2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

It's good to hear Bob Carpenter again. He use to do the TV play by play for the Cardinals back in the 80s...now does it for the Nats, and they're on MLB network vs the Mets tonight. Very underappreciated play by play guy...

"See...you...later!" 

Edited by IUFLA

Ok...MLB Network, which didn't come with my old Dish network package, but does with YouTube TV, has started to save my fandom...

I'm out of "crabby old man" mode, and although there are still things they've changed that I hate, I still love the game. 

Watching "Quick Pitch" on MLBN has restored some of my faith...I do miss the days of WGN carrying every Cub game, but watching different teams and listening to their home TV announcers rather than the idiots on ESPN, has me pumped...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Ok...MLB Network, which didn't come with my old Dish network package, but does with YouTube TV, has started to save my fandom...

I'm out of "crabby old man" mode, and although there are still things they've changed that I hate, I still love the game. 

Watching "Quick Pitch" on MLBN has restored some of my faith...I do miss the days of WGN carrying every Cub game, but watching different teams and listening to their home TV announcers rather than the idiots on ESPN, has me pumped...

Love MLB Network.  I don't watch it religiously, but whenever I have a hankering for baseball, I know I can flip over to it and there will be something I will watch.  There literally is not anything they put on that I will not watch. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Reds just gave up 6 runs in the 9th so far and now down 10-4. Reds tied the game up in the 6th scoring 4 runs to tie the game

Santillan is the Reds best reliever.  Dude throws a grand total of 11 pitches in the 8th.  Bell makes an idiotic move and brings in Strickland to start the 9th.  Predictable result at that point.

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Santillan is the Reds best reliever.  Dude throws a grand total of 11 pitches in the 8th.  Bell makes an idiotic move and brings in Strickland to start the 9th.  Predictable result at that point.

He has done this all the time.  Also I can't remember a pitcher like Mahler that is so much better on the road than at home.  Today in the third he gave up 3 runs on 1 hit.

1 hour ago, rico said:

Really, really pissed me off.

If my leadership came out and said that...I wouldn't be in that ballpark until he is removed. In a baseball town like Cincy with knowledgeable fans who have put up with only 4 playoff appearances in what last couple of decades you just can't make those comments. Ever.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rico said:

Hey, Lee "I hope we get f*****' hotter than s*** just to stuff it up them three thousand f*****' people that show up every f****"'  day" Elia is still alive...maybe he could manage the Reds 😉

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

I was pleasantly surprised by the Refs series at the Braves with splitting the 4 game series.  The last two days against Cleveland has taken that away.  Their starting put hing hasn't been very good and their hitting has been terrible.  They actually not bad at runs scored but the rest of the stats are in the bottom 4 of baseball.