'24-'25 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

Gotta actually hand it to Cal. He's been outcoached on the court for years but now he's made the issue of practice facilities his biggest obstacle and the reason he'll be leaving after this year.

I don't know all the details but sounds like he's secured funding for a new practice facility and their AD Mitch Barnhart has blocked it from going forward?

29 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Gotta actually hand it to Cal. He's been outcoached on the court for years but now he's made the issue of practice facilities his biggest obstacle and the reason he'll be leaving after this year.

I don't know all the details but sounds like he's secured funding for a new practice facility and their AD Mitch Barnhart has blocked it from going forward?

I’ve been in their practice facility! Nothing wrong with it!  He’s an excuse-maker for sure. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Posted by a UK fan on another board concerning the 'Cats'(Cal's) struggles:

I posted this I think in the UK thread but it does apply here:

When Kentucky won it all these were Cals four main people:

John Robic (Xs and Os)
Kenny Payne (Player Development)
Orlando Antigua (Recruiting)
DeWayne Peevy (Fan relations)

All of those four left and what they specialized in suffered. Coach O came back and the recruiting is back to normal but the other three things are still issues. Kentucky is starting to get top recruits (see next year) but with no development, in game coaching mistakes and the fanbase has turned on the coach it all adds up to failure.

• Like 1