'24-'25 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Butler split with Creighton and Marquette, with the road teams winning each game. 

Yep. I know. It's one that Butler needed more. At 16-10 and below .500 in conference they have their work cutout now with road games at Nova and Seton Hall coming. It was their last big chance at a bigger quality win. Tough road for them to make it to .500 in conference play and that will have them firmly on the bubble if not looking in.

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep. I know. It's one that Butler needed more. At 16-10 and below .500 in conference they have their work cutout now with road games at Nova and Seton Hall coming. It was their last big chance at a bigger quality win. Tough road for them to make it to .500 in conference play and that will have them firmly on the bubble if not looking in.

Yeah, I don’t think they get in. I see them playing IU in the NIT if IU gets in

15 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Look, I have never, ever been a fan of Pitino, but I wouldn’t be offended if Coach Woodson would talk about how poorly his team/players performed like Coach Pitino…. Yikes! 
He rips several player by name including Chris Ledlum…

https://www.wnct.com/sports/sports-illustrated/8a2cc569/rick-pitino-callously-rips-weak-st-johns-team-most-unenjoyable-experience-of-my-lifetime/

I actually think that's pretty bad. First of all, he ran off most of the players he inherited, including AJ Storr (Wisconsin)and Posh Alexander (Butler) who've been good this year. Then he criticizes his players for lacking lateral quickness. Well, that's a physical trait, not an effort or fundamental issue. These are the guys he recruited to replace the guys he encouraged to transfer. 

"Pitino was critical of the Red Storm’s recruitment process,"

He's acting like an outside observer to his own program

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I actually think that's pretty bad. First of all, he ran off most of the players he inherited, including AJ Storr (Wisconsin)and Posh Alexander (Butler) who've been good this year. Then he criticizes his players for lacking lateral quickness. Well, that's a physical trait, not an effort or fundamental issue. These are the guys he recruited to replace the guys he encouraged to transfer. 

Just like he denied knowing about all the stuff that happened at Louisville, no?

Good matchup tonight with Iowa St playing at Houston. Should be a defensive showcase with Houston having the #1 defense and Iowa St having the #3 defense per kenpom. The most points per possession Houston has allowed at home this year is 0.932 which is just insane. I really need to watch some good basketball after yesterday.

It is time to eliminate the court storming in college basketball. A Duke player got injured today because of it and that is ridiculous. At first it was a fun thing and was usually for a smaller conference team beating a big conference team at home. Now about any game an under dog wins they storm the court.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

It is time to eliminate the court storming in college basketball. A Duke player got injured today because of it and that is ridiculous. At first it was a fun thing and was usually for a smaller conference team beating a big conference team at home. Now about any game an under dog wins they storm the court.

Absolutely. There should have been a stop put to the stupidity before it became so common place.

• Like 2

On 2/19/2024 at 9:06 AM, 13th&Jackson said:

That’s not a shot at his team…that’s a shot at the NIL guys for not getting him talent…he no longer has to call Addidas for players…but he does need money bags to still get athletes.

7 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm watching our game but have Houston/Baylor on as well. Watching them shows me how much perimeter athleticism we don't have.

One other thing about Houston. Shot goes up and you have 2-3 guys immediately going for boards. Love that team. 

Wonder where we would be if Sampson was still the coach…sure the program might have had some MSU type stuff…but we also probably had their success the past 20 years.

3 hours ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I’m to the point where I just want IU to win, don’t care who the answer is. But I’m not okay with what went on when Sampson was here. Wonder if Houston’s players are doing the same things.

You never hear anything else about him ever since OK and then IU.  Maybe he learned from the experience and made some changes.  Does anyone know what the grad rate or gpa is for Huston over his tenure? 

On 2/19/2024 at 3:07 PM, Kdug said:

Good matchup tonight with Iowa St playing at Houston. Should be a defensive showcase with Houston having the #1 defense and Iowa St having the #3 defense per kenpom. The most points per possession Houston has allowed at home this year is 0.932 which is just insane. I really need to watch some good basketball after yesterday.

23 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm watching our game but have Houston/Baylor on as well. Watching them shows me how much perimeter athleticism we don't have.

One other thing about Houston. Shot goes up and you have 2-3 guys immediately going for boards. Love that team. 

Sigh..... What could have been with Sampson, but I know it was about the "culture".