NCAA Tournament

10 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

I'm going to think bad thoughts if Purdue is the highest seed left in its region just 3 freaking days into the tournament. 

Decided I'm not going to think bad thoughts (for now) and try something else:

We beat them. We were one shot away from beating them twice. If we could do that, any of the teams still in their path could as well. 

Try not to read too much into betting odds. Vegas has been very bullish on Purdue all season. They've been favored in all but one game, and they're 14-20-1 against the spread. 

Defense wins championships. Only two teams left in the tournament have a worse adjusted defense than Purdue. One of them is Ohio State, the other is Miami. Texas, St. Peter's and UCLA all  have top 30 defenses. Purdue is 89th. 

I reserve the right to revoke all of this and hate everything if Purdue outscores everyone on their way to a championship. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Defense wins championships. Only two teams left in the tournament have a worse adjusted defense than Purdue. One of them is Ohio State, the other is Miami. Texas, St. Peter's and UCLA all  have top 30 defenses. Purdue is 89th. 

I reserve the right to revoke all of this and hate everything if Purdue outscores everyone on their way to a championship. 

Pretty sure no team has won a championship with a kenpom defense ranking above 35? We know they're D is gonna let them down at some point. All it takes is one hot team and bad offense for 10 minutes.

Edited by SawatchHoosier
  • Like 1