NCAA Tournament

Just now, Stlboiler23 said:

Which years aside from ‘75? And that doesn’t have any impact on what has happened to Purdue in the tournament. Yeah you guys probably could’ve won more but it doesn’t change Purdue’s misfortunes. 

Alan Henderson broken leg…Scott May broken arm..maybe not win but Coverdale was 70 percent and playing on a softball sized ankle that was black and blue. 

yeah the Virginia game was one of the craziest things I’ve ever seen for you. But getting bounced by some crap teams happens to everyone. Cleveland state and Pepperdine for us. Stuff happens. The Tennessee game before that was one of the craziest things the other way for you. March is wild. I think you guys get to elite 8 and I have you picked for final four. So here’s hoping you ruin my bracket…again…

1 minute ago, BankShot said:

My somewhat petty and myopic view of the NCAA tournament is that I don't really care what happens once IU loses as long as none of these team win the title: Kentucky, Purdue, North Carolina, ULCA, or Duke.

What do you have against the University of Louisiana-Cayenne?

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, BankShot said:

My somewhat petty and myopic view of the NCAA tournament is that I don't really care what happens once IU loses as long as none of these team win the title: Kentucky, Purdue, North Carolina, ULCA, or Duke.

Nice to find a brother in pettiness.  I would add Wisconsin to that list this year as well.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

Alan Henderson broken leg…Scott May broken arm..maybe not win but Coverdale was 70 percent and playing on a softball sized ankle that was black and blue. 

yeah the Virginia game was one of the craziest things I’ve ever seen for you. But getting bounced by some crap teams happens to everyone. Cleveland state and Pepperdine for us. Stuff happens. The Tennessee game before that was one of the craziest things the other way for you. March is wild. I think you guys get to elite 8 and I have you picked for final four. So here’s hoping you ruin my bracket…again…

I would add 1979-80…IU was pre-season #1 but Randy Wittman and Mike Woodson went down.  Wittman never returned and Woodson did but wasn’t 100%.  Every player on that team will tell you that when healthy, the 1979-80 team was better than the team that won the national championship the next year.

Edited by IUJoe

8 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

For the Purdue boys, there was the bad luck 20 point beat down at the hands of UCLA in 1969! 😂

Funny you should mention it

Purdue center Chuck Bavis separated shoulder 

not likely Purdue bests that team….especially with Mount 12-36

Sam Gilbert was tough to beat 

• Like 1