'24-'25 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

34 minutes ago, MrsStoller said:

It’s just fun to see basketball fans in Indiana be excited. I loved the women’s run in the tourney, as well as Indiana State’s run in the NIT.

i may feel differently as the game goes on. No promises on maintaining this cheerful excitement 😂😂

My consolation prize is that at least my gf will be in a good mood when she gets back.  And as the modern-day philosopher Terry Bradshaw once said, "If mama ain't happy...ain't nobody happy". 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, MrsStoller said:

Genuinely excited for my Purdue friends. Seeing the posts from Purdue people on my Twitter feed, here in Indiana, it’s not hard for me to be excited for them. I think I don’t want the trophy back in Connecticut more than I don’t want Purdue to have it 😂. Bring the trophy back to Indiana!

Seeing clips of fans in the streets after their Final Four win bright back my memories of being a student in '02, packing Kirkwood after each win. Incredible fun. I'm happy they got those moments. And I hope it ends exactly the same way, with a runner-up finish and tear gas sending everyone home.

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

Conversation/argument: as an IU fan, do you root for PU tonight?

my take: I can respect good basketball, be jealous of recent success, etc. 

NO

Hell No

If they win I am not going to lose sleep over it

16 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

Strictly as an IU fan, of course not. 

The only reason I am rooting for Purdue is because I'm dating a Purdue cheerleader and want her to have that experience as her last game. 

22 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

NO

My limited experience with people from Connecticut is that they are insufferable snobs. They won't get any worse if they win a 6th title. Purdue fans, on the other hand, will become obnoxious on another level if they win one.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

If the roles were reversed, there isn't a single Purdue fan who would be pulling for IU

1000% correct.  So my answer is NO, HELL NO.  All this (any) PU love is making my stomach hurt. OK, I don't really 'dislike' Painter, and Big Guy seems like a pretty nice kid, but come on, It's Purdue. We are not raised to root for each other, it's part of rival-ness. I don't like or care about UConn so if they win it means nothing to me other than PU losing. 

Oh, and I will win money in our Office pool, so there's that.   

1 hour ago, Coach Robby said:

NO

I picked PU to win in my HSN bracket, if they do then I come in first. With that, I'll still be rooting for UCON tonight

39 minutes ago, ColtsIUDomer said:

1000% correct.  So my answer is NO, HELL NO.  All this (any) PU love is making my stomach hurt. OK, I don't really 'dislike' Painter, and Big Guy seems like a pretty nice kid, but come on, It's Purdue. We are not raised to root for each other, it's part of rival-ness. I don't like or care about UConn so if they win it means nothing to me other than PU losing. 

Oh, and I will win money in our Office pool, so there's that.   

There really is no rivalry any more. Purdue IS Indiana basketball now. Remember when Kentucky raced past us in the mid nineties and never looked back?

Purdue is now doing the same thing. What's even more sad is that, just like then, they don't care.

Edited by Sea Turtle
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

There really is no rivalry any more. Purdue IS Indiana basketball now. Remember when Kentucky raced past us in the mid nineties and never looked back.

Purdue is now doing the same thing.

YARN | and then you were, like, ''Whoa.'' | Finding Nemo | Video gifs by  quotes | eb6602d1 | 紗

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

There really is no rivalry any more. Purdue IS Indiana basketball now. Remember when Kentucky raced past us in the mid nineties and never looked back.

Hold it right there salt water “Turt”!

IU was the one and only IU because Coach Knight was captain and we were practically winning a National Championship every 4-6 years to get Knight his 3. 
Then the wheels fell off. lol 

Purddue will never be IU unless Painter goes on run similar or better that Knight’s. 🤓

25 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

You’re pathetic, find a new place to troll

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

IU was the one and only IU because Coach Knight was captain and we were practically winning a National Championship every 4-6 years to get Knight his 3. 

Purddue will never be IU unless Painter goes on run similar or better that Knight’s. 🤓

That was almost 40 years ago. Nobody under the age of 30 even remembers when IU had a great program. 

Now, the only time you here anybody talk about Indiana basketball is when other fanbases say 'we don't want to end up like Indiana basketball or Nebraska football.'

But you're right. Knight was great until he wasn't. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

There really is no rivalry any more. Purdue IS Indiana basketball now. Remember when Kentucky raced past us in the mid nineties and never looked back?

Purdue is now doing the same thing. What's even more sad is that, just like then, they don't care.

You aren't fooling anyone, everyone knows you are a Purdue troll. You need to get a life if you don't have any thing better to do than be in a rivals message board.

10 minutes ago, 02Hoosier said:

You’re pathetic, find a new place to troll

Then I guess these guys are trolls because that was the point they were making last night. And another point they made was 'nothing will be done now, just like when UK upped the ante because 'Indiana just doesn't seem to care'.

Edited by Sea Turtle

Just now, Sea Turtle said:

Then I guess the Assembly Call and Hoosier Hysterics are trolls because that was the point they were making last night. And another point they made was 'nothing will be done because 'Indiana just doesn't seem to care'.

So there.

Assembly Call is on Thursday so where did they say this

11 hours ago, IUFLA said:

He's quite the YouTube star between rating the fattiest foods you can think of, and video games...

The faithful see a positive review and they react...

"Earl, run down to Ernie's Grocery and Tire Shop and see if'n they have those new Ding Dongs Reed was'a talkin' about." 

BubBrah's marriage counseling and gun range. "Never give up, It's worth a shot"

• Haha 1

On 4/8/2024 at 5:01 PM, Artesian_86 said:

Wasn’t a fan of RMK  but he wins Monday….

No way he let’s Hurley F 💣 Scott May in the middle of the court or intimidate the refs all game 

MP just laid back and enjoyed the show 

• Like 1