'24-'25 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

1 hour ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

H even started to grab his ankle in case they didn't believe the push was hard enough.  Then the lay back and act like you need to collect yourself.  So stupid

That's a situation where the refs should be able to go to the monitor and switch the technical to the Duke player. 

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Antoine Davis has 7 points vs Youngstown State with 5 to go in the first...

Needs 19 more... 

Still has 7 at half.  The good news is Detroit is up by 4.  He's going to need the team to hold on or significantly pick up the pace.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Apparently Davis missed a three at the end of the game (down 5) that would have tied the record. There was a technical foul on Youngstown with 10 seconds to go, that gave Davis two free throws, to get within three. 

He hit a 3 with 4:18 to go to put them up 3 and had a turnover and 7 missed FG the rest of the way (and 2 made FT). Certainly had his chances.

Was checking some stats this morning, and boy the ACC is historically bad. Very interesting to see their slide, they've been dropping every year starting in 2018 using the kenpom conference rankings:

2018 2nd

2019 3rd

2020 4th

2021 5th

2022 5th

2023 7th

No teams in the kenpom top 30 right now. New coaches at their blue blood programs struggling and the football $$ is causing dissension with FSU wanting a bigger share. You hate to see it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I assume both got suspended, but the guy I referenced is the one who got sucker punched trying to go back up court to play offense.

Agree, the puncher should be done for the year. 

The punching bag could have backed off and went around and clubber could have backed off too. Another example of two arseholes colliding. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I assume both got suspended, but the guy I referenced is the one who got sucker punched trying to go back up court to play offense.

Agree, the puncher should be done for the year. 

The punching bag could have backed off and went around and clubber could have backed off too. Another example of two arseholes colliding. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Things like this is why I absolutely hate how the rules and officiating let the bigger players move the other players just because they can! Yes I’m talking to you Edy!!!

27 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Another example of horrible officiating. This time leading to even worse things!

Unbelievable that they missed the foul on the guy who eventually got punched. That was borderline worth getting disqualified just on the rebound scuffle. Then to not quickly T him up as he got in the guy's face was just astonishing. Are you somehow okay just because your arms are in the air?

I was also quite amused at how the ref quickly went to try to separate players and then realized that a very large man was pissed, so the ref went to restrain a guard who clearly wasn't involved.