'24-'25 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

watching this right now and I guess coaches are trying to get changes in the recruiting calendar. They are saying if it stays the way it is right now there will be more and more coaches leaving the profession 

Oh Lord. It's Field of 68, so I'm not ruling out that there might be ameliorating context and that quote was pulled to make headlines, but on its face it's ridiculous. Wes Miller just signed an extension to take his average salary to just about $3 million. If he feels he's being overworked, he's welcome to drop down a level, maybe even to the high school ranks. You probably get an off-season then, though you might also have to teach a health class or two.

Ambition took him to where he is now, the head coach of a power conference school. He's being well rewarded for that ambition, better than many see in a lifetime. Playing the victim now is incomprehensible.

• Like 5

On 6/29/2023 at 8:26 PM, Maedhros said:

Oh Lord. It's Field of 68, so I'm not ruling out that there might be ameliorating context and that quote was pulled to make headlines, but on its face it's ridiculous. Wes Miller just signed an extension to take his average salary to just about $3 million. If he feels he's being overworked, he's welcome to drop down a level, maybe even to the high school ranks. You probably get an off-season then, though you might also have to teach a health class or two.

Ambition took him to where he is now, the head coach of a power conference school. He's being well rewarded for that ambition, better than many see in a lifetime. Playing the victim now is incomprehensible.

We all know it’s the assistants that bear the brunt of it on the recruiting trails, scouting, and working one on one with the players. 3 million a year…pretty sure he can find himself a pretty wife at the local country club. It’s not like your wife is marrying you….just your pocket book. Pretty sure my wife would prefer I work 80 hours a week lol…I’d be too exhausted to hound her every evening.

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Word out of Xavier is Jerome Hunter will sidelined indefinitely with a medical issue. Just hope it's nothing to do with what derailed the start of his career at IU.

Was just coming to post the same thing. Here is the release. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, IUskim said:

There seems to be a sudden (exponential) increase in such incidents over the past 2+ years.....🤐

He's getting the finest treatment, I'm sure, and hope he recovers with no lasting effects.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IUskim said:

"It is the second straight year the Trojans program has had a player suffer cardiac arrest."

"Center Vincent Iwuchukwu, one of the top incoming freshmen in college basketball last season, suffered cardiac arrest on July 1, 2022, and was hospitalized for a few days. He returned to play for USC in January, appearing in 14 games."

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/38068148/bronny-james-stable-icu-following-cardiac-arrest