'24-'25 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

OK, when are the girls tv timeouts?  Every 5 mins of play?  How much time between quarters?  Is it equal to a full timeout or even longer?

Networks would be giving up 1 TV timeout per half.  That equals money.  So maybe give each team a 30 second timeout each half that is a use it or lose it?  Strategies come into play when to cash it in but chances are both teams would burn it.  

2 minutes ago, Zville Hoosier said:

End of Duke vs Va tech. Virginia tech guy hit a shot to put them ahead in the final seconds and pumps his fist in celebration as he turns around and clocks Filipowski. No flagrant. How mad would we be if that was TJD getting punched? Crazy 

Pretty mad. But this is not Apples to apples. :)

14 hours ago, Zville Hoosier said:

End of Duke vs Va tech. Virginia tech guy hit a shot to put them ahead in the final seconds and pumps his fist in celebration as he turns around and clocks Filipowski. No flagrant. How mad would we be if that was TJD getting punched? Crazy 

Completely accidental, but that should absolutely be a flagrant.

1 hour ago, kyhoosier29 said:

You win national titles you don’t have to worry about that for a while. Not really relevant to Mike Woodson. And to clarify, I wasn’t one calling for his head. But not a remotely decent comparison.

So, no? You don't think he'll get fired if they lose Saturday? 👍... I agree.

I didn't mention Mike Woodson, btw. 

42 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Completely accidental, but that should absolutely be a flagrant.

I've watched it from a few angles this morning. The VT player totally pulled his fist "celebration" (I don't even want to call it a punch) as soon as he recognized Filipowski was there. Like any good Dukee, Filipowski completely flopped and made a much bigger deal out of it. In my opinion, I thought it was a good "no call"

• Like 1

Just now, HoosierDPU95 said:

I've watched it from a few angles this morning. The VT player totally pulled his fist "celebration" (I don't even want to call it a punch) as soon as he recognized Filipowski was there. Like any good Dukee, Filipowski completely flopped and made a much bigger deal out of it. In my opinion, I thought it was a good "no call"

Disagree. No matter how much Filipowski sold it, you can't hit a guy in the throat because you're wildly swinging your arms in a non-basketball manner. 

If it's a flagrant to swipe your arms through and graze a guy in that area, then it absolutely should be when you're swinging your arms in celebration.