image.gif.6b0d57d2d2fabeedfb80c31fd168e229.gif

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I wasn’t aware that the NIT finals would be in Indy this year. It truly was gutless for IU to not accept a bid to potentially play in Indy. Watched OSU/GA and those teams both really wanted it. 

1. CMW on vacation

2. 2/3 of the team transfered/hurt/going pro/not good enough to play

3. Busy contacting every player in portal and following them on Instagram and Myspace.  

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Common Sense said:

1. CMW on vacation

3. Busy contacting every player in portal and following them on Instagram and Myspace.  

My perception would be that teams accepting a NIT bid are in a better place than those declining a puck.

Whatever the reason, declining the bid should raise eyebrows, if not a red flag.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Common Sense said:

1. CMW on vacation

4. Didn't want to potentially play a road game against ISU or Butler

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I wasn’t aware that the NIT finals would be in Indy this year. It truly was gutless for IU to not accept a bid to potentially play in Indy. Watched OSU/GA and those teams both really wanted it. 

I saw the ending and really felt for the OSU players. They’ve come a long way since mid-February imo.

10 hours ago, 5fouls said:

My perception would be that teams accepting a NIT bid are in a better place than those declining a puck.

Whatever the reason, declining the bid should raise eyebrows, if not a red flag.

💯 big red flag. Go big red but not in the big red flag direction EXCEPT for under-8 flags!

4 minutes ago, MrsStoller said:

I may consider going to the NIT finals. These games have been great!

Hinkle is a great venue also. It's a shame that they put IN ST and Cinci in the same bracket. Also too bad OSU didn't make it. Having IN ST, OSU and Cinci in the finals would have been great. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Hinkle is a great venue also. It's a shame that they put IN ST and Cinci in the same bracket. Also too bad OSU didn't make it. Having IN ST, OSU and Cinci in the finals would have been great. 

That would have been epic! Love Hinkle Fieldhouse.

11 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Total disregard for the fan base. A competent administration and a confident coaching staff would have said heck yes we're playing in the NIT.  it's a new season, it's additional practice time,  It's great for the fans, it's great for the brand and it gives the players a chance to hang a banner. 

Instead, they chose to protect their coach and not risk embarrassment. 

I don't want to hear about being shorthanded either. Cinci basically played six players last night. Jizzie James (Edge's son)  played 39 minutes after playing 38 against Bradley. He told the coaches he could play 10 hours straight if necessary. IN ST plays 5 guys 34-38 mpg. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Oh look. Another thread with Woodson the headline....even in the Non IU College Basketball Thread.

PS. Pretty sure Hinkle is already sold out since ISU won last night.

and they wanted to accept the NIT. For what? Damn if you do. Damn if you don't.

• Like 1

I had no interest in accepting an NIT invite. Not really sure what there is to gain, let alone TG was hurt, Ware wouldn't have played. 

So you play one game, get absolutely waxed, Woodson and Co hear it even more from fans, and that is somehow better than "not accepting", there is some serious mental gymnastics going on to make that workable. 

• Like 5