'24-'25 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

The AAU comment is confusing. Some of the best ball movement, and player movement I have seen is in AAU. 

But.. just move the line back to 19ft 9in (what it was when it was introduced), 2.5 feet closer than what it is now, and watch the %s skyrocket. 

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

The AAU comment is confusing. Some of the best ball movement, and player movement I have seen is in AAU. 

But.. just move the line back to 19ft 9in (what it was when it was introduced), 2.5 feet closer than what it is now, and watch the %s skyrocket. 

I still think reducing the shot clock to 30 has hurt shooting percentage. Also teams waiting 12-15 seconds to get into their offense leads to a lot of bad shots at the end of the clock.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I still think reducing the shot clock to 30 has hurt shooting percentage. Also teams waiting 12-15 seconds to get into their offense leads to a lot of bad shots at the end of the clock.

it's 2.5 feet Scott .... pretty substantial 

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

Just to make everyone on the same page, the pool of eligible players that these stats are pulled from is 106 total players.

I can’t find the exact criteria, but my best guess looking at it is a minimum of 2.5 made threes per game.

For example, we have four players over 40% from three on the season and another at 39%, then Mack just a tad below 35% (I am confident he will finish the season over 35%). None of our guys qualify for this list because they don’t have enough makes. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

May as well start having good shooters pull from 40’. If they’re good, they’ll adjust. 

I was able to shoot at Market Square Arena when we took the boys and girls club to play there. I was use to the line being 19'9 but I was able to hit 8/20 from the pro line 23'9.  I would hope ba college level player could adjust to the college line

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I was able to shoot at Market Square Arena when we took the boys and girls club to play there. I was use to the line being 19'9 but I was able to hit 8/20 from the pro line 23'9.  I would hope ba college level player could adjust to the college line

Not guarded with no pressure? That's a very poor comparison. Like Holy cow.  Cmon man 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Calbert Chaeney couldn't adjust to the NBA line. You'd think the all-time leading scorer in Big Ten history and an excellent shooter could make that small couple of steps back, but he never could. 

He was almost 44% for his career from 3 in college, but just under 30% in the NBA.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, BGleas said:

Calbert Chaeney couldn't adjust to the NBA line. You'd think the all-time leading scorer in Big Ten history and an excellent shooter could make that small couple of steps back, but he never could. 

He was almost 44% for his career from 3 in college, but just under 30% in the NBA.  

Yea but Calbert is no Scott. I mean, c'mon man. :)

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Not trying to start the entire Sampson/NCAA/self-reporting debate again, but...

Watching Houston on ESPN thinking about what could have been. 

I'm man enough to admit........ I was wrong. That makes me part of the problem and I am not ok with it. ..... NOW.

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

Not trying to start the entire Sampson/NCAA/self-reporting debate again, but...

Watching Houston on ESPN thinking about what could have been. 

You mean more guys on drugs and not going to class?

Sampson shouldn’t have been fired over the calls. He should have been fired for trashing the culture of the program 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

You mean more guys on drugs and not going to class?

Sampson shouldn’t have been fired over the calls. He should have been fired for trashing the culture of the program 

Agree. I've said numerous times over the years that the phone calls aren't why the program was ruined, it was the grades and drug culture. 

My post wasn't meant as a support of what Sampson did at IU. It was "what could have been" if he had been able to keep his nose clean and run the program like he has at Houston. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, 02Hoosier said:

Didn’t even realize he was still playing in college.. forgot how young he was. And after looking at the stats like @13th&Jackson mentioned, I’d be more than fine with it

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/jalen-blackmon-1.html

I agree... 

-----------------------

He and Cupps as your bench guards, get at least one other guard, as well, in the portal. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/jalen-blackmon-1.html

I agree... 

-----------------------

He and Cupps as your bench guards, get at least one other guard, as well, in the portal. 

We need a starting PG and a starting combo guard. TG off the bench if still here

Edited by 13th&Jackson

7 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

We need a starting PG and a starting combo guard. TG off the bench if still here

It's not happening. You can post that as many times as you want. 

I agree we need a starting PG. 

You start TG with --- transfer PG, TG, McNeely, MM, and Malik 10/10. 

• Like 1

On 1/25/2024 at 2:35 PM, btownqb said:

I think it's pretty ridiculous to expect a high school kid to come in and shoot NBA threes while learning the college game. I thought it was dumb when they moved it. At worst split the difference or just left it alone. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mrflynn03 said:

I think it's pretty ridiculous to expect a high school kid to come in and shoot NBA threes while learning the college game. I thought it was dumb when they moved it. At worst split the difference or just left it alone. 

College 3's are 2 feet shorter than the NBA

• Like 1