Updating Predictions? Next 12 Conf Games

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, cohete15 said:

The only thing that will change my prediction is Juwan’s health.

Man, that injury has come at a terrible time. In this 3 game stretch (MSU, UMD, Ill) the UMD and Illinois games are really important. We need Juwan these next two games. 

7 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Man, that injury has come at a terrible time. In this 3 game stretch (MSU, UMD, Ill) the UMD and Illinois games are really important. We need Juwan these next two games. 

Rapid fire games come at a terrible time, as well. Just had a four day break and now we play three times in six days. 

32 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I think the team can rally around him on Monday, but probably not past that one game. 

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

That team didn't finish over .500 in conference and it was a crazy year with a lot of NIT auto bids. This team won't miss the NIT.  

The difference in his example was that other team was 7-11 in conference. In his scenario it had this team at 10-8 in the conference and that would be the difference in this team making the NIT

7 hours ago, cohete15 said:

I think the team can rally around him on Monday, but probably not past that one game. 

My thought as well. Monday at home we could win like we had to win the 1st half vs Northwestern w/o him but after that...we just don't have the depth being down Davis, Morgan.

This exact scenario is why Archie should have been giving Moore 5-8 minutes of time earlier in the season.  I'm not saying he should have done it when he outcome was in the balance like Notre Dame.  But, there were plenty of other opportunities for Moore to get minutes in games where the outcome was a foregone conclusion, and he didn't get in.

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

This exact scenario is why Archie should have been giving Moore 5-8 minutes of time earlier in the season.  I'm not saying he should have done it when he outcome was in the balance like Notre Dame.  But, there were plenty of other opportunities for Moore to get minutes in games where the outcome was a foregone conclusion, and he didn't get in.

Even if he was clearly not ready and not earning it in practice? That sends a bad message to everyone in my mind. Even if that helped Moore, and it could have also killed his confidence, it is a great way to lose a locker room. 

You never know for sure, but I'm guessing it's just a minor tweak/sprain. You could hear on tv when MSU's trainer was there that he asked Juwan if he wanted him to help him up. I could easily be wrong, but I would assume Morgan said something to the trainer that made him think it wasn't that bad. Otherwise you would imagine the trainer would have just had him lay there relaxed until IU's trainers got there.

He was walking a little gingerly back to the locker room, but there weren't even any trainers with him. I would think if it was bad he would have been helped back there.

I'm guessing the score had a lot to do with not seeing him again.

I can't link to a specific time in the video on my phone, but it's around 32:15 into the video.

10 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I still get amused at the 2-3 fans we had here predicting 25+ wins.

i guess this is what i have been saying for months.  i will support the Hoosiers no matter what and always hope for the best, but when the entire country picks you to finish in the lower third of the conference...

41 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i guess this is what i have been saying for months.  i will support the Hoosiers no matter what and always hope for the best, but when the entire country picks you to finish in the lower third of the conference...

Didn't the entire country pick the Pacers to finish at the bottom of the NBA standings? 

With you guys on how fans tend to over-rate our team, and like you I was thinking we'd be an NIT team, but then sometimes people who follow a program see things, player development, new coaching/system, etc. that lends itself to expecting better than prognosticators who look only at the departures (not that the departures didn't hurt our chances). If Morgan were to stay healthy, this team would likely exceed the bottom-third predictors.

10 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I still get amused at the 2-3 fans we had here predicting 25+ wins.

I was one of those fans. I’ll admit I see things through crimson colored glasses. I really didn’t think losing the guys we did to the pros would hurt us this bad, JBJ and now TB were huge losses for us.

8 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Didn't the entire country pick the Pacers to finish at the bottom of the NBA standings? 

With you guys on how fans tend to over-rate our team, and like you I was thinking we'd be an NIT team, but then sometimes people who follow a program see things, player development, new coaching/system, etc. that lends itself to expecting better than prognosticators who look only at the departures (not that the departures didn't hurt our chances). If Morgan were to stay healthy, this team would likely exceed the bottom-third predictors.

Yeah, the two bad losses aside almost everyone was staying 10-12 conference wins for this team before the Morgan injury. Doesn't the seem like our fans did know our program?

i do admit that we were exceeding what i thought we'd do in conference, but still thought we'd finish maybe a little better than the 7th-9th predictions out there.  i mean maybe 6th or 7th if we finished strong down the stretch.  still... if we go back to the prediction thread, many on here were saying 3rd or 25 wins, etc.

Archived